Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376870 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2190 on: September 25, 2013, 08:31:06 am »

Well, i dont think this specific algorithm changed, so all what you would need to make them grow from you would be (Material) Wings Torso. (And no, this wouldnt convert your torso into wings, Torso (Material) Wings would do that, the order of words is important! :P).
((I'll test that theory when I get a chance to regrow my arm.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2191 on: September 25, 2013, 08:33:08 am »

Well, i dont think this specific algorithm changed, so all what you would need to make them grow from you would be (Material) Wings Torso. (And no, this wouldnt convert your torso into wings, Torso (Material) Wings would do that, the order of words is important! :P).
((I'll test that theory when I get a chance to regrow my arm.))
Well, if that does work to grow wings, it should also work to regrow arms. Try (Material) (Arm that you re lacking) (Upper body/Torso/Head/Leg/Whatever site you want to grow it from)
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: September 25, 2013, 01:35:39 pm »

With a sound like a fart in reverse, a portal appears and sucks away Carlos before anyone else can touch him.  He flies backwards, perhaps into some list where he will have to wait.

"My power returns! But there is another villain accosting the innocent dwarf! I must stop this posthaste!"

"Pioncale Aion! Anneel Myxidia Sauma Enur!"

Turn towards and point at either the iron orc or Carlos (whichever is farther from me, the dwarf, and other innocents at the time) when saying that second spell.
grab the sword and enact plans for dwarf recruitment.
Move to the spike room, say words.

[Science Spd:2-1]
[Outcast Spd:5]
[Jabon Spd:6+1]
[Urist Spd:6+1]
[Orc Spd:1]

The dwarf, confused by one of his targets vanishing, looks around again.  He looks around and settles back on the orc.  Jabon takes his distraction as a chance to run out of the Grand Room.

[Urist Dex:1+1]
[Orc Dex:1]

[Urist Str:1+2]
[Orc End:1]  //Four ones in a row

The dwarf's axe stroke isn't impressive, but it catches in the orc's right knee, crippling the leg.  The orc drops to a crouch, howling in pain.

Outcast Wizard, meanwhile, grabs the sword that Jabon summoned and closes in on the orc.  Looks like a good time to strike since the dwarf mangled his knee.

[Outcast Dex:4+1]
[Orc Dex:5-2]

He grabs the orc's left wrist, which promptly explodes his whole hand off.  The orc screams again.

Science Man, meanwhile, says his words.

[Science Pot:2]  They fail.

Carlos is kind of gone, so Science Man shrugs and faces the orc.

[Science Pot:5]  A set of bolas appear in the air in front of him.  They are strange looking, with one head clear and shimmering and the other a point of darkness.  They shoot straight forward at the orc... but the others are right there too.

[Science Dex:2]

They miss everyone and hit the wall, where the dark head activates, drawing the rest of the bolas in and pulling on everyone nearby.

[Orc Str:4]
[Urist Str:2+2]
[Outcast Str:6]

Everyone hunkers down and withstands the pull until the point closes with a crack.

The orc, hurt as he is, still goes for the dwarf.

[Orc Dex:1-2]

He falls flat on his face, and the dwarf takes a chance for a counterstrike.

[Urist Dex:1+1]
[Orc Dex:3-2]

[Urist Str:1+2]
[Orc End:3]

The blow clangs off the back of the orc's head, leaving another small gash.

--

Meanwhile, Jabon, making it to the spike room, says his own words.

[Pot:3+2]  A grey fog forms and settles in to Jabon's right shoulder.

More stuffs!

You put on the armor and helmet.  It's a bit tricky- it's like they're bouncing away from you- but you get them on.

[Pot:2]  You get a tiny mishmash of elements.  Nope.

((I'm not going to try to do anything about that hand yet.))
Do Magic Things.

Grumble, damn magic.

[Pot:3]  A lump of silvery metal a bit bigger than your fist forms and falls to the ground.  Your right hand flies forward and sticks to it.  You try to pull it away, but the metal sticks to it like... a magnet.  It's also a lot heavier than it has any business being.

Shit.

Also, the loud clang attracts the attention of that dragon someone summoned.  You knew it was in the same room as you, right?

The dragon, who had been looking at the door out trying to figure out a way through, now looks at you.

TURN THINGAMAGICS

Wand Get!

[Pot:5+1]  A large chunk of obsidian appears, supported by two smaller obsidian pillars.  You're about to reach out and test with it when the pillars start moving, and the obsidian chunk walks off.  It gets about ten feet and steps into the pit.

Welp.

[Pot:3+1]  A chunk of obsidian, a bit bigger than a watermelon, appears.  Right over your head.

[Dex:6]  You easily sidestep it... oh wait, ledge!

[Dex:5]  You regain your balance and don't fall over.  Whew.

[Pot:3+1]  Another chunk of obsidian, this one in the usual spot in front of you.  It's about the same size as the former one.

Testing out as you had been, you notice that the second chunk appears to be pushing away the first one.  Hmm.  You pit both chunks.

Then he says gibberish words while waving book around, vaguely pointing in the direction of the moose

You talk to the moose.  It ignores you.

[Pot:2]  This gets you a bit of wood and a bit of... foam?  Hmm.

Eo the Boomeratior bursts into being on the west side of the Spike Room.  He grins like a madman at everyone he sees.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  North edge, Grand Room (2/3 Pool, Body is arcane) [Arcane greatsword] (4)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
GreatWyrmGold: Science Man - Center, Grand Room (1/6 Pool, Body is steel) {Right arm is gone}
Eotyrannus: Eo the Boomeratior - West side, Spike Room (2 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon - East side, Spike Room (1/4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - North side, Cavern (3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (stuck to heavy magnet)}
Dermonster: Derm - South Side, Cavern (5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet, Force Platemail]
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - East side, Spike Room (2 Pool)

Urist Lamkalallibash - North edge, Grand Room

I'm about to need a better system to keep track of all the junk you people summon.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 03:41:00 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: September 25, 2013, 01:42:45 pm »

That could have been much worse! Also much more interesting.

What system are you using now?

"Begone, foul beast! Stand back, citizens, this could get dangerous!"

Charge the orc!

"Noyaniumma!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: September 25, 2013, 01:44:13 pm »

"Hrm."

Once more into the breech!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: September 25, 2013, 01:57:04 pm »

EDIT: Taking a bit more time so I don't turn my arm into a whip or something.

Stats please! I'll shove them in my notes which I forgot to make.

EDIT 2: Found it! You guys go post something so I can do something. I HAVE A PLAN-wait no that would fail. Dangit.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:46:41 pm by Eotyrannus »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: September 25, 2013, 02:46:53 pm »

GWG:  Memory, except for Urist.

Stats please!

Eotyrannus
Name: Eo the Boomeratior
Appearence: A guy with poofy black hair, brown eyes, tall stature, brown jeans, a long brown trenchcoat and a permanent insane grin.
Stats:
Strength: 0
Dexterity: 0
Speed: 3
Endurance: 3
Potency: 0
Will: 1
Channelling: 2
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Eotyrannus

• Bay Watcher
  • Here to throw dinosaurs at people
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: September 25, 2013, 02:52:46 pm »

Hooray!

Eo walks into the Grand Room.

"Oh look everyone's dying how nice let's help out killing the orc!" With a flourish and a point of the finger, he closes the distance with his speed, and shouts (with a point of the finger):

"Ustrint Enur!"

He has no idea why he shouted those words, but he has the feeling it will send an angry lump of metal flying past the crowd and straight into the iron Orc's face. "Hehe, iron orc. I wonder if you could smelc it heheee!"

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: September 25, 2013, 02:57:12 pm »

((Considering how I wasn't at combat in this turn, shouldn't I have full pool))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: September 25, 2013, 02:59:18 pm »

You had to dodge out of it, so no.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2200 on: September 25, 2013, 03:01:22 pm »

((Running means dodging? I never was on that combat. Oh well, I think I will have to deal with that.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: September 25, 2013, 03:11:34 pm »

Well, run out, dodge out, whatever you want to call it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: September 25, 2013, 03:19:04 pm »

((Bigfoot, you may want to get near me this turn, because things may go south at the end of my turn))

Stand at the entrance to the bottomless pit looking at the door that leads to the magma room

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2203 on: September 25, 2013, 03:39:39 pm »

Just get out of that bridge before you fall Foot :P
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: September 25, 2013, 04:42:59 pm »

GWG:  Memory, except for Urist.
...I'd make a suggestion if I wasn't afraid you'd think I was being patronizing or something.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 198