Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256196 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: The Making of a Sanctum
« Reply #255 on: October 01, 2013, 10:03:02 am »

((Can we tell if the disturbance is there or higher up?))

Yes, it does seem to be within the fourth floor's confines.

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #256 on: October 01, 2013, 10:49:41 am »

((Plot Twist: It turns out Kat's dinosaur rain summoned the raptor from my game and they are now loose in the city ;) ))
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:17 am »

((Plot Twist: It turns out Kat's dinosaur rain summoned the raptor from my game and they are now loose in the city ;) ))
((RTD advertisement, capitalism has finally taken over Bay12))

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:43 am »

~"Hey Mr. Book...do you know I'd feel as if there was someone or something rooting around in my headspace? Can I get some plot exposition?"~

Action: Ask the book what might be sneaking around in my head...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: October 01, 2013, 11:12:54 am »

”Hmm, a locked door in this place? Pretty suspicious. If you haven't got a better idea Larry, I suggest we blast it down and get in there. I figure there's two ways - the potato way, and the musical garbage blast way. Or, you know, we could look for the keys. But that'll take time.”

Prepare my mind to blast down the door. Assume my magical blasting position - feet apart, eyes concentrating on the door, and palm outstretched. At least 20 feet away if space permits. Don't blast it yet!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: October 01, 2013, 12:08:57 pm »

"Go for it, man.  If there's trouble, I can mucus or golem it."

See if I can assist Halesey with his spellcasting.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 01, 2013, 12:29:55 pm »

Kat, not sure if she likes suspicious presences within her mind, tries to ask her binder companion if it knows what's going on.

~Hey Mr. Book... do you know I'd feel as if there was someone or something rooting around in my headspace? Can I get some plot exposition?~

~You can get all the plot exposition ya want, baby... within certain limits, y'know. I can tell ya that the thing you saw in yer headspace - that was somebody ya know. I think it was one of yer buddies. Side effect of magic, baby. One of many, actually. The mind ain't as private as ya might think anymore.~

Meanwhile, Halesey stands at the locked door, confident that what he seeks is behind it.

”Hmm, a locked door in this place? Pretty suspicious. If you haven't got a better idea Larry, I suggest we blast it down and get in there. I figure there's two ways - the potato way, and the musical garbage blast way. Or, you know, we could look for the keys. But that'll take time,” he tells his faithful companion.

"Go for it, man.  If there's trouble, I can mucus or golem it," Larry replies, ever the champion of the cause of crushing lack of subtlety.

Halesey, having been thus validated, assumes a standard casting stance, readying himself to channel the raw power of musical garbage toward the door. Larry, for his part in things, carefully adjusts Halesey's posture, moving with him in a manner that would be perceived as vaguely homoerotic were it not for the direness of their need. Every few moments, Larry steps back, experimenting with a motion he judges to be appropriately blasty, then making sure Halesey repeats it to his specifications. Several rounds of such activities later, Larry would say that Halesey is ready. In fact, he's more than ready. Barring extremely bad luck, he would bet that the sheer moxie and chutzpah he has bestowed upon his woefully untalented yet supremely willing warlock-in-training would be enough to bring down a whole lot more than a mere door, at least until the dude forgets what he was doing and tries to summon a potato vortex instead.

All in all, Larry appears to have the makings of a true casting coach in him.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 01, 2013, 12:55:06 pm »

Oh, man... this definitely updates faster than I can look. :/

Enter the building. Inconspiciously. Look for other trouble-makers and the distortion that is, no doubt, caused by them.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 01, 2013, 01:13:22 pm »

~"Oh. Is this considered a bad thing? Should I try to remove...him? Her?"~
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 01, 2013, 01:14:54 pm »

"Let's get blasting."

With preparation out of the way, assist with actual blasting.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: October 01, 2013, 01:15:23 pm »

~Depends, babe. Some don't like it when they can be troubled by their buddies, though most say bein' able to trouble 'em right back is worth the hassle, y'know?~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: October 01, 2013, 01:21:44 pm »

((Potatoes or musical garbage?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: October 01, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »

((NO POTATOES))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: October 01, 2013, 01:25:45 pm »

((aww))

Apply Musical Garbage Blast to the offending door! With maximum prejudice!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: October 01, 2013, 01:34:51 pm »

~Depends, babe. Some don't like it when they can be troubled by their buddies, though most say bein' able to trouble 'em right back is worth the hassle, y'know?~

~"So you're saying I'm unconsciously connected to the others like they're connected to me? What can you do with this 'trouble'?"~

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 244