Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377990 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2130 on: September 23, 2013, 01:24:09 pm »

I could become indestructible with 6 Words...

I bet you can't.
Not indestructible but very hard to destroy, atleast.
Whole-Body Fast Agile Arcane-Energy Dispel/Drain/Absorb Magic.

Horray for being Arcane Energy with a bonus to speed and dexterity and magic resistance. Remember Null Sword? Now apply it to the whole body, with bonus to dexterity and speed. Endurance and Strenght are not that neccesary being Arcane, since what i touch explodes without strenght rolls.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:27:45 pm by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: September 23, 2013, 01:28:13 pm »

I bet you can't.

Horray for being Arcane Energy with a bonus to speed and dexterity and magic resistance.
One spell: black hole.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2132 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »

I bet you can't.

Horray for being Arcane Energy with a bonus to speed and dexterity and magic resistance.
Dispel Magic, remember? The blackhole would shut down, if it works as i think. Just look at Null Sword. Any magic, wether it be a fireball, or a arcane beam dissapeared in contact with it. So unless an army of people decides to jump at me until all my arcane energies goes off it would be kinda hard to hurt me.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: September 23, 2013, 01:32:56 pm »

Then it would depend on if the black hole is a magic phenomenon, or if it is a physical phenomenon. Still, we could just shoot lava at you until your arcane energy fades away.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2134 on: September 23, 2013, 01:54:37 pm »

Then it would depend on if the black hole is a magic phenomenon, or if it is a physical phenomenon. Still, we could just shoot lava at you until your arcane energy fades away.
Since Dispel isnt known yet in here ill say what would happen in Perplexicon:
The only case I know of, is Null Sword. It negated fireballs, even though they re fire, they were made by magic, which makes me suspect, and Piecewise confirmed it, magic immunity dispels incoming magic attacks, so they just dissapear.
The weakness would be Marks, if you say Nearbiest Person Whole body hair, its current form would break and he would become, well, hairy man.
The other weakness, not confirmed, would be using enviroment non-magic materials and throw them via strong or will.
Dexterity helps avoiding, and speed may make you able to explode them or something before they react.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: September 23, 2013, 02:20:54 pm »

I'm not saying that it is not a good plan, just that it is not perfect, like the blackhole plan.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2136 on: September 23, 2013, 02:26:21 pm »

I'm not saying that it is not a good plan, just that it is not perfect, like the blackhole plan.
Blackhole plan? Either ways i think i may have the way to form a stable (Non dissapearing) blackhole and maximize his potential making it dangerous for enemies but safe for yourself.
Ploblem: For it to be of any use you need circles. WHAT A SURPRISE.

Is fun how circles were barely used in Perplexicon except by a few and now most of the good ideas i have need them. Except unlimited creatures control and a few more all need them.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: September 23, 2013, 02:35:10 pm »

I bet you can't.

Horray for being Arcane Energy with a bonus to speed and dexterity and magic resistance. Remember Null Sword? Now apply it to the whole body, with bonus to dexterity and speed. Endurance and Strenght are not that neccesary being Arcane, since what i touch explodes without strenght rolls.
Easy. Cave-in.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 02:37:52 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2138 on: September 23, 2013, 02:45:30 pm »

I bet you can't.

Easy. Cave-in.
And being agile and fast absolutely doesnt help that. Overall considering you can overdrive 6 channeling or cast magic yourself.  You start with nine points. 6 To channeling three to speed. +1 Speed. After form +2 speed +1 dext. Overdrive 6 channeling to speed (+4 Rolls) and its very probable by the time they realized you move their head isnt there anymore.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: September 23, 2013, 02:48:15 pm »

I don't think you'd get a speed roll at that point, just an endurance one.
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: September 23, 2013, 02:52:27 pm »

Losing all your pool to get a guaranteed success to a single roll (well, mostly guaranteed) is a pretty silly strategy, considering that you have a -1 to strength, -1 to endurance and a net 0 for dexterity (which you just so happen to use for dodging) to back it up, not to mention a -1 to potency if you for some reason would like to use your magic in combat.

Also, giant puddle of mercury. An arcane energy person's worst enemy.

Also, roll a 6+4 on speed. Run into wall. Explode amusingly. Have fun rolling for endurance.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2141 on: September 23, 2013, 03:02:00 pm »

Losing all your pool to get a guaranteed success to a single roll (well, mostly guaranteed) is a pretty silly strategy, considering that you have a -1 to strength, -1 to endurance and a net 0 for dexterity (which you just so happen to use for dodging) to back it up, not to mention a -1 to potency if you for some reason would like to use your magic in combat.

Also, giant puddle of mercury. An arcane energy person's worst enemy.

Also, roll a 6+4 on speed. Run into wall. Explode amusingly. Have fun rolling for endurance.

You dont seem to realize most of what i have been speaking of.
First, agile and speedy words increase the points by +3, giving a +1 to rolls. You dont do strenght rolls when being arcane energy if you use your body as weapon, since it just explodes everything. And unless that giant puddle of mercury is natural it will simply dissapear when you get nearby due to Dispel Magic. You can start with 6 Points on channeling and three on some other stats you think you will need, personally i would take speed or dext.

Thearpox: +2 to Endurance is also nice. And you can get a speed roll to kill the person who would cause the cavein before he actually does it.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: September 23, 2013, 03:06:39 pm »

Any chance you lot can take this somewhere else? Reading pages of posts that boil down to "Nuh uh" and "Uh huh!" isn't particularly entertaining for, well, anyone.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2143 on: September 23, 2013, 03:24:01 pm »

Any chance you lot can take this somewhere else? Reading pages of posts that boil down to "Nuh uh" and "Uh huh!" isn't particularly entertaining for, well, anyone.
The idea was to take this to Perpublicon, but seeing how i was the last dude to post there and i dont want to double post :P and also, that you cant understand the beauty of such a debate is not my ploblem. Who knows, perhaps it could save your life someday to know the weakness of some of those spells.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: September 23, 2013, 03:28:41 pm »

"Bwa ha ha! I am now invulnerable to all kinds of attacks! Wait, what's happening to my body?"
And that is how Sarzael absorbed himself to death.
Or we could throw big objects at you and watch the massive explosions tear you apart--being able to generate explosions with a touch does not mean that you are immune to explosions.
Or we could just encase you in something like a repulsive-energy-steel cage. Who cares if you're alive, if you can't do anything?
Or we could find a nonmagical, nonmaterial attack. Or, depending on how the Dispel Magic Body spell works, we might just be able to take control of your mind or body and go from there.

Dispel Magic, remember? The blackhole would shut down, if it works as i think. Just look at Null Sword. Any magic, wether it be a fireball, or a arcane beam dissapeared in contact with it. So unless an army of people decides to jump at me until all my arcane energies goes off it would be kinda hard to hurt me.
[/quote]
Assuming that the black hole/attractive force/whatever attracts with not magic, and doesn't use magic to generate the attractive force (and that Myxidia isn't just a wormhole to a vacuum which draws you in via suction or something like that), you would also need to be completely immune to magic instead of just being able to "turn off" the magic. Oh, and you need to survive.
In short, that requires a number of assumptions to be true.

Blackhole plan? Either ways i think i may have the way to form a stable (Non dissapearing) blackhole and maximize his potential making it dangerous for enemies but safe for yourself.
I doubt it.

I don't think you'd get a speed roll at that point, just an endurance one.
Yeah, you ca't exactly dodge the ceiling.

-snip-
You dont seem to realize most of what i have been speaking of.
Just like you don't seem to realize much of ours!

And unless that giant puddle of mercury is natural it will simply dissapear when you get nearby due to Dispel Magic.
Once you summon something, it has ontological inertia. And wouldn't the quicksilver reflect the dispelling magic?

You can start with 6 Points on channeling and three on some other stats you think you will need, personally i would take speed or dext.
Congratulations! You now have -1 to the rolls stopping you from dying when you get hit!

Thearpox: +2 to Endurance is also nice. And you can get a speed roll to kill the person who would cause the cavein before he actually does it.
Where would you get the +2 to End?
And you know that caveins can be done by surprise or from far away, right? We've got a dwarf--give him five rocks and a good payment, and we'll have a cave-in trap before you can say...well, the full name of titin, certainly.

But I like pointing out that Sarzael lied!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 198