Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 311

Author Topic: Order of the Stick  (Read 485436 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Stick
« Reply #4515 on: January 28, 2023, 08:05:31 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: January 28, 2023, 02:06:40 pm »

Come on guys, she's already said that she's not gonna get offed for Roy's stupid character arc. I doubt it's gonna happen at this point. :p
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: January 28, 2023, 06:53:10 pm »

Saying that you're not going to die is like, narratively, a +75% chance that you're going to die.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: January 29, 2023, 03:03:56 am »

I suspect she was already dead when she said it though. She just lied when Roy couldn't believe she was really dead.

There is no altered Sending spell, she died in a bizzare homework related accident.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: January 29, 2023, 07:37:43 am »

You hear about all the Warriors complaining that their Dog ate their homework? Wizards complain about their homework eating their classmates.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: January 29, 2023, 11:44:55 am »

I think this is Eugene not Julia.  "She" seemed really trapped by the fighter-school audition thing until Roy gave an out.  And the "my... family's burden" thing seems almost direct.

I keep considering dead Julia because the evidence for Eugene seems *too* strong.  I wonder how she would have died in a way that fits the narrative? "Bizarre homework related accident" that was so embarrassing it becomes a Noodle Incident?  I hope it wasn't Pompey, that seems too... mundane.  (I forgot about the Pompey/Vaarsuvius names, heh)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: January 29, 2023, 11:55:33 am »

I don't think it is Eugene, because there isn't much point in it.

Sure, he probably could impersonate Julia and the last thing Roy said to him was "Pawn these visits off on Julia", but unless he is afraid Roy will destroy him with the sword, there isn't much point in doing that. What does he have to gain in impersonating her? Conversation? But if he has to pretend to be Julia, then the whole conversation thing is worthless.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: February 03, 2023, 09:13:30 pm »

Clearly, Julia died in an experiment to give trees epilepsy.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: February 09, 2023, 04:17:30 pm »

I think this is Eugene not Julia.  "She" seemed really trapped by the fighter-school audition thing until Roy gave an out.  And the "my... family's burden" thing seems almost direct.

I keep considering dead Julia because the evidence for Eugene seems *too* strong.  I wonder how she would have died in a way that fits the narrative? "Bizarre homework related accident" that was so embarrassing it becomes a Noodle Incident?  I hope it wasn't Pompey, that seems too... mundane.  (I forgot about the Pompey/Vaarsuvius names, heh)
Yeah, it's like she catches herself saying "my burden" before switching to "my family's burden." That fits Eugene-pretending-to-be-Julia better than Julia herself, who's never shown much of a sense of duty. It'd also lend a new meaning to "being stuck up here," and disguises are already in Eugene's playbook.

I don't think it is Eugene, because there isn't much point in it.

Sure, he probably could impersonate Julia and the last thing Roy said to him was "Pawn these visits off on Julia", but unless he is afraid Roy will destroy him with the sword, there isn't much point in doing that. What does he have to gain in impersonating her? Conversation? But if he has to pretend to be Julia, then the whole conversation thing is worthless.
The continued opportunity to push Roy toward fulfilling the oath at any cost, something Julia/Eugene attempts:

That or Julia refused to do it. Either way, there's no reason to think she's dead.

Mobbstar

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Mossbird
    • View Profile
    • my website
« Reply #4524 on: February 10, 2023, 11:27:48 am »

My new pet theory is that this is Eugene cooperating with the devils who have killed Julia and bound her soul to the vessel of choice: Banjo the Clown.

Admittedly, something doesn't fit there, but I can't put my finger on it.   ;D

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: February 10, 2023, 02:15:32 pm »

That's ridiculous!
Spoiler: Reason (click to show/hide)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: February 10, 2023, 04:40:08 pm »

Speaking of Banjo...

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bec_

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: February 21, 2023, 03:16:02 pm »

the latest update just dropped! :D
https://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1275.html

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: February 21, 2023, 04:45:44 pm »

Silly Julia, the nature of this comic means that Helmets Are Hardly Heroic is an enforced trope.

Didn't spend much time with the kid with the puppet, did you?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: February 22, 2023, 03:52:36 am »

Their mastery of disguise is why we never saw them in the first half of the comic
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 311