Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376871 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Catsplosion]
« Reply #2355 on: October 04, 2013, 08:00:18 pm »

Remember the time someone tried to make a bear that controlled flesh and bone?
It would have worked if they added the word Magic to the mix.
Grammar is important. Grammar goes beyond important if you want to go beyond basics.

Take real languages; since everyone reading this probably understands English, I'll use that. If you don't understand grammar but know your vocabulary, you can communicate simple ideas pretty simply; put "me," "have," and "pain" in any order and people will probably understand that you are in pain. More complex sentences--say, "The bear caused my pain"--require knowledge of grammar to avoid making it sound like you hurt the bear or else just gibberish.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 04, 2013, 08:10:40 pm »

"My pain caused the Bear."
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 04, 2013, 08:14:38 pm »

"My pain caused the Bear."

Effect: Spawn a bear whenever injured.

Seems pretty rad.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 04, 2013, 09:59:07 pm »

A panda walks into a cafe. He orders a sandwich, eats it, then pulls out a gun and shoots the waiter. "Why?" groans the injured man. The panda shrugs and walks out, tossing a badly punctuated wildlife manual over his shoulder. When the waiter consults the book, he finds the explanation for this behaviour. The entry for "panda" reads: "Large black and white mammal native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 04, 2013, 10:12:55 pm »

So bad  :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 05, 2013, 08:56:52 pm »

Due to PC issues, this will have to wait until Monday.  Sorry!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 05, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »

Noooooooooooo!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 05, 2013, 09:07:59 pm »

MMEEEEHH.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 05, 2013, 10:14:48 pm »

Sooo... tomorrow then?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 07, 2013, 09:21:41 am »

RE-MAGIC. AGAIN.

Damn you, unpredictable magic!

[Pot:1+1]  Son of a bitch.

[Pot:4+1]  A set of arcane bolas forms and falls to the floor.  You bend down and pick them up, and they shoot foam at you.

You toss them in the pit.  That was unhelpful.

Dodge!
Things and stuff.

[Derm Spd:5]
[Dragon Spd:6]

Derm moves to attack Vakothu, but the dragon is faster.

[Dragon Breath:5]
[Dragon Dex:5]

[Derm Dex:6]
[Vakothu Dex:5+2]

[Derm End:2]

A blast of arcane energy roars out of the dragon's mouth.  Vakothu is able to avoid it, but Derm catches the edge of the blast on his left leg.  Unfortunately, Derm has no armor on his legs- the blast blows it off just above the knee.

Derm crashes to the ground, his plans forgotten.  The dragon is looking at him, approaching for another attack.

dwarf hunting
THINGS AND STUFF

((Oops, forgot to update his location.))

[Outcast Spd:4]
[Damon Spd:2]
[Urist Spd:4+1]

The dwarf growls at Damon and charges.

[Urist Dex:6+1]
[Damon Dex:6]

[Urist Str:5+2]
[Damon End:6]

The dwarf cleanly and neatly lops off Damon's left leg.  The burning head cauterizes the wound for him.

Outcast Wizard bursts in behind the dwarf and launches his attack.

[Outcast Pot:2+1]

[Urist Dex:4+1]
[Damon Dex:5-2]

[Damon End:5]

A fairly unimpressive cone of magma shoots forward- it's a big cone, but it's more of a spray than a solid stream of magma.  The dwarf dodges and rolls away from it, but Damon is unable to dodge effectively.  He just grimaces and takes the few burns he gets from it, though.

Angry now, Damon finally unleashes his spell.

[Damon Pot:5+1]  A shimmering image of a great big werewolf appears before him, before fading away a couple seconds later.

Swearing, Damon scrabbles at the ground and tries to pull himself away.

Will fogs to activate, say Words!

The fogs ignore you.  Jerk fog.

[Pot:3+2]  A few bars of steel.  Yay steel.

[Pot:3+2]  A few more bars of steel.  Yay more steel.

They look the same to you.

"Curses!" He yelled, spewing out "Words!" and throwing his bone boomerang at Urist.

He's out of the room, but you shout your words anyway.

[Pot:5+1]  A bit of magical nothing shoots out at a 45 degree angle toward your right.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  East side, Spike Room (1/3 Pool, Body is big and arcane) [Arcane greatsword] {Left leg is injured} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Bottomless Pit (6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Wand] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - North ledge, Grand Room (1 Pool)
Rolepgeek: Damon Harper - East of Center, Spike Room (1/2 Pool) {Left leg is gone}
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Bottomless Pit (4 Pool, Body is air) (15)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (2/3 Pool)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding}
Dermonster: Derm - South Exit, Cavern (3/5 Pool, Arcane/Force/Light/Dark mixed form) [Force Helmet, Force Platemail, Force Clothsteel Armguards, Twin Blade Darkfire Sword] {Left leg blown off above knee}
Defiatos: Wilbur Wilson Deerkill - South side, Grand Room (2 Pool)  {Left leg gone at knee, right leg wounded.  Bleeding out: 2 turns.}

Urist Lamkalallibash - East Side, Spike Room (6)

Sorry for the delay.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2365 on: October 07, 2013, 11:21:29 am »

GOGOGO DRAGON GOGOGO!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 07, 2013, 12:49:46 pm »

((Bigfoot, you are free to test the materials I have just spawned to see if one of them can control the other one))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 07, 2013, 01:40:24 pm »

"RrrrrRRRRRAUGH!"

GOD DAMMIT.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #2369 on: October 07, 2013, 02:05:43 pm »

I like how everybody is dying.
The souls of person that dragon kills will probably go to you, even if you re not controlling it.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 198