Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378056 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2160 on: September 24, 2013, 09:47:44 am »

((cheers))

((im hoping the orc will last a while and id rather not summon a flaming skeletal elephant without firing it across the room, preferably without him seeing me summon it.

if he catches on that i summoned the orc he might turn on me and im somewhat concerned about his shimmering shield.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: September 24, 2013, 09:52:48 am »

((Good point))

((Now that I think about it, darkness had some kind of weakening quality. Would light help to heal? Hmm, I may do some science on Vakothu's character if he agrees))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: September 24, 2013, 09:57:04 am »

((Theory confirmed, hell yes!
((Which theory?))

"My power returns! But there is another villain accosting the innocent dwarf! I must stop this posthaste!"

"Pioncale Aion! Anneel Myxidia Sauma Enur!"

Turn towards and point at either the iron orc or Carlos (whichever is farther from me, the dwarf, and other innocents at the time) when saying that second spell.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: September 24, 2013, 10:00:59 am »

((One that relates to how arcane energy works and its dangerousness to other materials))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2164 on: September 24, 2013, 10:01:49 am »

((Good point))

((Now that I think about it, darkness had some kind of weakening quality. Would light help to heal? Hmm, I may do some science on Vakothu's character if he agrees))
Light Burns, doesnt heal. BURNS.

If you want to heal you should have got will... And find the control word. And make an Bone Blood Flesh control item. Or find the Repair word and the Nearbiest Person/Who Im thinking of/Who im pointing at and say *Repair Targeting word Whole Body*.

((One that relates to how arcane energy works and its dangerousness to other materials))
What arcane energy you speak about? All i have seen is you being intangible. I also was for a while, how else would i have exploded draco head?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: September 24, 2013, 10:05:04 am »

grab the sword and enact plans for dwarf recruitment.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: September 24, 2013, 10:10:59 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:31 am »

If you want to heal you should have got will... And find the control word. And make an Bone Blood Flesh control item. Or find the Repair word and the Nearbiest Person/Who Im thinking of/Who im pointing at and say *Repair Targeting word Whole Body*.
((I'd go with the first one; it's a much better panacea.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: September 24, 2013, 11:14:44 am »

((Let's say what we know about arcane energy IN THIS GAME:
-It explodes in contact with everything, excluding air and the floor of the arena.
-It is consumed while doing so.

It seems that works a bit like anti-matter, destroying itself when it comes in contact with every kind of matter, and releasing energy (in the form of explosions). Air and the material that makes the floor are the exception, for plot reasons. Considering that there is no word for "floor material", air is the only available arcane-safe material))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: September 24, 2013, 11:20:46 am »

((im not sure we can really make that second assumption as only one person has been affected in that manner, it could be a side effect of his hybrid body.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: September 24, 2013, 11:22:49 am »

((Well, the energy eventually dissipates upon collision, right? Anyway, that part is not fundamental to my theory of what does it affect))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: September 24, 2013, 11:45:34 am »

((If it's antimatter-like, it's absurdly inefficient...unless it's absorbing the energy contained in the matter to charge a sort of cosmic battery that powers magic?))
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: September 24, 2013, 11:52:59 am »

((It's just anti-matter-like regarding how it releases energy upon colliding with any kind of matter that hasn't got plot armor))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2173 on: September 24, 2013, 12:12:48 pm »

((If it's antimatter-like, it's absurdly inefficient...unless it's absorbing the energy contained in the matter to charge a sort of cosmic battery that powers magic?))
Its not Magic, its Arcane Energy. They re different materials unless Toaster fused them onto one, which seems unlikely. Bigfoot has the answers for this if hes willing to share, considering the word for Magic is the one used to allow creatures use spells and he made the replicator menace.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: September 24, 2013, 12:16:22 pm »

Its not Magic, its Arcane Energy. They re different materials unless Toaster fused them onto one, which seems unlikely. Bigfoot has the answers for this if hes willing to share, considering the word for Magic is the one used to allow creatures use spells and he made the replicator menace.
((It's not a replicator menace, as the original alien has a pool of 2, which is not enogh to make another magic plastic alien, just plain boring plastic aliens.))
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 198