Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256952 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Changing of Hands
« Reply #690 on: January 10, 2014, 09:09:24 pm »

Larry grunted dismissively, his face popping out of the book.  "Screw your plan.  The book says I should summon lots of hats.  And divine literature.  I want summa that literature, dammit.

Summon some damn divine literature!  If anyone interferes, Mucus them.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 11, 2014, 05:41:03 am »

"I'm leading a church to survive whatever's going on. What about you?"

"We still don't know why they're old, Willy. Better be careful!"

Willy gave a mental nod. "What kind of things are happening?"

"Uh, well... I'm not sure. But it's something, like, totally weird. I think it's, like, related to the dinosaurs raining from the skies and whatnot."

"Ah, yes! My son, you live in the end times, don't you know. Are you prepared?"

"What? End times? The heck you talking about?"

"Oh, you will know it when you see it!"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 11, 2014, 05:49:28 am »

"I love dinosaurs! I like the T-Rex the most! Have you seen Jurassic Park?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 11, 2014, 06:01:59 am »

"I love dinosaurs! I like the T-Rex the most! Have you seen Jurassic Park?"

"Uh... no. No, I haven't."

"I have, but only in my dreams."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 11, 2014, 06:03:40 am »

"Oh...loser. So, who are you? And what are you doing here?"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 11, 2014, 06:06:33 am »

"Oh...loser. So, who are you? And what are you doing here?"

"I'm, uh, Paul."

"I'm Father Peter! Now we just need a Mary in here, eh?"

"I kind of lived here... not so sure now. I guess I'm guarding this place?"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 11, 2014, 07:49:19 am »

((Wait I'm confused. Is the speech in red the Jesus imposter or the old man?))
Dying of laughter?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 11, 2014, 07:50:47 am »

((Wait I'm confused. Is the speech in red the Jesus imposter or the old man?))

Red is Hungry Pete, brown is Paul the Jesus Dude.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 11, 2014, 11:28:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 13, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »

Larry, having obtained a better plan from his book than his ol' pal Halesey could ever come up with, tries to activate his breath of divine gentlemen's literature.

"Screw your plan.  The book says I should summon lots of hats.  And divine literature.  I want summa that literature, dammit."

[Larry's affinity roll: 2+1]

He clears his throat, and then it happens. He feels something suddenly appear in his throat and shoot outward - he opens his mouth reflexively, and he sees a magazine of some kind fly out, the whole process feeling like a cough. It flies through the air a moment, then lands on the ground. From his vantage point, he can see a few things about the piece of gentlemen's literature. For one, it seems to have a picture of a topless woman on the cover, an eight-pointed star emblazoned atop the image. And above that, there seems to be a title - 'Behind Heaven's Doors #4'. It's odd, though - Larry can instinctively feel there is more to the cover, something can't see from here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 13, 2014, 03:12:50 pm »

Larry eyeballs the magazine.  "Works for me!"  He bends over to grab it.

Peruse magazine lustily.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 14, 2014, 07:49:09 am »

"Hmm. Just one? Please inform of us of your findings, dude."

Summon hairy mafioso barrier. Try to request that said barrier protects the magazine from people other than Larry or me.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 14, 2014, 01:04:31 pm »

Larry is quite interested in the magazine lying on the ground. Perhaps a bit too much for his own good, really. He grabs the thing and starts perusing it, only the tiniest sliver of self control preventing him from letting his mouth swing open.

"Hmm. Just one? Please inform of us of your findings, dude," Halesey says, mildly disappointed. He tries to summon a barrier of hairy mafiosi once again.

[Halesey's affinity roll: 5]

As per the will of their master, a line of hairy mafiosi materialize around Larry in a protective cordon, looking very watchful and not distracted by the gentlemen's literature at all. Better guards you couldn't get even if you looked.

Larry, meanwhile, is quite excited by his findings. Namely, the fact that the woman on the cover is prominently featured in the magazine itself in the middle of various scenes - half-naked atop some sort of temple Larry doesn't recognize, completely naked in front of what appears to be a court of shades and demons, almost naked while committing acts of grisly violence on various groups of people, and many variations in between those themes. The woman seems supernaturally, bewitchingly beautiful to Larry, and it's all he can do to not just gawk at her continuously and obliviously. Seriously, he's seen pretty girls and beautiful women in his life, though not usually up close or in person, but this is something else entirely. Leagues beyond what he thought possible, really. What he's looking at is perfection itself. Judging from the various captions along the way - captions that appear to be written in an alien language at first, but become readable within a few moments - the woman is apparently named Inanna. And boy, are there a lot of images of her here. There's a way greater picture density in this mag than Larry would expect, to be honest. And the centerfold of the goddess is absolutely exquisite - something Larry would be unashamed to post on a wall, really.

He is interrupted in his appreciation when he flips a certain page - the fifty-sixth altogether. Judging by the text, it seems to feature somebody else - Tiamat, the text indicates. As for the goddess featured... erm... well, she has a tail, a thigh, lower parts which shake together, a belly, an udder, ribs, a neck, a head, a skull, eyes, nostrils, a mouth, and lips. She also has insides (or possibly entrails, Larry isn't sure), a heart, arteries and blood. And... that's all he can really say about her. Now he feels all confused and unsettled and whatnot. He flips forward, realizing there's no fewer than 22 pages of Tiamat here. Good gods. He decides to skip all that, and get to the next feature, which seems to be of the rather dark realm he previously spotted in Inanna's section. This focuses on a much grimmer, less strikingly beautiful woman who seems to be named Ereshkigal. She is altogether less naked in pretty much all of her pictures, and yet there seems to be something about her that piques Larry's interest. The look in her eyes, he thinks. It seems quite compelling. Almost as though she's actually looking at him, in fact. Before it gets too creepy, Larry shuts the magazine. He thinks he's seen enough.

All in all, this magazine seems to contain a great deal of material - much of it superb, some of it extremely creepy. And all of it highly fascinating in its own way.

Mr. Lee's Pawn Shop is, in a way, the center of the Lower Esplanade. For one, it's quite a landmark of a building - one of the oldest buildings currently in the city at a whopping 427 years old, and holding up rather nicely despite its great age. It's also a very popular hangout for the non-affluent and unsavory residents of the Lower Esplanade, which is to say most of the ones actually walking out in the street. But most of all, it's an establishment run by Mr. Lee, who is by all accounts a man you should listen to, or so common wisdom goes. He's been getting on in the years, and nobody really remembers what it was that made him so famed in the neighborhood, aside from the rather old, who don't seem willing to say. Regardless, he seems to have projected a reasonable aura of respectability in the neighborhood, even if nobody knows why exactly one should respect a man in his fifties who hardly leaves his store or home anymore.

He's so averse to leaving, in fact, that very few people who don't frequent his store have actually seen him for the past couple of years. Within the ever-broadening category of people who have never seen the guy are Mr. John T. Deschutter, Mr. Samuel Bornhast and Ms. Clair Malk. Evidently, though, he knows who they are, though, as they are greeted by a strangely identical sight when they each exit their respective homes in different parts of the Lower Esplanade this strange Saturday evening - a tall, dangerous-looking black man dressed in fairly nondescript street clothes looking straight at them. Before any of them can say anything, the men give a message.

"Hey, Mr. Lee wants to see you. Follow me."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:07:29 pm by Harry Baldman »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: January 14, 2014, 01:50:32 pm »

"Fine."
Follow.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: January 14, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »

Mister Lee, you say? Mister Lee...misterlee...." he slowly looks up the the man, saying the next word as if it were an earth-shattering revelation. "mystery. Oh yes, lead the way my good man, I have a feeling this can only end in adventure."

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 244