Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378282 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half the Man He Used to Be]
« Reply #825 on: August 08, 2013, 05:57:27 pm »

Well, picture your arm, all the way to the shoulder, suddenly becoming acid.  The problem is there's nothing holding it to the area- gravity immediately takes hold.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 08, 2013, 05:58:02 pm »

I told myself i would not, but this is too awesome to not wait list.

Name: Sage silver
Appearance, A pale man, about 2 meters tall, with silver(actal silver at least in look) hair and eyes, wearing a robe of some kind of silver thread
Stats
Strength: 
Dexterity:  1
Speed:  1
Endurance:  1
Potency: 1
Will: 
Channelling:  5
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 08, 2013, 05:59:05 pm »

Not that i dont enjoy seeing myra siffer after failing to kill her but shouldnt the acid she converted her arm into have cauterised the wound?

While I can find that acid cauterization is a thing, I cannot find how long it takes.  If you can find that application of roughly half a second would do so, then I shall unbleed her to death.
There isnt any half seconds with acid, its a liquid and therefore it clings to whatever it touches and keeps burning until its fully diluted, washed away or runs out of stiff to burn through.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 08, 2013, 06:55:42 pm »

"Hrm."

Actions and such!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 08, 2013, 08:14:45 pm »

Spoiler: Got bored again (click to show/hide)
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 08, 2013, 10:00:11 pm »

Okay, Pariah has convinced me.  Congratulations Tiruin, Myra is no longer bleeding to death.  She's still faint from bloodloss, though.  That should go away soon unless you get better magically.  Or worse via violence or failure.

Ustrint Lodr

[Pot:6+1]  A massive golden greatsword appears before you and crashes to the ground.  It's easily seven feet long with a wide blade.

WORDS!

You do some WORDS.

[Pot:2+1+1]  A steel largemouth bass appears before you and falls to the ground, flopping around.  Its fins are clear.

Unsurprisingly, willing it to do anything fails.

Shrugging, you spend what remains of your time walking into the cavern.

Jupedem
irros
pumat
colatica Haustiver

Oh me oh my, but there's quite a lot of magic to be done today.

[Pot:5+1]  A burst of octarine energy blasts out in front of you.  Magical.

[Pot:6+1]  What appears to be a jagged scar in the air forms in front of you, then cracks open into a black rift in space.  Out of this rift spew forth several tentacles, grasping, groping, trying to grab on to anything solid.  A massive maw, complete with eleven jagged teeth each having a central eye, gnashes out from the center at you.  All around is the sound of gnashing and moaning.  Just as a tentacle nears your foot, the rift sucks everything in and snaps closed.  Let's hope this next word doesn't connect you to another horrible plane of existence!

[Pot:4+1]  A golden circle forms in the air in front of you, then cracks open to form another rift in reality.  Golden mist pours out, and a warm light shines through.  There is the sound of chanting coming from within.  While it looks peaceful, a steel sword with a gold trim lashes out at you.  The rift shimmers, then the circle snaps shut.

Huh.

[Pot:6+1]  This gets you a massive lump of flesh, about the size of a brown bear.  It pulsates slightly.  A visual inspection shows no unusual elements.

Pat the pony lightly before doing some crazy pmed actions!

You pat the pony.  Its ears twitch.  Your mental command has no effect.  Shrugging, you try magic again.

[Pot:6]  A blast of outward force and a large burst of electricity are the result of your spell.  The resounding thunder spooks your pony, who rears and tries to throw you.

[Str:5]  Good thing you're a rodeo champ or you might have eaten dirt.  As is, you're now riding the pony which has retreated into the spike room and is headed for the opposite door.

Go the the pit bridge, if there is nobody hostile around say Words

There's no one there when you arrive, so you work your magic.

[Pot:5+1]  There's a colorless glow around your head, but it fades away without doing anything.  Hmm- visible, you guess.

[Pot:2+1]  The same thing, though fainter, around your torso.

[Pot:5+1]  As the first time, left arm.

Be ready to dodge any attacks

You channel your inner Neo.

"Woah."

Actions and such!

Disregarding murder some more, you work your magic.

[Pot:2+1]  A steel helmet forms in front of you and plops down.  It'd be great protection if your head was the size of a grapefruit.

[Pot:5+1]  This results in a shimmering image of a massive morningstar.

Quote from: Players
Corsair:  Hale - North side, Grand Room {Right arm broken}
Gamerlord:  Shane - Center, Cavern
Dermonster:  Derm - North Ledge, Grand Room  {Face badly burned} [Steel spear with force-light head] (6)
Piecewise: Bob - West edge, Magma Room  (Body is force and electricity over gold)  {Half Size} (3)
Tiruin:  Myra - South side, Cavern [Holding sheet of rubber, Wand]  {Left arm is gone, feeling faint}
Vakothu:  Somnus - Center of Bridge, Bottomless Pit
DaveTheGrave: Dave - Center, Spike Room  [Riding leathery pony]
Sarzael:  Alish - South Exit, Cavern  (Body is greenish liquid)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:11:00 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh Hell]
« Reply #831 on: August 08, 2013, 10:00:59 pm »

I sense some !!FUN!! happening now.

Also, mastahcheese, nice work.  Looks like I'll have to update the fanart section now.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: August 08, 2013, 10:15:32 pm »

*Looks at inventory* Did I pick up that spear? I swore I put in an action to do that.

*Annoyed grunt*

Actions
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: August 08, 2013, 10:23:12 pm »

Also, mastahcheese, nice work.  Looks like I'll have to update the fanart section now.
Thanks! I'll make more whenever I get bored.

Also, looks like piecewise just found his latest source of !!FUN!!

I lolled at the octarine reference.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: August 08, 2013, 10:47:27 pm »

*Looks at inventory* Did I pick up that spear? I swore I put in an action to do that.

*Annoyed grunt*

Actions

What spear?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: August 08, 2013, 10:48:10 pm »

Duablam Lodr

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: August 08, 2013, 10:51:33 pm »

((I really hate timezones >_>

Yay wasted turns.

Anyway, I've to argue against that point on acid. If it's enough to..cause significant burns or be as corrosive as I guess it is, then it's cauterized from the start.))

"Wighthill.."

Myra looked at the piece of metal in front of her, and sighed. One armed, and very much at a disadvantage..

This was so unfair.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 03:19:51 am by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: August 08, 2013, 10:53:52 pm »

Yay wasted turns.
Timezones are annoying. I never realized that applied to RP-light games like this one, too.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: August 08, 2013, 10:56:05 pm »

Yay wasted turns.
Timezones are annoying. I never realized that applied to RP-light games like this one, too.

Actually I find it is more true with games like this, where turns can be thrown out at more than one a day, on the more RPy RTDs itl typically be at least 24 hours between turns, making timezones LESS of an issue, although not a non issue
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: August 08, 2013, 10:56:27 pm »

*Annoyed grunt*

Actions

What spear?

That steel light force spear I made.

This one. I put in an action to pick it up immediantly after you posted that turn.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 10:58:10 pm by dermonster »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 198