Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376886 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((Peacefully. With you ending me. Yes, that's real peaceful. <__<))
Peacefully means you give me the wand and i go away (Without killing). In my action i included that if you dropped the wand, i would just take it and leave you in peace, and perhaps later on, if i find a way, even help you.
Also, probably attempting to stab or smash somethign made out of a liquid isnt the best idea. I know the word for water, and i can tell you, but doing so in middle of a battle wouldnt be the best idea. Perhaps later if you give me the wand? Its not like you have used it at all (No, saying you use it while casting an spell is not using it, since it isnt activated that way)

Also, take in consideration, you will probably be burnt harder if Toaster fixes my action. Maybe to death. So giving it to me is probably the best thing you can do. Ill search a way to cure you :P
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:11:08 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((That's all metagaming. Something I abhor.

"Oh yes, I'll give this wand to you. Peacefully. After you corroded me and my clothing. The only other thing I have than myself."

Also, let's always assume acid is corrosive and can burn everything it touches, ok? That's a fine definition of acid. >____>

But whatever. Continue. Hopefully this will end out well.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Arg.  I knew someone wanted to overdrive, I even looked back for it, but I couldn't find the damned thing.

However, overdrive increases the STAT, not the BONUS, so even if you did overdrive it wouldn't actually change anything.  Perhaps you should just let me leave it as is?

(I get the feeling I did this wrong that prior turn.  I'd also let that stand as well)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Overdrive whatnow??))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

There are some other actions you can take with specific outcomes.  In general, if it makes sense, you can do it.

Dodge:  Spend a turn dodging incoming attacks instead of attacking back or changing location.  This grants you +1 to dex and speed rolls for the turn.  Does not require initiative roll.

Focus:  Spend a turn preparing to do something, such as lifting something heavy, waiting for an opportunity in combat, making a hard jump, etc.  That's all you do that turn, but you get a +1 (+2 in case of combat initiative) the next turn if you take that action.

If used to focus on casting a spell [improve Potency], it is only good for the first spell you cast the following turn.

Overdrive:  You may spend pool points at a 1:1 ratio to increase one stat for one turn.  You may only do this once every three turns.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((Overdrive whatnow??))
Oh doesnt really matter.
Since i didnt overdrive earlier turn, ill do it now.

Also, do you mean you will give me the wand or what?
You know, i can make you new clothes, and i didnt corrode you at all. Yet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:23:59 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

((The action I did was directed at the steel I just summoned a while ago by the way.

Myra notes that every time she's summoned a single word element (minus the acid arm incident) it's appeared about five feet in front of her, regardless of where she was trying to aim it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Overdrive whatnow??))
Oh doesnt really matter.

((I can rant on acid, as all acids are corrosive, but I'll withhold that due to game mechanics and me berating myself for being a jerk :(

...And yes. If, for some reason, your body cannot corrode the material of the wand, judging by how I stab you with it, and based on whether I'm fast enough. [And cheers to me wondering how you got so close without getting a dodge roll post-fireball casting >_>]

Anyway.

I'm really wondering how you all keep your own discoveries and get the combinations as is, perfectly. But that's another story.

Ty @Toaster. That confirms one suspicion I have.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((Overdrive whatnow??))
Oh doesnt really matter.

((I can rant on acid, as all acids are corrosive, but I'll withhold that due to game mechanics and me berating myself for being a jerk :(

...And yes. If, for some reason, your body cannot corrode the material of the wand, judging by how I stab you with it, and based on whether I'm fast enough. [And cheers to me wondering how you got so close without getting a dodge roll post-fireball casting >_>]

Anyway.

I'm really wondering how you all keep your own discoveries and get the combinations as is, perfectly. But that's another story.

Ty @Toaster. That confirms one suspicion I have.))
This isnt a RP, its an battle arena. If you want to RP, thats fine, but it also gives your opponents an advantage.
Also, i also have an attack ready in case you run away, and its an magic attack, thus chances are i will have advantage at it, considering how my char is phisically weak (I wont get a -1 though thanks to my overdrive)

Also, my acid is less corrosive than normal acid, since its on an nonpure status (Fullbody), thus chances are that if i stop attacking you wont get to much damage from it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((RP isn't that much of an advantage, in the previous Perplexicon game, I was able to sort of RP (I was in-character but no one was consistently RP'ing until later on so my character didn't having much RP interactions with other people) rather peacefully. As long as you figure out the syntax of word combinations, you should have enough deterrence or influence to be safe. Alliances are probably vital if you intend to RP someone more opposed to violence, especially since this is a battle arena.))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:42:26 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((RP isn't that much of an advantage, in the previous Perplexicon game, I was able to sort of RP (I was in-character but no one was consistently RP'ing until later on so my character didn't having much RP interactions with other people) rather peacefully. As long as you figure out the syntax of word combinations, you should have enough deterrence or influence to be safe. Alliances are probably vital if you intend to RP someone more opposed to violence, especially since this is a battle arena.))
In the previous Perplexicon game i didnt see anyone really RPing until the second stage, on which you didnt need to kill players for souls, just NPCs, thus you was safer.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah but near the end people started getting more violent towards each other for some reason so it pretty much began to resemble the old times except with better equipment and alliances.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound

((Yeah but near the end people started getting more violent towards each other for some reason so it pretty much began to resemble the old times except with better equipment and alliances.))
By the end, people was bored and they wanted fun, and since respawn was instant...

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Yeah, so it resembled a battle arena at that point.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile

Don't kill me, I'm giving out words like candy!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 198