Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 378132 times)

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Arm-Based Victory Dance]
« Reply #2655 on: November 03, 2013, 01:51:44 pm »

Im Spanish!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: November 03, 2013, 01:57:46 pm »

Im Spanish!
Well, that explains your tendency to use the indefinite article "an" in words which don't have an initial vowel sound.

Anyway, we are at a metalinguistic phase of discussion now, so feel free to correct anyone's grammar.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: November 03, 2013, 02:11:36 pm »

You're grammer all sux.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: November 03, 2013, 02:14:54 pm »

You're grammer all sux.

But you gramor is badderest.

Im Spanish!

"I'm" is a contraction, and thus has an apostrophe where the letter is missing.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: November 03, 2013, 02:53:19 pm »

I wonder if dwarves have grammar nazis.

"'EY EW-RIST"

"IT'S HEY, URIST, WITH A COMMA!"

That dosen't actually need a comma it's the best i can think of.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Half of You Have Injured Left Legs]
« Reply #2660 on: November 03, 2013, 02:54:08 pm »

IT LIVES

stuff.

You grab your sword with both fists and utter your magic.

[Pot:3+1]  The sword turns into a pair of wings.  Uh.

Walk to the magma room, say:

Eolginv Reoxidinn Jupedem Zigula. Point at the magic alien until he is dead, then point at the bull if the magic is still having an effect.
Stand well back, if the bull gets stuck attacking this door, "Echapl" it right in the face. Dex rolls can suck it.

Also test out my Arcane hoverhammer on it's face from the (relative) safety of my side of the door.

[Jabon Spd:6+1]
[Bigf01t Spd:5]

Jabon runs across the spike room, past Bigf01t, through the bull (confusing it a second) and into the magma room.  Two aliens are staring at him.  Wait... which one is which?  OH WELL.

[Jabon Pot:4+2]
[Jabon Dex:3+2]

[Alien1 Dex:1]
[Alien2 Dex:4]

The first alien just stands there staring at you as your finger glows, then starts shooting out a series of glowing arcane spheres.  Three impact it in the chest, blowing it into several messy chunks.  The second dives for cover, but a sphere catches him in the back as you sweep your finger around the room back toward him.  The stream stops before you can turn your attention to the bull.

Well, that's that taken care of.  You also blew several chunks out of the walls.

Bigf01t, meanwhile, aims a spell at the bull.

[Bigf01t Pot:5+1]

[Bull End:5]

A large blob of water forms, right in the bull's face.  With a huge hiss and a burst of steam, the bull's front half rapidly cools off.  Despite being much stonier in the front now, it doesn't seem terribly affected- other than being pissed off.

It shakes and shudders when Jabon's spell goes off, though, and stops for a second.  Bigf01t takes this as a chance to field-test his hammer.

[Bigf01t Dex:1]

He fumbles it when attempting to get it in an attack position.  Damn it- the moment is lost.  The bull starts working on getting through this door.

Activate ley lines, see if I can move my cloth limbs (Most likely not), then Focus on potency.

You do this.  You are now whole cloth.  No, you still can't use the previously cloth limbs.

Focus is now happening.

Kill the crazy basted bash his head in with the brick and shout Word
Grab this guy by the throat and chokeslam him, then stomp the shit outta' him.
Fire breath both of them!
Try to hit mostly TCM, as killerhellhound tried to ally with me earlier.
Then pick up my fire scythe and throw it at them with my remaining arm before it burns off!

[Mark Spd:1-1]
[Zubaz Spd:2]

[Zubaz Dex:1+2]
[Mark Dex:2]

[Zubaz Str:4]
[Mark Str:5-1]

Zubaz moves like a snake, grabbing Mark around his throat.  Mark struggles and resists well enough to just get taken down instead of slammed down.  Zubaz still has his throat, though.

Mark can't reach the bar now (it'd probably be too heavy anyway) but goes for a counterattack anyway.

[Mark Dex:3]
[Zubaz Dex:2+2]

[Mark Str:4-1]

Zubaz half dodges the attack, and it's not strong enough to do more than distract Zubaz from getting a better grip.  Mark shouts his word anyway.

[Mark Pot:1+1]  A few steel shavings form in the air.   Not helpful.

Cromwellius, realizing his fire breath takes a bit to charge up, does so.

Grab floatyguards. Don floatyguards.

If I remember correctly...
Puefixtr Wighthill Fluslit ...
... while imagining armor similar to what I've made earlier, with one leg bearing a large shield that protects me when I crouch, rectangular in shape so that I can still run without banging my legs together.

You put them on.  You don't start floating, sadly- but they are really unobtrusive when you're wearing them.

[Pot:5]  You get a nice set of silver greaves, with a large legplate protecting the front of them.  They're practically mobile cover, though they do look pretty heavy.

Quote from: Players
Unholy_Pariah:  Outcast Wizard - East exit, Spike Room (3 Pool, Body is big and arcane, Pot Focus) [Arcane wings] {Left leg is badly injured, especially the knee; cannot stand on it, Right leg gone, Lower abdomen is gouged} (5)
Bigf00t: Bigf01t - East entrance, Spike Room (1/6 Pool, Body is arcane field over steel core) [Arcane hoverhammer, Arcane shield, Arcane Helmet, Wand, Arcane Great Crossbow "Compensation Launcher"] {Chest feels burned/raw} (6)
Killerhellhound: Mark Sheperd - Center, Grand Room (1 Pool)
TCM: Zubaz - Center, Grand Room (0 Pool)
Tomcost: Jabon -  East side, Spike Room (3/6 Pool, Body is air) (22)
Vakothu: Azilain - South Exit, Cavern (3 Pool, body is cloth, Pot Focus)  {Right hand is inert steel (fingers gone), chest is cut and bleeding, legs are inert cloth, left arm is inert cloth} (2)
Tsuchigumo550: Derya Shirazi - North Side, Cavern (3 Pool) [Steel Arm Floaties]
mastahcheese: Cromwellius The Second - North of Center, Grand Room (3 Pool, right leg is gone, right hand is gone, skin is scaly, Is a fire drake, Breath about to fire)

If I derped around and missed anything, let me know.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: November 03, 2013, 02:59:32 pm »

((The two aliens are dead, right?))

Also: wooooo!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: November 03, 2013, 03:14:24 pm »

DON HEAVY LEGS.

So, I may not be too quick in combat, but I should be able to block any high strikes with these gauntlets. My chainsword has reach, and might be able to strip others of their weapons... Hmm.

Walk into a new room, preferably one with people in it.

Abcolosan Kiallum Duablam.
Thinking of an incredibly sharp obsidian V, imagine it now weightless. Then imagine it ripping into flesh of anyone foolish enough to immediately declare an attack.

((Hell yes, I've been waiting for this. Also, I'm hoping that I can get one last good roll compared to the 1,1 that killed me last time.))
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: November 03, 2013, 03:18:53 pm »

More untested but hopefully helpful words.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: November 03, 2013, 03:47:34 pm »

((Well, I guess that i have to finish that bull now.))

Warning to everybody: I'm going to cast a pretty undodgeable spell towards the bull so get away from the line that goes from my person towards the bull.

Probably undodgeable spell!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: November 03, 2013, 05:51:45 pm »

Quite.

At least the two you saw when you came in there.  You don't see any more, though.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: November 03, 2013, 05:57:30 pm »

Quite.

At least the two you saw when you came in there.  You don't see any more, though.

They're in a room we haven't seen yet, with nothing but ventilation systems. And right now, they're becoming Predaliens.

MAGIC PREDATOR/ALIENS.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: November 03, 2013, 07:00:56 pm »

But I disagree on the Tea Party comparation, as we don't have enough power to grab Bay12 by the balls and demand DF to be even more harcore while we threaten to stop donations if Toady doesn't agree, yet.
Think English Tea Party.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17:37 pm »

science.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 198