Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378211 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1950 on: September 19, 2013, 07:53:48 am »

((it doesn't, that was a crummy reply that shouldn't have even been posted.
My phone didn't copy my updated reply after losing internet connectivity and posted the initial "how can i disprove this without thinking" thing that i always write but don't post in order to give myself inspiration via methods of "that's retarded, this is how it actually works."
((Ah. That makes sense. Might I suggest typing the "How can I disprove this without thinking?" thing somewhere you won't accidentally post it? Google Docs, perhaps?))
((because that involves opening extra tabs on my phone and it usually works.))

anyways, my real argument was that air doesn't impact the sides as such, it kinda flows along the sides laterally and doesn't really do anything whereas a sword or stone would strike the wall on a more direct angle causing the wall to rupture outwards.

its like the difference skimming a rock along a sheet of ice and throwing it directly at its surface, skimming the ice may cause some slight cracks to form whereas throwing it straight down will create a hole.))
((Why wouldn't the air impact the sides of the wormhole?))
((its not that it doesn't impact it, it is the manner in which it impacts against the wall, specifically the angle of impact.
Its like trying to break a pane of glass by sliding a rock along its surface instead of just throwing it straight into it, sure you will scratch it up a lot but your not gonna punch a hole in it.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:55:33 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:16 am »

The only reason it works is because a little demon makes it work.
((Well, that's no fun to talk about. Besides, the theory doesn't work.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: September 19, 2013, 07:57:40 am »

The only reason it works is because a little demon makes it work.
((Well, that's no fun to talk about. Besides, the theory doesn't work.))
((dammit GWG i liked that little demon.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1953 on: September 19, 2013, 08:17:16 am »

Also guys should we summon Null? Last time to do it someone had to say ´´Zentol Mind`` then Zentol told you some words which created a humanoid. When Toaster reached twenty souls, the humanoid killed himself and from his blood surged the portal that brought Null here, perhaps we should try it here? (Note may not work)

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119572.msg3944406#msg3944406 (Also i would like to know in Perplexicon words how the hell Toaster did that)

Welp i found the pattern.
((What pattern?))
[/quote]
The nonexistant one!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:23:02 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: September 19, 2013, 08:24:27 am »

Also guys should we summon Null? Last time to do it someone had to say ´´Zentol Mind`` then Zentol told you some words which created a humanoid. When Toaster reached twenty souls, the humanoid killed himself and from his blood surged the portal that brought Null here, perhaps we should try it here?

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=119572.msg3944406#msg3944406 (Also i would like to know in Perplexicon words how the hell Toaster did that)

((you and i remember this very differently, in my recollection null was summoned as a plot event when toaster reached twenty souls and vanished in a puff of anticlimax when we migrated to the open world setting.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1955 on: September 19, 2013, 08:26:49 am »

Also guys should we summon Null? Last time to do it someone had to say ´´Zentol Mind`` then Zentol told you some words which created a humanoid. When Toaster reached twenty souls, the humanoid killed himself and from his blood surged the portal that brought Null here, perhaps we should try it here?

((you and i remember this very differently, in my recollection null was summoned as a plot event when toaster reached twenty souls and vanished in a puff of anticlimax when we migrated to the open world setting.))
Ideas was mine so i say We. Plus im still playing.
Also, you should read the post. And go back some posts.
Someone used a word having to do with Zentol and it said ´´He heard a scaldering voice on his mind`` that person later said he had been pmed some phrases, of which they didnt know all the words.
He did the words and it summoned a clawed eldritch humanoid, when Toaster reached 20 souls, the humanoid killed himself and from his blood and heart opened the portal that brought Null, avatar of the Other (The eldritch) to Perplexicon.

Perhaps your memory isnt to good?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:29:41 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: September 19, 2013, 08:28:19 am »

((I recall that that is what piecewise said.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1957 on: September 19, 2013, 08:30:12 am »

You should reread the Null turns. Overall the one i linked.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: September 19, 2013, 08:38:52 am »

You should reread the Null turns. Overall the one i linked.
((nah sarzael is right, sort of. i misread his post and thought he was saying someone actually summoned null directly as a result of the zentol mind spell.

where he was half wrong is that the humanoid was completely irrelevant to nulls summoning and was just a convenient plot anchor for piecewise to use, if the humanoid didn't exist piecewise would have used another less colorful method to spawn him in as null was a preset plot event.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: September 19, 2013, 08:53:41 am »

No one ever actually said those words.  I almost did, but chickened out.  They were Zentol Halthel Concoteael Conthal, if you don't remember, so Other Human Magic Large.

The clawed human came from here, and the words for it are right there.

That spell I used to kill Possibly was just Boost Arcane WhereI'mPointing.  I found WhereI'mPointing early and used the hell out of it.

So yeah, his appearance was plot device.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1960 on: September 19, 2013, 09:21:31 am »

No one ever actually said those words.  I almost did, but chickened out.  They were Zentol Halthel Concoteael Conthal, if you don't remember, so Other Human Magic Large.

The clawed human came from here, and the words for it are right there.

That spell I used to kill Possibly was just Boost Arcane WhereI'mPointing.  I found WhereI'mPointing early and used the hell out of it.

So yeah, his appearance was plot device.
Now someone must do Many Boosted Arcane Whereimpointing. Why one when you can have two? Or three? Or over nine thousand?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: September 19, 2013, 09:27:35 am »

I'd be interested to hear what you think the pattern is.  Turn up soon- or at least I think we have enough.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: September 19, 2013, 09:41:11 am »

((Someone needs to do "many boosted holy humans" whilst another player does "many boosted eldritch humans" from the other side of the room.

Then they should both sit back and watch as everything and everyone between them gets torn to pieces.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: September 19, 2013, 09:49:15 am »

I'd be interested to hear what you think the pattern is.  Turn up soon- or at least I think we have enough.
Quote from: Possibly, Sarzael's Mind
1. I claim to have a pattern.
2. People try to figure out a pattern.
3. ???
Sig

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1964 on: September 19, 2013, 10:03:21 am »

Not publicly :P
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 198