Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377952 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Farmville]
« Reply #1470 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:16 pm »

((*rasies hand*))
((You want to be in AMPAK?))

((I'm not in the game, but... *raises hand* :P))
((Are you on the waitlist?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1471 on: August 27, 2013, 03:03:12 pm »

((*rasies hand*))

Not really. And yes, doing this puts you in danger.
Also ill kill you because since it seems im the King of the Pit, ill do what i please, and that includes killing you, hopefully, in a horrible manner.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: August 27, 2013, 03:05:27 pm »

((*rasies hand*))

((But surely even the presence of the people with monopolies put them in danger? I should note that it is possible to just secretly establish it and PM everyone other than the possible hostiles the words used each turn. After all, they'd have to kill everyone else to be absolutely sure no publicly speaking people are active...))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: August 27, 2013, 03:06:54 pm »

((*rasies hand*))

((But surely even the presence of the people with monopolies put them in danger? I should note that it is possible to just secretly establish it and PM everyone other than the possible hostiles the words used each turn. After all, they'd have to kill everyone else to be absolutely sure no publicly speaking people are active...))

Just one bit of bad luck for you, Sarzael, and you will be so dead you'll be dead.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: August 27, 2013, 03:07:20 pm »

((No, I'm not in the game at all. I just agree with the sentiment.

It's actually much better for the game this way. An alliance of weaker mages just needs enough people to shout "propel blackhole" at the overbuffed self-imposed kings-of-the-pit to get positive results.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: August 27, 2013, 03:19:13 pm »

((HOLY SHIT I HAVE INTERNET AGAIN))

So yeah. I am back, if I'm in or nor, just figured I'd let people know in case.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1477 on: August 27, 2013, 03:29:10 pm »

((*rasies hand*))

But, isnt that the point of the game? Killing all you can? Except if they re your allies.

((No, I'm not in the game at all. I just agree with the sentiment.

It's actually much better for the game this way. An alliance of weaker mages just needs enough people to shout "propel blackhole" at the overbuffed self-imposed kings-of-the-pit to get positive results.))
Not really. I know quite a few ways to be safe from blackholes.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:32:50 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: August 27, 2013, 03:38:40 pm »

((*rasies hand*))

But, isnt that the point of the game? Killing all you can? Except if they re your allies.
((Yes, but a certain degree of finesse is required. If you get forced to fight everyone, then survival rates just plummet. No one can realistically fight the majority of players simultaneously. Picking them off one by one, that's easy. But if they're all opening fire on someone, they'll eventually screw up a roll and get killed by the magical firing squad. To indiscriminately kill brings this risk. But it also likely results in a massive blaze of glory.))
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:40:19 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: August 27, 2013, 03:42:32 pm »

Which is my apparent fate since everyone seems to have it out for me.

I'm legitimately worried that I'll only have one or two turns before said 'seven vs one' and I won't be able to do anything.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1480 on: August 27, 2013, 03:47:24 pm »

((*rasies hand*))

((Yes, but a certain degree of finesse is required. If you get forced to fight everyone, then survival rates just plummet. No one can realistically fight the majority of players simultaneously. Picking them off one by one, that's easy. But if they're all opening fire on someone, they'll eventually screw up a roll and get killed by the magical firing squad. To indiscriminately kill brings this risk. But it also likely results in a massive blaze of glory.))
Im not fighting everyone simultaneously, im just fighting 4 people and a magmalion. And so far it didnt go to bad, considering im the only one who isnt hurt?

Which is my apparent fate since everyone seems to have it out for me.

I'm legitimately worried that I'll only have one or two turns before said 'seven vs one' and I won't be able to do anything.
So far only two people have called your death. And we may not even make it up to then.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: August 27, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »

Who is with me?
((Yeah, pretty much exactly the same for me. To be honest, the game right now is getting to the point of becoming boring to watch. Five people in a row shouting "Actions". The beginning was a lot more interesting and fun.

Also, I am really hoping for Sazrael's death right now.

And completely unrelated, but the current fight going on right now reminds me of the "Cursed Tournament" in ER, when 4 people died outside of the tournament, to none actually participating.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1482 on: August 27, 2013, 03:57:38 pm »

Who is with me?
((Yeah, pretty much exactly the same for me. To be honest, the game right now is getting to the point of becoming boring to watch. Five people in a row shouting "Actions". The beginning was a lot more interesting and fun.

And completely unrelated, but the current fight going on right now reminds me of the "Cursed Tournament" in ER, when 4 people died outside of the tournament, to none actually participating.))
I think you will have to wait a bit more for my death, dear. Also, i dont find this boring.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: August 27, 2013, 04:00:39 pm »

Who is with me?

I think you will have to wait a bit more for my death, dear. Also, i dont find this boring.
((Of course you are not. You are the one in the thick of things. But everyone on the sidelines does.

And I'm calling on every player right now to kill this abomination. For Free Press!))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1484 on: August 27, 2013, 04:25:54 pm »

Actually, i will try to find a mid ground: I tell my words next turn if i dont really care about them, and keep them to me else.
Still killing GWG for own reasons, though.

Obdon is cow, and need to find fish word in my PMs.

And i wont deliberately target scientists as victims on battle (may do at random) unless they somehow bother me.

And no one is really in conditions to kill me (This doesnt mean i consider people weak, except maybe a pair, but most wouldnt obtain profit in doing so).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 04:30:45 pm by Sarzael »
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 198