Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378157 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Urist Lamkalallibash]
« Reply #2295 on: October 02, 2013, 09:57:27 am »

Curse your sudden but inevitable demise!

Spoiler: Combat Girl (click to show/hide)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 02, 2013, 10:04:44 am »

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Ftfy

Edit:is it bad that this caused me to get out of bed at 20 to 1 in the moring to search for my toy dinosaurs and actually become dissapointed upon discovering they had been moved?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:11:37 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:46 am »

A couple hints:  Remember that you're basically making a sentence with magical words.  If you make a phrase with words that simply makes no sense, a part of the spell may "burn off" and take no effect.  If something is directly contradictory, one of the contradicting parts will take effect and the other is ignored.  If you get a poor roll, you may not get all the cool effects that a success would have given you.  With the "concept" words, be creative and you may get something sweet.
Oh this nearly HAS to be with how I've been wasting my turns.. *groan*

"Stuff it."
*groan*
"Crazy-time science is more fun anyway."
Bigf01t looks up, and sees Tomcost experimenting away.
And realizes he's been talking to himself the entire time.
"Hi. Science?"

((Turn + Submit = More fun.))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 02, 2013, 10:16:01 am »

Overcharge my speed with my two current pool and try do dash past Derm before he has a chance to do anything.  Hope that the dragon sees him as a bigger threat.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 10:18:15 am by Vakothu »

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 02, 2013, 10:22:26 am »

Overcharge my speed with my two current pool and try do dash past Derm before he has a chance to do anything.  Hope that the dragon sees him as a bigger threat.
You just keep on coming up with clever ideas don't you? ;D

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: October 02, 2013, 10:28:21 am »

Once enough words are known, this becomes more a game of creativity and prediction than one of systematic investigation.
vakothu is doing well, but keep in mind, this is Derm we're talking about here. I'd wait a bit before handing out any congratulations.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 02, 2013, 10:56:08 am »

Once enough words are known, this becomes more a game of creativity and prediction than one of systematic investigation.
vakothu is doing well, but keep in mind, this is Derm we're talking about here. I'd wait a bit before handing out any congratulations.
Good point.
(I'll wait)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: October 02, 2013, 10:56:55 am »

((So we are completely discounting the possibility that Derm is gonna be the hero in a force armor, and challenge the dragon? A pity.

Also, I agree that vakothu is creative, but I really don't see what's so unusual about it to congratulate it so much. Really, especially on this level (how to not die to Derm, how to run away when you've got an arm with a magnet stuck to it, etc), it should sort of be the norm. Or maybe I'm just setting my standards too high.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2304 on: October 02, 2013, 11:47:12 am »

((So we are completely discounting the possibility that Derm is gonna be the hero in a force armor, and challenge the dragon? A pity.

Also, I agree that vakothu is creative, but I really don't see what's so unusual about it to congratulate it so much. Really, especially on this level (how to not die to Derm, how to run away when you've got an arm with a magnet stuck to it, etc), it should sort of be the norm. Or maybe I'm just setting my standards too high.))
Its more probable that Derm is the evil warlord who manages to enslave the dragon and then uses it to seed pain and fear around the world(Arena).
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: October 02, 2013, 12:28:19 pm »

Its more probable that Derm is the evil warlord who manages to enslave the dragon and then uses it to seed pain and fear around the world(Arena).
Its most probable derm ignores it till it notices him and then conducts science in a different room.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2306 on: October 02, 2013, 01:27:02 pm »

Its most probable derm ignores it till it notices him and then conducts science in a different room.
Mine is still more probable than first one.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: October 02, 2013, 01:44:37 pm »

"Well then."

Beholdeth!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 02, 2013, 10:32:27 pm »

-snip-

It is the norm I suppose, I just congratulated him because his action choice took me by surprise, most notably not many people seem to be using the overcharging method, and he is going for +2 in his speed stat to give him a +1 roll, which is something I'd forgotten about in the midst of all my science :-[

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: October 02, 2013, 11:08:53 pm »

((I considered overcharging my strength to attack urist but the fact of the matter is id need to hit him first.
Science is more fun, science and throwing orcs at people.

Oh and if anyone decides to throw a magnetic orc at urist i will gladly refrain from attacking its creator.))

Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 198