- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49348 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor. (come and watch and take part of!)
« Reply #180 on: September 14, 2013, 10:08:38 pm »

well If highmax's turn is done before he is done he can just post how it is and we can leave off of it.
Gonna pull a last minute and kinda rip through the last months with an update explaining some reccomendations to the next person, storytelling, and any major events that happen from then till now. Although the necros are pretty important to note since they're gonna keep showing up
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 14, 2013, 10:44:48 pm »

5th of Moonstone: Progress!
I finally put down the pick, and picked up the sword. I now train vigilantly to become a great swordsdwarf. I also, that smelter I ordered to be built? Well, we had no one to smelt the ores, so it just stood there without any work done. Well, luckily, this cheese maker had walked by me to my training and I told him he's the new smithy and he is going to work the forges. He gave a groan and a whine, but went to it almost immediately. Hopefully, silver weapons will be a nice upgrade from our copper and scrap gear. Some are even using daggers, which is kind of strange, but what can we do? Also, we got miasma clouds spewing near the training barracks. Why is this happening? I don't really know

22nd of Moonstone: Problems!
Jamcat dropped dead today. The sheriff told me he was scared to death by a ghost. I asked him how she knew that from just looking at him, and then she told me that she watched the whole thing. Oh....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well shit... Lets get him buried ASAP! Also, we have a baby kinda just crawling about everywhere... I think it was Jamcats...

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 14, 2013, 11:14:18 pm »

25th of Moonstone: That Explains A Lot!
I peeked in on danmanthedog and the outpost liason as they conducted a meeting in the dining hall. The expedition leader kept emphasizing on getting iron, but the outpost liason just looked at him funny everytime he said it. Finally, I stepped in and I asked him if we could ask for some iron anvils at least for melting down. The outpost liason laughed and said heartily:

"Lad, we dun hav' any iron. Its a mytery ta me why this lad ere' keeps askin' me fer it.

I hit dan in the head with my sword pommel which did almost nothing since I'm still trying to get used to the weight of the blade. I'm not even a novice yet with this thing, so its still difficult for me. I took over the meeting more or less and asked for as much steel as he can carry on his pack mules and leather... LOTS of leather. And some tetrahedryte for some copper and silver for traps. Also, the leather is specifically bear and wolf leather. Why? Because our enemies will tremble before us if we wear animal hides of ferocious animals. I also asked for coke and charcoal, and most importantly, food and booze. Dan finalized the documents as I heard the next coffin was finished, so I ordered that the ghost's body be buried. We don't want murder killing our last amounts of people, as miserable and thirsty and hungry as we are, we're strong and hardy. We endured the dead, we fought Kobald invasions, and we captured and killed Necromancers and their brood were slain quickly. We are the Dwarves of Fliermanor, notorious and brave. We're tired but strong, more then before, and we don't fear the dead. We will turn this place into a fortress of greatness and might, and we will be the envy of all nations and all will bow down before us! Our coffers will be lined with gold and silver, and our halls will be lined with marks of our history and our great endurance. Nothin will make us falter!

28th of Moonstone: Finally Laid Rest
The speardwarf that murdered Jamcat was laid to rest today. Now we just need to bury the other... Armok only knows slain.

Also, I was approached by dan again who handed me a paper with what the mountainhomes wanted from us. I sent it off to the bookkeeper for a reminder to whoever takes over for me.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:19:22 pm by highmax28 »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 15, 2013, 12:18:31 am »

17th of Opal, 127: Sköll
I have been practicing more and more with this sword, and I have gotten a good feel for it. I think I will keep it with me for awhile. I even gave it a name: Sköll.

The rest of the outpost seems pretty quiet. Then again, we're a population of only 39. Fenrir has taken all jobs of mining in my absence, meaning more work for him. He'll be digging down more, looking for some magma for our forges. Hopefully, whoever succeeds me can figure out screw pumps more easily then I can; I can't make heads or tails of these things.

28th of Opal, 127: Celebrations are Early
Timeless bob started a party in celebration for the things that happened over the past year. The discovery of the water in the caverns, the success of the traps and our army, our survival, and especially, for food on our plates and bellies full of booze. He also made a toast to me saying that we needed someone to help us get through tough times, and I never faltered. I told them all I would be retiring from my position as overseer, and handing it off to someone else. Who, I don't know yet. I told them by the end of the year, they will know. I also began to write a list of the things we will have to do in the coming months, cause we kinda need to get some orders done that I cannot do in my month left of time. I also took a walk to the caged stockpile and saw some interesting things:

Are war monkeys a possibility? It would be rather interesting having our primitive friends giving us aid in combat.

14th of Obsidian, 127: And Thus it Begins Again
A few people gave us a warning shout as they spotted more undead marching towards our gates. I locked the doors again, but I did not order everyone to the safehouse. We don't want another incident like before, but we can last now that we have a working indoor endless supply of food and booze. We can hold out... Can we?

And Fenrir, I swear to god, if you say we found cobalite one more time, I'm shoving my sword through your gullet.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 15, 2013, 12:49:38 am »

28th of Obsidian, 127: Final Entry as Overseer
Well, we all knew it would happen sooner or later. I had wished it would've happened at a better and happier time. We're still under siege and our army is nowhere near strong enough to take on an army of the dead and their two necromancer leaders. There is an estimated 32 undead following them. In the meantime, as they wait for us to open the gates, they set up camp, waiting for us to come out.

We're at a standstill again, just biding our time. I'm leaving this journal for the next overseer so they can figure the job out more easily. All my time will be dedicated to my training, and since I'm now officially a novice swordsdwarf, I can officially say I can kind of fight now. I just really hope we don't have anything bust down our doors. I also hope we don't have any trouble with wood stockpiles, especially since we don't have any access to the outside right now. Jamcat's baby died also today, making our population to 38 instead of 39. Yeah, we're small in numbers, but hopefully, one day, we can change that. I have a dream of seeing this place as busy and wealthy as the mountainhomes. I would stand guard as Szat leads us to glorious charges for victory and death. Today is not that day, neither does tomorrow look like that, but someday, it will happen. Fenrir keeps digging, but still no luck with the magma. Everyone else is either idle or hard at work with something.

To you, noble reader and Overseer, and my successor, this is what needs to be done during the year 128:

- Finish the pump system. The well is crucial to our survival
- Train us military dwarves
- Break the siege somehow
- Execute the necromancers before you break the siege to show an example to the two necromancer captains that lie outside our doors
- Make lots of wooden cages, we have a decent amount hanging about outside
- DO NOT EVER REMOVE THE STOCKPILE WITH ALL OF OUR CORPSES AND REFUSE! Its indoors for a reason
- Complete the drawbridge by placing an actual bridge in front of our gate to protect any merchants that arrive. Only open it when they say they're getting ready to leave
- Build some watchtowers for our crossbow dwarves that we don't have yet
- USe the leather I ordered for clothes, waterskins and backpacks. My clothes are destroyed as is, and I rather not run into battle stark naked
- Speaking of which, try to get us some basic armor. We got some metal bars from the trade caravan, but not enough to arm us to the teeth. I recommend sending out a squad of 10, fully armored, out to fight if possible. The zombies aren't terribly good if the soldiers stay close to the gates.
- Kill the necromancers first
- Above all else, get us a working source of water.
- Reccomendation: Keep my squad of two out of combat for the next few battles. We're not strong, and we're not the best, but give us time to train, and we'll be the best damn soldiers you got.

I write this off now, and I sign in my own blood to prove that this is all my writing. Our fortunes rise and fall together, o reader.

End of The Journal of Highmax

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 15, 2013, 12:59:22 am »

http://www.mediafire.com/?am65adplyl6sajw

Heres the save. Good luck with the siege!

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 15, 2013, 12:44:37 pm »

http://www.mediafire.com/?am65adplyl6sajw

Heres the save. Good luck with the siege!
Okay well I shall inform the next person which should be shadow hammer and I shall put up the stone sense of the fortress.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 15, 2013, 01:19:38 pm »

Well this is what Fliermanor looks like in stonesense.

Heres something for Timeless.

Heres what the dwarf pop is and to you can be redorf just ask the new overseer to dorf you.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 15, 2013, 08:40:56 pm »

Heres what the dwarf pop is and to you can be redorf just ask the new overseer to dorf you.

You missed a part of importance: The fallback room. I haven't done much to it other then dig a hole where the well will be and a gigantic cistern under it, and the pump stack (which I am 110% I did wrong) and the doorway that leads into the beloved underground lake. Also, I regret now that I didn't order any doors made for the bedroom hall as show there. Or the noble quarters either.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 15, 2013, 09:17:45 pm »

You missed a part of importance: The fallback room. I haven't done much to it other then dig a hole where the well will be and a gigantic cistern under it, and the pump stack (which I am 110% I did wrong) and the doorway that leads into the beloved underground lake. Also, I regret now that I didn't order any doors made for the bedroom hall as show there. Or the noble quarters either.
Yeah i saw that but at the moment i didn't think it was important.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2013, 04:01:50 pm »

Whelp guess Shadow Is buy with life so I he can talk to me with in 1 day he keeps turn but if not it goes to Blademan.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2013, 04:57:08 pm »

Is it just me, or does that dwarf look really pissed off?
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2013, 07:12:02 pm »

You might want to consider atom-smashing those corpses.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2013, 08:48:27 pm »

They're safe. No need to worry. As long as they aren't haxxors from necrothreat, we're fine. All of the necromancers are not trap immune, so the line of traps in the doorstep works for now

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 17, 2013, 09:07:28 am »

There is no honor in atom-smashing corpses.
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39