Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977165 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10530 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:38 am »

Kyle said Lucifer is reasonable. And a reasonable person does not become lord of hell by being not trustworthy. Really, the only way to rise to such a point is through people skills. If anything, Lucifer rose to his rank because he has allies, and knows to keep them happy. Being trustworthy is a central part of that. Really, it's an essential leadership skill - making alliances. There is no being that could reasonably rule over hell through sheer force alone. The trick is not to be able to do everything, but knowing who can, and how to make them do it. If you make them do it by force, all you have done is make sure they never want to work for you again and want to fuck you up when they have the chance. Instead, reasonable approach. Lucifers entire empire is supported on favours for favours for favours. No demon would ever support Lucifers rule if it was not beneficial to them.

Of course, Seham was too paranoid to even listen to what Lucifer wanted to propose, and now has to deal with the consequences of his actions. And he's mighty optimistic to think he can conquer an entire world with just a couple of demons, even if that world is poorly developed. Note that Wills homeworld is also Stellas homeworld. There is an entire race of dragons who will not have any of his shit. If he really wants to conquer this world, he will need hundreds if not thousands of years, and must do so all the while demonic assassins want his head on a plate. He was barely able to even defend what he already had, that bitch is not conquering anything.

So yeah, for all intents and purposes, Seham and the plot around him is over. It requires no further intervention whatsoever. I guess the only thing that keeps stuff going is that people want to have a word with Nuriel, so oh well, let them have it I guess.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10531 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:38 am »

Said home world is also populated with supers. A LOT of supers. Who probably don't want their world conquered, either because of freedom or because they want to conquer it themselves.

And if Seham ever returns to Hell, and Andras finds out what he did, he'll have to deal with about five or six greater demons, with their legions of demons, descending upon him, in addition to Lucifer and his vassals.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10532 on: March 31, 2014, 10:01:24 am »

well as I said, Seham fucked up. Sometimes getting what you want does not mean you did not fuck up.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10533 on: March 31, 2014, 10:07:06 am »

Kyle is unable to help his friend so of course he's a jerk for being greatly upset by it.
I'm not even sure what the incident in question is so I'm going to ignore this for now.

And when has Kyle intentionally been a bad friend?
I'm pretty sure that this is impossible by definition.
He has, however, been an unintentionally bad friend whenever he's abandoned the group. Especially after said group included his child(ren).

No one talked about the video and Kyle could care less about Will anyways.
...I wasn't talking specifically about Kyle.

And why would Angel need a reason to take off her bracelet?
...Because no one ever does, except in times of distress.

Why does any of the cast need one?
It would be bad for her mental health.
...What are these referring to?

Fuck you GWG I'm trying to play him the way I think he should be played.
Fair enough, but if you play him as a selfish jerk people are going to see him as a selfish jerk...

Kyle said Lucifer is reasonable. And a reasonable person does not become lord of hell by being not trustworthy.
One does not become Lord of the Backstabbers without backstabbing. One who tries to do so will be backstabbed.

There is no being that could reasonably rule over hell through sheer force alone.
And there is none.
Canonically, there is no singular Lord of Hell. Lucifer may be the most powerful demon in Hell, but there are demons who do not obey his rule.

No demon would ever support Lucifers rule if it was not beneficial to them.
1. What the hell (pun intended) makes you think that all demons support Lucifer? There are always dissidents, and I would have thought it was clear that Seham was not one of the Lucifer-lovers.
2. It's entirely possible to rule a large group of people who mostly do not support you, if they either support you more than anarchy or (more likely) are too disorganized and inter-hateful to band together, and any small rebellions are crushed by the might of the rest of the group.

And he's mighty optimistic to think he can conquer an entire world with just a couple of demons, even if that world is poorly developed. Note that Wills homeworld is also Stellas homeworld. There is an entire race of dragons who will not have any of his shit.
Slow down. What makes you think that they went to Will's world?

He was barely able to even defend what he already had, that bitch is not conquering anything.
Demon armies are a lot bigger, and have more power per troop, than most human armies.

Said home world is also populated with supers. A LOT of supers. Who probably don't want their world conquered, either because of freedom or because they want to conquer it themselves.
Is everyone forgetting that I had Will clearly say that the world on the other side had little magic and no supernatural organizations?

Sometimes getting what you want does not mean you did not fuck up.
Lucifer.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10534 on: March 31, 2014, 10:08:50 am »

Actually, Will's from Super Academy. I.e Kj's world.

Lets hear from him whether or not it would be possible for Seham to realistically take over.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10535 on: March 31, 2014, 10:09:05 am »

*reads stuff in IC*
Wellp, rage-modeing makes much less sense now. I'll just have Mal sigh loudly and make some snarky remark or something xD

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10536 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:13 am »

...Because no one ever does, except in times of distress.

People do when they want privacy, Alice removed it once just because the arguing over the channel was getting so bad.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10537 on: March 31, 2014, 10:10:42 am »

Richard removed his and Camille's because the group was being stupid and made Camille cry.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10538 on: March 31, 2014, 10:14:20 am »

It would take Chuthullu and the whole of the justice league to take over the entire world... and that's not counting other planets that may want the planet free and any gods that wanted it/thought it looked nice...

Also, is GWG really arguing amwhy Kyle is a bad father for leaving after the verbal abuse he got without even knowing why he was yelled at?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10539 on: March 31, 2014, 10:15:01 am »

Also, casualties?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10540 on: March 31, 2014, 10:19:28 am »

Probably one to one. Two to one if the planet lacks the 'destroy the world/universe/galaxy' type of villain.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10541 on: March 31, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

err...

welcome to *every* father who raises a teenage girl?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10542 on: March 31, 2014, 10:22:58 am »

That's well and good but when you suddenly get that teenaged daughter before you even had a daughter of any other age.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10543 on: March 31, 2014, 10:23:40 am »

That's well and good but when you suddenly get that teenaged daughter before you even had a daughter of any other age.

Elizabeth and Lunette?

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile
« Reply #10544 on: March 31, 2014, 10:27:07 am »

Kyle is really just too young to deal with all of the stuff he's had to go through

* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax
Pages: 1 ... 701 702 [703] 704 705 ... 1030