Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378079 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2115 on: September 23, 2013, 09:11:56 am »

((Here's hoping I don't botch the Dex roll and accidentally hit the dwarf. or science man))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 23, 2013, 09:23:21 am »

((Don't worry, you won't))
Spoiler: To dissapoint GWG (click to show/hide)
...Dammit derm headaches. Editing action.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: September 23, 2013, 09:44:12 am »

((Make sure to include "dodge flying goblins"

I just hope i used the right words and im not gonna fire a shrapnel blast made of little iron goblin figurines.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2118 on: September 23, 2013, 09:52:19 am »

((And it would be boring then. The chaos that will come will be way funnier than just killing everyone. Because, well, maybe with enough potency I could make a black hole that destroys even the arena, but that wouldn't be fun))
My one is way more epic than a blackhole. Literally, a Arcane-Energy laser that covers most of the arena.

However my theory could be used easier for defensive systems and orbital strikes that can be fired from many angles.

Also, i was gonna post this in Perpublicon but since the last post in there is already mine, i guess i will post it here. (This is my semi-randomtime public spell concept)

Magic Pool Batteries: Small Golden Knife Inject Magic. Basically a small knife which you use to make a small wound on yourself, then it injects some magic onto your body, regenerating your pool.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: September 23, 2013, 09:54:36 am »

Magic Pool Batteries: Small Golden Knife Inject Magic. Basically a small knife which you use to make a small wound on yourself, then it injects some magic onto your body, regenerating your pool.
This will make you explode, not regenerate magic.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2120 on: September 23, 2013, 09:57:53 am »

This will make you explode, not regenerate magic.
No, the word we know and GreatWyrmGold though magic isnt magic, its arcane energy (Perhaps they were fused in PoM?). Magic its a word which when used alone causes random effects, when used in summonings caused them to be able to cast magic, and when used in forms it either burns you real bad or gives you true spellcasting power (Extra potency and the ability to harm your own body for extra channeling). It can also be used to make things like the one i said if you re original enough.

Just in consideration, this may not be the case for Pit of Magic. I was gonna post this on Perpublicon, but that post gets less attention and i already had a post there and didnt want to double post, so i posted it there, the concept is based on Perplexicon magic.

You wouldnt explode, but perhaps it would burn. Would need testing, is just a concept.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: September 23, 2013, 10:00:19 am »

((Well, as this is a different game, I don't want to think in Perplexicon terms. And, considering how the aliens are able to cast magic, the word has already been discovered, or you don't need it to make a humanoid cast magic.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2122 on: September 23, 2013, 10:02:07 am »

((Well, as this is a different game, I don't want to think in Perplexicon terms. And, considering how the aliens are able to cast magic, the word has already been discovered, or you don't need it to make a humanoid cast magic.))
BigFoot discovered the true Magic word, or apparently seems so considering last turn he summoned a wooden table imbued in MAGIC (Not Octarine), and he also summoned the Replicators.
And as i said, im actually speaking on Perplexicon concepts for this kind of spells. Many of the concepts of Perplexicon work similar in here though, so some should work.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: September 23, 2013, 10:37:17 am »

I know an spell that would kill every single person except you in a turn (Not counting turns for preparation)... Ploblem: It needs around 30 channeling... And circles.
((You truly are a master of the hypothetical. If I had more than thirty points to toss around, and I didn't get them incrementally but all at once, (which would mean I wouldn't need to balance out my stats,) I would be able to destroy the entire arena with my bare ass. That's not exactly an achievement, sweeping death lasers or not.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: September 23, 2013, 11:13:12 am »

I xould destroy the arena with 10 pool or less if i was so inclined, hell tomcost could destroy the arena a few turns from now if he put some thought in and if he magicked himself up right.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: September 23, 2013, 11:25:45 am »

((But I don't want to do so. I'm just screwing around, while creating dragons with the potential to end my life))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2126 on: September 23, 2013, 12:18:21 pm »

I could become indestructible with 6 Words...

Either ways, while those wouldnt be useful in a close arena (And many not even possible due to lack of circles), they would have been a hell lot of power in Perp Open World, being able to make stuff such as a shield that reflects pretty much anything at cost of magic, a sword that kills with a mere scratch most of the things, impossible to avoid orbital strikes of arcane energy doom, controlling creatures exceeding your will cap, praying to more than one god at same time safely, i had concepts for all of those things with may have worked. Some of them may even work here, such as controlling living things over your will limit and orbital strikes to a degree, only ploblem is that the roof isnt so high in this one.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: September 23, 2013, 01:11:03 pm »

I bet you can't.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: September 23, 2013, 01:14:58 pm »

I bet you can't.
I will second the bet and if required provide matching funds knowledge.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 198