Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378123 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #2040 on: September 21, 2013, 10:28:01 am »

((Fear. He's afraid that derm will kill him when he spawns. Which will definitely happen, since derm is angry at Sar for trying to get him killed. Only difference is, this is certain, and Sar has made sure that derm will accumulate plenty of souls before Sar spawns.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: September 21, 2013, 10:39:39 am »

((Ironically by advocating spawn killing as much as he does hes increasing the risk of me helping Derm spawn kill him even if Derm and i become enemies in the meantime.
Such is my distaste for the practice especially with the re-spawn time in perplexicon games that i would not hesitate to stop mid-fight and help Derm obliterate him if asked even if my allies forbade it.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: September 21, 2013, 10:41:44 am »

((Hell, I would help him kill Sar for all the fear-mongering he is causing))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2043 on: September 21, 2013, 11:58:08 am »

And i would cast an Many Large Blackhole as soon as i spawn and kill half of the people saying about killing me.
Either ways thing goes as follows:
If Derm gets no souls, theres a big chance i will be able to kill him.
For Derm to get souls, he must kill people. What people must he kill? The currently alive. Who are currently alive? You. Well, some of you.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:02:38 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: September 21, 2013, 12:03:24 pm »

((Problem:
To cast it, you need 3 pool, which means that you are left with 6 attribute points. To guarantee the success of the spell, you would need to put the rest in potency, I guess. That would leave you with a penalty in both speed, dexterity, and strength. There are many possible outcomes from this:
1) Someone physically kicks the crap out of you before you do anything.
2) You get exploded by someone.
3) You kill the people in the same room as you, including yourself.

Conclusion: if you keep saying these things, I think that you won't be able to play for more than a few turns))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2045 on: September 21, 2013, 12:14:05 pm »

((Problem:
To cast it, you need 3 pool, which means that you are left with 6 attribute points. To guarantee the success of the spell, you would need to put the rest in potency, I guess. That would leave you with a penalty in both speed, dexterity, and strength. There are many possible outcomes from this:

Conclusion: if you keep saying these things, I think that you won't be able to play for more than a few turns))
And who says i want to play for more than a few turns hm? Im taking a break of serious playing the next game, perhaps the one after it, seeing how currently im on other Perp-Games.
Either ways i am surprised i survived that long in my first round. And i could have last longer, but decided to take a break of the game. Just a thing: I know to regenerate arms :P
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:16:19 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: September 21, 2013, 12:19:21 pm »

((Well, I don't like to judge people, so I will end this here. Just remember that games are played for fun, and that some kind of attitudes take some fun away from them))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: September 21, 2013, 01:17:20 pm »

Sarzael:  Did you re-waitlist?  I don't have you down.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: September 21, 2013, 01:20:06 pm »

(Shhhh)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: September 21, 2013, 01:33:44 pm »

((I just find hilarious how we ended up doing this))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: September 21, 2013, 01:38:35 pm »

((I would, as well, if I wasn't in the middle of SCIENCE! or something at the time of course.))

((Problem:

And who says i want to play for more than a few turns hm? Im taking a break of serious playing the next game, perhaps the one after it, seeing how currently im on other Perp-Games.
Either ways i am surprised i survived that long in my first round. And i could have last longer, but decided to take a break of the game. Just a thing: I know to regenerate arms :P
((Let me summarize what I am reading: "I don't really care how long I get to play, so I'm going to try out trolling the arena when I get in. Trolling...with black holes!"
Oh, and how do you regenerate arms?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2051 on: September 21, 2013, 01:42:45 pm »

((I would, as well, if I wasn't in the middle of SCIENCE! or something at the time of course.))

((Problem:

((Let me summarize what I am reading: "I don't really care how long I get to play, so I'm going to try out trolling the arena when I get in. Trolling...with black holes!"
Oh, and how do you regenerate arms?))
Via words there are two ways: Repair Full Body (Or repair arms would also work) or the same way you grew wings back in Perplexicon but with arms, if my guesses are right.
Via will you would need Flesh, Bone and Blood control to totally repair an arm. Flesh and Blood, being organic, could be regenerated, but perhaps you would need to cast some bones beforehand.

Currently i am playing in another Perplike game, so im getting in mainly to try have revenge agaisnt some people. The kill Derm is mostly a tip.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 02:58:25 pm by Sarzael »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: September 21, 2013, 06:20:32 pm »

A tip which you are paying people to do...

Oh, and bone is organic. It's certainly more alive than blood.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: September 21, 2013, 09:38:53 pm »

THE TIME HAS COME.

Yes, same character.

"Oooooh I'm not making THAT mistake again!

Beholdeth!

You run toward the magma room, but don't quite make it before you stop to catch your breath.  You work some magic while you wait.

[Pot:6]  Magical ley lines surround your body and burst into energy.  You morph into a shifting mass of energies, with magical energy, light, darkness, and a shimmering force all flowing across your body.  They don't move in any pattern you can detect.

PMed stats and actions!

((I'm not better prepared to use it at all, just came up with a method to partially overcome the uncertainty of the dice. And got lucky, really lucky))

You walk past Derm on the way to the door leading from the cavern to the Grand Room and lay down some magic.

[Pot:1+2]  Aww, what a cute steel kitten!

It totally fails to block the doorway.

Okay then, Carlos leaves his suspended animation. (computer trouble, sorry)
Arms and armor...
  Carlos puts on the helmet and first says Jupedem Ofactidio Pioncale, and then Jupedem Jigenc
  He also tries to activate the helmet. Is any of the spell that created it intact?

(All good)

You slap the helmet on.   Head protection++

As far as you can tell, the helmet doesn't do anything fancy other than that kickback around the rim.

[Pot:1]
[End:5]

The magic backfires, turning your left pinky into inert iron and your right pinky into arcane force, which promptly blows off your right ring finger.  Ow.

You're too distracted to cast the second spell.

note to self: do not discover the word large/enhance whilst using melee range spells.

Do stuff and add stats.

"Who knew that blowing spells up in my face was a bad thing?"

The ledge is fifteen feet up, so dropping is probably a bad idea.

[Str:3]  HRRRRR, whew this is hard.  You don't make any progress getting up, but you're not any worse off.

Magical Experimentation

Maaaaaaaagic.

[Pot:4]  You get a chunk of ice.  It's normal ice, as far as you can tell.

[Pot:2]  A bit of slime dribbles on the ice.  Ick.

"Well then! I am clean at least! Now...I have nothing better to do, so let us do rapid-fire SCIENCE!
"Ebut! Oyestmesit! Alcarb! Benoussrew! Reoxidinn! Fangshm!"

Time for mass magic!

[Pot:4]  A shimmering image appears of a large scaly intelligent looking beast.

[Pot:4]  Another shimmering image, this of an ugly muscular humanoid.

[Pot:2]  Nothing happens, as far as you can tell.

[Pot:5]  This shimmering image is unquestionably a bear.  Bear bear bear.

[Pot:2]  Nothing happens.

BZZZT five spell limit a turn.  Forgot that, sorry.  (I didn't roll the last one, if it's not sufficiently obvious.)

BTW TOASTER! TURN THANGS!

Oh yeah, shake your turn thang baby!

You poke the big log with your arcane finger.  It arcane blows a hole in it.  Huh.

[Pot:1+1]  You get a stick.  Woo, stick.

[Pot:3+1]  This gives you a large wooden board.  It's shooting out strange magical energies.  Not arcane like you, but just some sort of magic light show.

You deactivate the form and pick up the stick.  Yep, it's a stick.  You put it back down.

You're not sure if you should pick up that board.  You activate your form, just in case.

The north wall of the Grand Room starts shaking, then bits of sand and stone fall inward as a pickaxe blade suddenly juts through.  The hole is quickly widened, and a small figure strides in, as the wall is patched up behind him.  The figure is short yet broad, and quite imposing.  He is clad in solid -steel armor- from the neck down.  His head is covered by a =steel helmet, inlaid with crystal=.  He holds a *steel hammerpick*, which looks as if it could easily kill you with either the hammer or pick end.  At his side is a ☼shimmering silvery steel shield☼.  Around his shoulder is a rough-looking Xcloth bagX.  Finally, strapped to his back is a ☼steel battleaxe☼, whose head appears to be glowing magma.

His extremely thick and busy beard trails to the ground, and his face is so hairy that the only flesh you see is his nose.

He sniffs the air and looks around searchingly.

Urist Lamkalallibash has arrived!

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - Hanging on East ledge, Grand Room (2 Pool, Body is arcane) (4)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - West side, Spike Room (6 Pool, Body is steel) {Right arm is gone}
The Ensorceler:  Carlos - Southeast side, Grand Room (3 Pool)  {Left pinky is nonliving iron, last two fingers of right hand are blown off}
Tomcost: Jabon - East Exit, Cavern (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North side, Cavern (3 Pool)
Dermonster: Derm - South Side, Cavern (5 Pool)
Scapheap: Clair - East side, Spike Room (3 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - North edge, Grand Room
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2054 on: September 21, 2013, 09:42:05 pm »

Wat.

"Well... that was loud. Gotta get ready, and fast..."

Beholdeth!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 198