- 0 (0%)
zone 3
- 0 (0%)
zone 4
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 22, 2013, 10:15:59 am

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.  (Read 49351 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Old style succession game, Fliermanor Revive. Dream-wings freeze fast.
« Reply #420 on: November 28, 2013, 03:33:42 pm »

Okay, downloading now. Winter is coming!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 28, 2013, 05:57:14 pm »

Okay, downloading now. Winter is coming!
In this case... it never left.
Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 29, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »

Just a background info thingy

The walls of the fortress shimmer around me, shards of brilliant light shooting from their depths. Ice. It runs through my veins as well, makes me cold and dead to the world. As the slick walls glisten, I move inexorably onwards. I’m overseer now, a feat which would have pleased my warm hearted father were he still alive. Death is all his warm blood got him, and the day those wolves tore him to shreds is the day I learned the truth of the world. Kill, or be killed. Live through death, and if your environment is ice, be ice yourself. But I ignore the glow caught in the frozen water; it has no place here, no place in me, and I do not accept it. I turn my eyes from it and instead focus on the faces of those walking by.

I see many I have known from childhood, see the lecherous gleam in their eyes. They want my power, I can tell, and behind their warm-sounding greetings I hear the whisper of a threat, a dangerous tilt to their eyes. I nod curtly to them and memorise their faces for later military service, where at least their evil will be snuffed out in a greater cause. My authority is built on ice, and I must have a firm hand on my unfaithful subjects lest they spill my blood and melt it.

I walk as if in a trance, seeing the bad all around me. I pass highmax and smile, nodding to him in a respectful manner; he is still the leader of my squad, of the entire military, and is thus my most cunning foe. I barely see the traces of ill-intent lurking behind his eyes as he saunters past, the friendly grin he shoots my way mocks my intelligence and standing! How dare he, after he so blatantly orchestrated my father’s death! The wolves may have done the deed, but Highmax let it happen, watched as it happened. I force down my boiling anger; I am ice, I will deal with him. Eventually I will, anyway; he’s needed for now. But soon, soon, I will have my vengeance.

Illegitimate son of Th4DwArfY1, they call me. I suspect Highmax to have spread the rumour, one they do not even know the truth of. They strike eerily close to the truth, and my frozen heart squirms with worry every time I hear it mentioned. When I catch the dog who started this story, I will have his head!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 01, 2013, 10:15:07 pm »

huzza i am back from my family trip and read your posts, and got to ay good job. Also what was the thrall?

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2013, 07:48:03 am »

When I catch the dog who started this story, I will have his head!

Now, I'm worried.

huzza i am back from my family trip and read your posts, and got to ay good job. Also what was the thrall?

The pesky murk storms that happen often. Everything that gets caught in it is turned into a thrall. In This case it was some trader that just sat near the edge of the map. They are harmless, but annoying.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 03, 2013, 05:16:38 pm »

Everything going okay Th4DwarfY

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 03, 2013, 05:19:39 pm »

Ran into some RL and in game problems. I might need a few more days, if that's okay?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 03, 2013, 09:11:50 pm »

Ran into some RL and in game problems. I might need a few more days, if that's okay?
yeah you have two weeks and if im counting right your on your 4 or 5 day so you have plenty of time.

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 05, 2013, 06:55:03 pm »

Everything going okey?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 06, 2013, 12:46:48 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is in stasis due to essays and other annoying-yet-important things. It's the weekend now-Will hopefully be done by Monday
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

danmanthedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 06, 2013, 07:25:42 pm »

Dwarf Fortress is in stasis due to essays and other annoying-yet-important things. It's the weekend now-Will hopefully be done by Monday
Its fine good luck.

W0lfBane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 09, 2013, 02:57:48 pm »

So this is expressly not related to this game of DF,(but since it is a dull period) but in a week I will be running a game of Dwarf Fortress Fiasco in RL (i know RL is good for something other than destroying your GF game) for charity.
Any suggestions on how to do it, or where should i post on the bay 12 forums where the mods won't strike it down and i will get the most interest?
I apologize for the tangent

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 09, 2013, 04:37:50 pm »

So this is expressly not related to this game of DF,(but since it is a dull period) but in a week I will be running a game of Dwarf Fortress Fiasco in RL (i know RL is good for something other than destroying your GF game) for charity.
Any suggestions on how to do it, or where should i post on the bay 12 forums where the mods won't strike it down and i will get the most interest?

I'm not acquainted with the game... but I know a certain space station RP game that has left me up until 5 am despite exam deadlines sneaking about.

W0lfBane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 09, 2013, 06:03:13 pm »

It's A tabletop RPG. And i do believe you are talking about Space station 13.

I'm not acquainted with the game... but I know a certain space station RP game that has left me up until 5 am despite exam deadlines sneaking about.

blademan9999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 09, 2013, 11:31:55 pm »

>Can I have a go later, I'll try not to kill the fort this time.
There is a massive magma snake moving in down stairs as well as a flood and a tunnel to hell also downstairs and you are worried about me putting my feet on the furniture.
GWG you are meant to be the sane one.
Just because the apocalypse is happening downstairs is no reason to abandon manners young wizard.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39