Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378009 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1335 on: August 25, 2013, 10:28:36 am »

(Oh yeah, its about to get real!)

Think for a moment before doing some actions!
Eh... I would recommend you not to... hmm... get near cavern... this turn.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

DaveTheGrave

• Bay Watcher
  • Dave The Avatarless, Master of Comebacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: August 25, 2013, 10:37:24 am »

(Well if you mxydia, I should be far enough away, and or heavy enough to stay away.)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1337 on: August 25, 2013, 11:55:02 am »

(Well if you mxydia, I should be far enough away, and or heavy enough to stay away.)
If you look at two turns ago, i casted an spell which affected the whole room, so i dont really need to be close, as it will simply appear right next to you, and your form has some very visible weakness...

Either ways, what about this: Ocil for me, Draco for you, and TCM for whoever kills him first. If you come to the cavern, do it though grand room path, please. Else there are higher chances of me accidentally hitting you with my spell.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: August 25, 2013, 12:00:53 pm »

Sounds like this upcoming turn will be fun to GM.

I will note that even if you weren't wearing armor of solid obsidian, the long way is probably too far to go in one turn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: August 25, 2013, 12:03:41 pm »

Action Time!
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1340 on: August 25, 2013, 12:07:18 pm »

Action Time!
Enjoy your probably last turns. If i dont kill you Dave probably will...

Sounds like this upcoming turn will be fun to GM.

I will note that even if you weren't wearing armor of solid obsidian, the long way is probably too far to go in one turn.
It scares me when the GM says that the turn will be fun...
But my spell isnt really original, i got three pool after all, but i hope it kills someone.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:31:22 pm by Sarzael »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: August 25, 2013, 02:38:07 pm »

"I guess I need the Beobrathael equivalent. Or maybe clockwork.
Words:
"Josionp Pame Cybea Tifesslos."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: August 25, 2013, 02:42:06 pm »

((Posting to watch.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: August 25, 2013, 02:42:14 pm »

"I guess I need the Beobrathael equivalent. Or maybe clockwork.
Words:
"Josionp Pame Cybea Tifesslos."

((I like the idea of all these people being Perplexicon connoisseurs, moving from arena to arena, and "tasting" them all, commenting on the word choice, and so on. Especially if you play the same character in multiple arenas and make references to them.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1344 on: August 25, 2013, 02:44:34 pm »

((Posting to watch.))
You sure you dont want to play? Ya know, one or two free souls around would really help me.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: August 25, 2013, 02:59:18 pm »

Dang it.

Oh well, should be good anyway, Activate my leylines, then breakdance with my axe legs.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: August 25, 2013, 03:19:37 pm »

((Posting to watch.))
You sure you dont want to play? Ya know, one or two free souls around would really help me.
((My soul wouldn't be any more "free" than anyone else's. :P While experimentation is an interesting part of this, I would much rather participate in coordinated problem-solving using this mechanic, rather than a direct deathmatch.))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1347 on: August 25, 2013, 03:27:04 pm »

((Posting to watch.))
((My soul wouldn't be any more "free" than anyone else's. :P While experimentation is an interesting part of this, I would much rather participate in coordinated problem-solving using this mechanic, rather than a direct deathmatch.))
Like Null teached us long, long ago, ´´Half of the magic is the actual preparation``, which you wouldnt have time to accomplish if you get attacked as soon as you spawn.
Currently there are three ´´free`` souls in the arena, Ocil containing two, and TCM containing one. The ploblem is that those two didnt get any way to counter magic, they just got strenght, and, no matter how strong you are, you cant really beat anyone who has powerful enough magic, and half brain (Kinda the opposite of gamerlord, who ran away without even attempting to defend and then got caught in the obvious Dave ambush)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 03:33:29 pm by Sarzael »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: August 25, 2013, 03:38:42 pm »

((What I meant is, mine would be no different from any other waitlister's. You don't get another 'free' soul just because I join - the number of players remains the same.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1349 on: August 25, 2013, 04:07:20 pm »

Also, NO ONE GET NEAR BFEL! HE COULD EXPLODE IN ANY MOMENT! WE DONT KNOW WHAT KIND OF POWERS MAY BE INSIDE THAT LITTLE CLOUD OVER HIS RIGHT SHOULDER! Its not Nodi thus i guess that its activation will take over a turn... Hes literally a walking unpredictable time bomb.

I have an idea for Science (not destructive one).

Considering that Necti seems to delay an spell, would we be able to use it to combine different spells, in case we don't have enough pool?

I mean:

Player has 2 pool. He wants to become a steel man with magma in its interior. He would need three words for that, but he can say: Necti [target own body] in one turn, then Necti [Steel] in other, then Necti [magma] in the other, then activate the thing.

I told it wont work. What would happen is that first the ley lines fail to materialize due to lack of material, then you summon some steel, and finally some magma. Wont work.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 05:15:18 pm by Sarzael »
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 198