Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378161 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2385 on: October 08, 2013, 08:21:56 pm »

Mark looks around for stuff to kill and/or loot
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 09, 2013, 12:58:44 pm »

This is probably going to have to wait until tonight.  Sorry for being slack lately.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:32 pm »

Damn slackass GMs.

GOD DAMMIT.
Turn stuff

[Derm Spd:3]
[Vakothu Spd:6]
[Dragon Spd:3]

Vakothu runs past the dragon, and focuses himself on preparing a spell.

Derm tries to negotiate with the dragon.  "HEY! I am literally made out of BURNING ARCANE ENERGY THAT WILL MAkE YOUR STOMACHE EXPLODE. wouldn't the injured guy made of regular meat be far more tasty!?"

The dragon doesn't appear to agree, as he slashes out at Derm with his claws.  Derm yells back, "If you let me live, I will pay you tribute of precious materials and meat!"

[Dragon Dex:3]
[Derm Dex:3-2]

[Dragon Str:6]
[Derm End:3]

The dragon slashes at Derm's head, his claws smashing into Derm's helmet.  The blow rebounds both of them, sending the dragon staggering back a bit and Derm's head crashing down.  Derm takes it okay, though, and manages to get out his spell at the dragon- despite his helmet now being severely crooked, blocking much of his view.

[Derm Pot:4]
[Dragon End:5]

With the dragon immediately in front of him, the green liquid cone Derm shoots forward has no chance of missing.  It splatters across the dragon's chest, searing it in several places but causing no serious injury.  The dragon roars, stepping backwards.

CURSES AND DAMNATION
actions

[Damon Spd:4]
[Outcast Spd:1]
[Urist Spd:5+1]

The dwarf rushes heedlessly at Outcast Wizard, shield first.

[Urist Dex:4+1]
[Outcast Dex:1+1]

[Urist Str:3+2]
[Outcast End:1]

The dwarf bashes Outcast in the left knee with his shield.  There's an audible pop, and Outcast crashes down, leg screaming in pain.  The dwarf steps back and shouts a battle cry.

Damon tries his magic again.

[Damon Pot:5+1]  Another shimmering image of a rather impressive looking werewolf.  Too bad it's not real.

He scrabbles backward as best he can without his leg.

[Outcast End:6]  Pain?  What pain?  OUTCAST WIZARD LOVES THE PAIN.  He throws himself forward, ignoring the further pop coming from his knee, and shouts magic at the dwarf.

[Outcast Pot:4+1]
[Urist End:2+2]  The blast catches the dwarf on his left arm, where his shield is- and the shield blocks all the energy.  Damn it!

TURN = SUBMITTED.

There is a season, turn, turn, turn.

[Pot:6+1]  A huge crossbow, formed of arcane energy, appears before you.  It's usable, but big enough to be awkward and require full use of both arms.

The string looks to be pure light... and something in your gut tells you it's not completely stable.  You poke it with your toe, and nothing happens.  You heft it safely, but you're a bit unsure... do you REALLY want to try firing this thing?

Science!

You're getting a bit of magic weapon envy now, looking at Bigf01t's compensation launcher.

[Pot:1+2]  This results in the strangest looking creature you've ever seen.  It's a goblin, and a puny one at that, despite being made out of paper.  In addition to being short, it's also extremely emaciated, to the point it can barely stand under its own weight.  It looks at you pathetically and lets out a feeble grunt.

Mark looks around for stuff to kill and/or loot

Hmm... there's no loot around here, but there's a guy whose leg is blown off and bleeding to death.  Well... close enough!  You head on over and commence with the head stomping.

[Mark Dex:2]
[Wilbur Dex:1-2]

You stomp and miss the first time.  This guy is on the ground, missing a leg, writing in pain, and half bled to death, and you MISSED.  Good thing there's nothing stopping you from trying again until you connect.

[Mark Str:3-1]  You lightly stomp his head a few times.  All things considered, it's not a big deal to him.

(Hint: Vague actions often lead to violence)

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  East side, Spike Room (1/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - South Side, Grand Room (1 Pool)
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - Center, Spike Room (1/2 Pool) {Left leg is gone}
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (3/3 Pool, Pot Focus)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding}
Dermonster: Derm - South Exit, Cavern (1/5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet (crooked), Force Platemail, Force Clothsteel Armguards, Twin Blade Darkfire Sword] {Left leg blown off above knee, helmet crooked and blocking view}
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - South side, Grand Room (2 Pool)  {Left leg gone at knee, right leg wounded.  Bleeding out: 1 turn.}

Urist Lamkalallibash - East Side, Spike Room (6)

I feel bad for you, Pariah- any other hit location than left arm and you would have finally landed a serious blow on the dwarf.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 07:45:46 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 09, 2013, 09:06:54 pm »

"I will not die here! Not in this place! Not at this time!"

Beholdeth.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 09, 2013, 09:22:17 pm »

Tiny turn change:  The wimpy goblin is made out of paper- I forgot to specify.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 09, 2013, 09:25:12 pm »

((This shit is like Highlander, but instead of decapitation, anywhere between the left knee and foot is the target.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: October 09, 2013, 09:28:44 pm »

Random.org likes hitting the left side, it appears.  Left leg is 1 on the hit location D6, so you should be happy it's not your end roll instead.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 09, 2013, 10:09:50 pm »

Does anyone (perhaps anyone who is dying already) want to try firing my "Compensation Launcher"? ;D
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 09, 2013, 10:22:07 pm »

What the hell? Wilbur attacks me, but Mark was the one trying? Who even is Urist? A player or not? And I shouldn't be bleeding out; didn't it cauterize the wound?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 09, 2013, 10:28:11 pm »

Keep stomping Wilmor

(Rolepgeek I think the GM got us confused as Wilmor is the only one in the same room as me)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 10, 2013, 05:01:34 am »

stuff

((Do you roll dice for affected limbs?))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 10, 2013, 07:32:05 am »

Turn.
Spoilered, not PMed, as words are already known:
Spoiler: WORDS (click to show/hide)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 10, 2013, 07:44:41 am »

What the hell? Wilbur attacks me, but Mark was the one trying? Who even is Urist? A player or not? And I shouldn't be bleeding out; didn't it cauterize the wound?

Whoops.  You're not involved in that last exchange.  Yeah, you're not bleeding out- Wilbur (Defiatos) is.  Fixing that now.

Urist is the first boss.

((Do you roll dice for affected limbs?))

Typically, yes.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 10, 2013, 07:47:35 am »

Time for some Magic
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 198