Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256888 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #660 on: January 06, 2014, 03:19:27 pm »

"Grr... never managed to displace beans anywhere other than in me nostril... Grant me Wall of Pigeons, O Book! BEHOLD!"

Cast Wall of Pigeons!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: January 07, 2014, 06:13:31 am »

Cursing his insufficient head-ability, Larry tries again to shoot for the moon - hopefully he can reach the stars at least.

[Larry's mind roll: 6-->1+1]

This time, he does twice as well as last time, mostly on account of grabbing at knowledge twice as fiercely! This is gladdening to say the least. It's still not as good as one might hope, but when does everything work out the way one hopes? Rarely, that's when!

Spoiler: Larry's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

Halesey, faced with a tough choice, suddenly realizes his so far displayed inability to actually displace beans anywhere other than inside his own person. That makes the dilemma much easier.

"Grr... never managed to displace beans anywhere other than in me nostril... Grant me Wall of Pigeons, O Book! BEHOLD!" he shouts, suddenly throwing his arms wide open.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 3]

Suddenly a dozen pigeons appear, all placed on the same vertical geometric plane as far as Halesey can tell. This lasts for a moment, as the pigeons immediately start flying around, causing Jo, the fat guy and the lawyer-Jo to duck and cover their heads until they escape from the area. Well... it kind of worked, Halesey guesses.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:40:09 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 07, 2014, 09:51:20 am »

((Champignon as in the mushroom?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: January 07, 2014, 10:00:24 am »

((Champignon as in the mushroom?))

I would assume so, yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: January 07, 2014, 10:05:27 am »

((Assume.  Oh, you.))

Anything divine had to be awesome.  And sure, take the other.  Screw the trolls.

Take both, dropping the troll barrier.  Fire off the Divine Breath!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: January 07, 2014, 10:41:15 am »

((Oh man, you have been SPOILED! I would kill for a sweaty champignon vortex! For either of those two, in fact.))

Suddenly realising what was happening, Halesey moved quick, and blocked the stream of gentleman's literature with another, hopefully more solid wall of pigeons!

Block the Breath with the Pigeons!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: January 07, 2014, 11:02:40 am »

((We can combine them for a nice stew vortex!))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: January 08, 2014, 02:05:43 pm »

Larry, suddenly resplendent with brand new and amazing magic, decides to test his power.

[Halesey's finesse: 5+1]
[Larry's finesse: 3]

He takes a deep, deep breath - a move that tips off Halesey that there is likely to be something nasty to stop - and tries to fire off a spell.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 5+1]
[Larry's affinity roll: 1-->5+1]

However, he is so startled by the sudden appearance of a veritable fortress wall of pigeons before him that he nearly falls on his ill-prepared behind in the process, coughing with surprise. The pigeons are pretty tightly packed, he must admit. They're not even flying away.

"This is starting to get really weird, you guys."

"Yeah, use that magic to get some money, will you? I'm gonna need, like, 50 grand at least."

"Do I have to do that as well?"

"Of course! Me need money and all that."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: January 08, 2014, 02:10:53 pm »

Larry swears.  "Dammit, man, why'd you do that!  Eat my hat!"

Summon hats!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: January 08, 2014, 03:42:51 pm »

"Ah sorry man, I was sure you were aiming something at me. So, do we get this money the criminal way, or the non-criminal way?"

Halesey waits until the Arch-magus leaves for a second.

"You know, we could get the Arch-magus's bank details and hold the city to ransom, something devious but non-violent like that..."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: January 09, 2014, 07:26:39 am »

Larry is a little ticked off that some people see fit to interfere in what he's doing even before he's done anything.

"Dammit, man, why'd you do that!  Eat my hat!"

[Larry's affinity roll: 1-->2+1]

He points an accusatory finger at Halesey, but nothing happens. Well, as far as Larry can see. Halesey, on the other hand, notices a comically tiny fez appear on one side of Larry's head. It fits him, in a way.

"Ah, sorry man, I was sure you were aiming something at me. So, do we get this money the criminal way, or the non-criminal way?"

The fat guy interjects almost immediately.

"It doesn't matter to me what ya do, as long as we have money and can keep it."

"Yeah... I'd prefer not to get shot or imprisoned, myself. What's the money for, anyway?"

"It's... eh, it'll be easier to show you. Follow me," the Arch-Magus says, heading deeper inside. Jo and the lawyer-manifestation immediately follow him. As soon as they are out of earshot, Halesey has an idea.

"You know, we could get the Arch-magus's bank details and hold the city to ransom, something devious but non-violent like that..."

Larry doesn't immediately answer, though. Whether that's because he's thinking about the idea or thinking about alternative avenues of either moneymaking or vengeance, Halesey can't say.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: January 09, 2014, 07:29:26 am »

Summon a hairy mafioso barrier and then follow the Arch-magus to check out his interior design plan. Try and feel the flow of the ley power.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:13 am »

"Any way is fine with me, as long as Billy can make some noise!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: January 09, 2014, 08:52:33 am »

"Any way is fine with me, as long as Billy can make some noise!"

"Son, it gladdens my heart to see such great enthusiasm from you! Lead the way into the promised land, I shall follow right behind you!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: January 09, 2014, 11:46:56 am »

"Bah, whatever."

Tag along.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 244