Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Game Over!  (Read 161539 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 6 - Day 3 solves metaproblems
« Reply #570 on: November 18, 2013, 04:28:01 pm »

Max: Why are you missing my request on you paraphrasing/expounding on your N1/2 results? Why are you ignoring me like Caz? Because that's how I feel.
Because pages and pages of text and it is easy to forget something so worthless to reply to.
I told you my inspect results, I gave you the flavor, what more do you want? Shall I write it as poetry?
For in the waters edge I see
Through fate a possibility
The kind soul that can only be
The one that we call NQT

Yet another casts a darker scene
A creatures acts most foul and mean
A darkness in the waters gleam
Persus works against our team

There, I paraphrased! Does that help you in any meaningful way? I sure hope so...

Max: Meph's "New Role" is one of the roles in the OP, not a newly created role.
Oh, really? Because you know a few posts after he very specifically says otherwise. What do you know about the new role that we don't?
It does? Really? O_o
Really? Do you?
Still, both these possibilities depend on the unknown new role...
Meph: Does the previously unseen role have to be on the front page, being something that could have been in past games, or is it possible it is totally unseen?
It is a role that could have been in past games (It's always been in my script) but not necessarily one on the front page.
Well that settles that then.

He's basically clammed up since Imp's counterclaim.
Honestly?
I have been caring a lot less about this game since claiming, best I can expect to do is live until tonight to absorb the night kill. You guys have my inspect results, if you can't lynch scum from that you have to suck pretty bad.

And really, what has there been for me to reply to over the last few pages? It has just been people trying to spin something about a redirect when I'm a type of mystic and don't get redirected. That isn't a thing that happens. The only possibility is that the new role can mess with inspects, but that couldn't happen to both myself and Imp in the same night.

I've explained the logic of how this works, but if you guys suck then what does it really matter to me? Either way my game is over, the priest already decided to blow his load all over the first pretty body he came across.

And anyway, Risk of Rain is a really fun game.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 18, 2013, 04:32:35 pm »

Meph:  Can role 'Illusionist' players redirect actions which do not involve their target 'leaving the house' to make the target's action happen?

Toony:
@Imp:
I'll be repeating Jim here but if you want to lynch NQT why aren't you voting him?  Why are you staying on Max?
Jim and Toony:
@Imp:
Why are you staying on Max?

You guys can bandy all your theories about until you're blue in the face, but keep in mind that while you're doing this you're also ignoring the people involved.

I'm not ignoring 'the people involved', specifically not ignoring Max.  My -vote- is the main attention I'm paying him given his silence, but -another- reason I'm voting Max is to help ensure that the person I think is most likely to be Scum is lynched.

I don't think -most- players in this game find my case on NQT completely convincing - certainly not convincing enough to switch their votes to NQT.  However, other players -are- voting, here and there, for people who are neither Max nor NQT.

If I switch my vote from Max to NQT, that's another vote removed from someone I am -most certain- is Scum, and since I'd be the only one voting for NQT at that time - it's not a move that will remove a player whom I believe poses a greater risk than 'the most likely Scum'.  Switching my vote to NQT -may- make it more clear what I think of him than my words do - But I -refuse- to weaken a lynch of most certain Scum.

I -do- agree the odds of this game having a converter are low - but of all of us, the one player that's given me repeated uncertainty of 'could this one be a converter?' is NQT.  He also appears highly Scummy to me, though Max's claim of being a Seer and my inspection of him showing Survivor makes Max own the top of my Scum list so NQT is 'merely' second - but second with a big 'what if that is a converter role he has?'.

Everyone:
For the record - I do not believe that there is a known role which can redirect players who do not 'leave their homes' in order to do their actions - and certainly specifically 'Illusionists' cannot - because of the description and limits stated in the wording of all but one Illusionist night action PM - and that 'one' was a [null tell leaning "physical only"], not a contradiction.  I posted those role PMs and night actions before - I do so again in the spoiler below.
Toony:
If Max survives we can use his Seer ability

Full stop.  Toonyman, how much do you believe what you just typed?  In order to believe that statement you have to believe that Max truly is a Seer, that Max did not lie.  Is that what you intend to say?

I mainly had my vote towards Max because Imp backed up Persus, but that's about it.  There could easily be some form of manipulation and I do not like this feeling.  Max's actions after inspecting NQT make sense too.

Meanwhile there was no mafia-kill N1 (if we assume Persus' attacker was a hunter) which means could it be that Persus is scum knight?  This is my conclusion anyway.  It feels more right.

Full stop again.

Note I am not 'backing up Perses' - my claim is my claim and I claim it because of my actions and their results.

I have no idea what Perses is.  I have not inspected him.  I neither support nor don't support Perses's claim - my pure challenge is that Max is not any flavor of watcher - not any flavor of anything except 'survivor', thus cannot be a Seer.  Thus his reported results are lies.

I have already said there are two things I think is most likely about Perses (and there's a third thing I think so unlikely I never mentioned before) - given that we have a confirmed 'sword-strike-like' kill from the condition of Nerjin's body D3 - Perses told the truth about the type of damage that a type of proven night kill attack might do before there was public proof of that kill style.

Thus he knows something about that attacker - the weapon-type.  This 'proves' either:

That he's either actually been attacked by the sword-wielder (he really is a knight, but could be Town, Scum, or Third).

That he IS the sword-wielder (He did not have to attack himself (which might actually kill him) - he could find out from his role PM or from a question PM to Meph what his kill style is - and then make a reasonable claim to have been attacked N1, then start killing N2).

The third one I think is unlikely  - that he's part of a team (this has to mean Scum I think) who knows that the Team kill flavor is Sword-wielder and convinced the team to withhold their N1 kill for him to create the claim that he was a knight who 'ate' the first night's kill and lived to tell about it.

I disbelieve this because it means convincing the 'team' to surrender a kill when there's no serious pressure on the team (N1) in order to create an illusion which might not be needed (giving up a kill attempt is a high sacrifice, the reward that could be gained should be similarly high) - and because there has since been a -second- kill style as well as confirmation of Sword-wielder kill style.  I rather hope there is no Team with two night kills, and I rather hope there's not two teams each with a kill - and neither has ever happened in any previous S game.  So I write the odds of this off as so close to 0 that even I can say 'nearly impossible'.

But I do not, and am not, supporting Perses's claim.  I am challenging Max's claim - which does not prove or disprove anything about Perses from my words.  And I challenge as well - that since Max is a Survivor - thus not a Seer - that all results he claims are made up, and also say nothing about the truth or falseness of Perses's claim
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:41 pm »

Ok where does it say that the Mystic is impervious to redirects (ie Illusionist-type, if specifics need be?). Or certain types of mystics are immune? Because if so..then you're also saying that Imp did catch you lying if-
And really, what has there been for me to reply to over the last few pages? It has just been people trying to spin something about a redirect when I'm a type of mystic and don't get redirected. That isn't a thing that happens. The only possibility is that the new role can mess with inspects, but that couldn't happen to both myself and Imp in the same night.

I've explained the logic of how this works, but if you guys suck then what does it really matter to me? Either way my game is over, the priest already decided to blow his load all over the first pretty body he came across.
this is a fact.
*clicks preview*
PPE: Imp.
My note above still stands. And while I do appreciate the poetic intoning...Max, you've been playing instead of caring about the everything agianst you?!
I mean, sure. I would feel the same sense of apathy if 'I'm a COP. I INSPECT PEOPLE! WHY DON'T YOU [BELIEVE] ME?!'. However you aren't even...combating those who doubt you?
Really?!
I have been caring a lot less about this game since claiming, best I can expect to do is live until tonight to absorb the night kill. You guys have my inspect results, if you can't lynch scum from that you have to suck pretty bad.
*ahem*
1 possibility is that YOU'RE SCUM, and YOU LIE//FAKECLAIMED TO GET A KNIGHT LYNCHED, and if such and such is the case, then YOU'D BE WASTING A DAY. If you're a scum knight fakeclaiming or so on, then the hunter can't kill you and the tomorrow would be doing you in. Give or take the possibility that there is a redirect/Wizard/non-kill on N1, these things MATTER.
Your SILENCE (confessed to be intentional?) doesn't HELP.
PS: You're one of the prime suspects if you didn't bother to read up.

This has hit my suspicion-scrying tool in the face. I mean, c'mon. I looked up to you before as a player and..now you just give up? That's the gist of what I got with your post there. While we're debating the notions out, you just...suck it up and play something fun (that I don't have and really dislike what you're doing). You have AN INSPECT..wait, A DIRECT INSPECT of all reasons and you're just giving it out as an 'I GIVE MY PIECE AND GO SUCK ON IT SINCE I'M TOWN' thing.    :/

Eeeyeah the prospect of you not even seeing Imp's role is more apparent to me now - if scum, and pushed on given this... apathy. But I'd stay on the side of 'I doubt this and what's going on Max', including the idea on why you'd even do such a thing if scum. Caught out? Conscience dissonance? Nothing else to say but preserve your dignity? You don't have anything to say to that who is directly opposing your face (ie Imp. Fortune Teller extraordinaire)

What's up?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:27 pm »

Meph:  Can role 'Illusionist' players redirect actions which do not involve their target 'leaving the house' to make the target's action happen?
Illusionists are very powerful. Only a select few roles can ignore their magic.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 18, 2013, 04:47:52 pm »

Honestly?

Yeah, you don't have enough fight in you to be town.

Smell ya later.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 18, 2013, 04:50:12 pm »

Tiruin: What does PPE mean? YOu've used it a lot and I don't understand what it means.

Toonyman: Love you too. Out of curiousity, prior to D3, who did you find more scummy, me or Max?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 18, 2013, 04:52:53 pm »

EBWOP

Max:
I have been caring a lot less about this game since claiming
Quoted out of context.
Since 'claiming'?
So you thought putting the claim out would seal in the deal without defending it or backing it up against any untoward allegations against you? Like, say, detailing your thoughts on Imp or such?

PPE: Jim. Persus.

Tiruin: What does PPE mean? YOu've used it a lot and I don't understand what it means.
Please read BM abbreviations.  :'(
*sniff* *sniff* *sob*
But EBWOP isn't defined there - edit by way of post

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 18, 2013, 04:55:46 pm »

I don't go outside at night, seems to me I'm just as immune to redirects as the other types of mystics.
Seriously, why do you think those roles are even bunched up together under a single banner if they don't have a few things in common? Why is it so easy to accept that every other mystic works a certain way, but in my case I must have been redirected, and lying, and also just a bad person in general?

But no, it makes more sense to you that I'm a knight, and therefor also a savior? Because that makes perfect fucking sense. The knight is most likely a survivor, protector at a stretch, but saving other people isn't in the job description, yet we can just overlook that.

What is up is spending most of the game either waiting for people to post, or being unable to post myself, therefor loosing all possible investment in it, and now I simply do not give a single fuck. The game has been going on for a while, it was a lot less satisfying than I recall, can we end this shit? Either lynch Persus so that I get killed tonight, or lynch me and do something productive tomorrow.

I have defended the claim. I pointed out how t was actually better to lynch Persus for all outcomes, but it was pretty much ignored in favor of stupid speculation that doesn't make a lot of sense. I have detailed my thoughts, they are there to read. Do you want me to repeat everything I have said today and call it productive? I gave my case, it was pretty much ignored, now you can all enjoy the same favor.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 18, 2013, 05:01:39 pm »

Please read BM abbreviations.  :'(
*sniff* *sniff* *sob*
But EBWOP isn't defined there - edit by way of post
Okay, thanks.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 18, 2013, 05:35:46 pm »

...Huh. K.

So I was a FOOL to base something out of this, then. Huh.

But let me start this thing with you and your apathy. You got a mark on Persus, aye? Meanie meanie bad malevolent.
Backed up.

That is reasonable.

I DO see you countering Imp.
Then only 3 posts later.
Here, This, and Last.

I don't go outside at night, seems to me I'm just as immune to redirects as the other types of mystics.
Seriously, why do you think those roles are even bunched up together under a single banner if they don't have a few things in common? Why is it so easy to accept that every other mystic works a certain way, but in my case I must have been redirected, and lying, and also just a bad person in general?

But no, it makes more sense to you that I'm a knight, and therefor also a savior? Because that makes perfect fucking sense. The knight is most likely a survivor, protector at a stretch, but saving other people isn't in the job description, yet we can just overlook that.

What is up is spending most of the game either waiting for people to post, or being unable to post myself, therefor loosing all possible investment in it, and now I simply do not give a single fuck. The game has been going on for a while, it was a lot less satisfying than I recall, can we end this shit? Either lynch Persus so that I get killed tonight, or lynch me and do something productive tomorrow.
Being a scum knight would be perfect. You'd frickin' lie, being oh~ a "SURVIVOR" (quote Imp) which generally pokes on those who wish to survive rather than any ability they can do (which I believe a Knight would follow out as..), and then be immune to attack during the night.

The BOLDED part, however, I see no connection therein all posts D3 or otherwise. I don't see you waiting on anyone, I see someone being lazy while we speculate and discard via analysis. The note that one of the prime suspects -who seems eager to look to the lynch (which..I classify as null given his inspector-ness but it just jives..wrong with me) being apathetic really irks me.

And then you draw the list down to..either you or Persus, not regarding Imp at all other than note (you may be lying) HOWEVER
I got the result of survivor for him, with the symbols Cup, Bread, and Cloth.  My character did not lean back and ponder this - this one was simple to her. These are simple things, Max White (refered to as a he in my PM) must be a survivor.
Now this is interesting. I can see two possibilities, either your lying for some reason (Poor scum play or a third party that needs me dead) or the inspect was disrupted somehow.
Given that Meph said that there was a role that he accidentally let in that hadn't been seen before, you might be a lyncher and this the chance you have been waiting for. I'm not going to say for sure but it is possible. The other possibility is that there is a role that changes the outcomes of inspects and either the target (Myself) or the inspector (you) got hit with it last night.
Seems like you thought of something new?

PFP - Argh why am I staying up for this if you can just play your day away >_> Will be back in about 8 hours.

Jim: You're...giving up on Max this late? Just like that?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 18, 2013, 05:46:39 pm »

I believe(d) the same.  Meph did not confirm or deny, and he did not confirm or deny that staying inside 'protects' from Illusionist redirection.

I trawled through the old games, because I remembered there was a role I saw that DID have a PM that said it was immune to redirection and blocking.  I'd -thought- it was a mystic type, but when I read it I wasn't (yet) looking for information about immunity to blocking.  When I went back and rechecked (the mystic types, mostly) for that immunity, I couldn't find it at all.

So I went back and read them all.  It IS there, in S2.  One player has previously received a PM that told them they were immune to redirects and blocks, by way of the skill of their magic (This game did have two illusionists in it, if that is meaningful... because there is a possible pattern about Warlocks and Illusionists):
Lonewolf I (town)
    You are a Warlock. You have trained long in magic that skirts the boundaries between life and death. In your studies you have learned how to speak with the dead. Each night you may visit a grave and speak freely with the one buried there. Because of your skill in magic, you cannot be blocked or redirected from this action.

So Warlocks are immune to block/redirection - or just -that- warlock was?  Because that was S2, and S1 had a warlock - but no mention of immunity - though there were no Illusionists there either.
Leafsnail (town)
  You are a Warlock, a practitioner of secret magic. Using this magic, you have learned to pierce the veil between life and death, and can speak with the dead. To do so, you must visit the grave of the dead person during the night. You well then be able to PM freely with the deceased until the morning light sends the shades back to the underworld.

Ok, maybe it was omitted by mistake - err maybe not, as S3 and S4 also had a warlock, and neither had a PM that mentioned immunity - but again, there was no illusionist in either of those games.
Mr.Person (vampire)
 You are a Warlock, a seeker of dark arcane knowledge. Each night you may visit the grave of a deceased player and speak with them. Note that you can only speak with them during the night phase of the game, and only for that night.
CrownOfFire (town)
    You are a Warlock, able to use ancient magic to speak with the dead. Each night you may, if you wish, visit the grave of a dead player. You may then PM freely with that player until the next day starts.

So!  S5 does have another illusionist.  But it had no Warlocks, and it had no role PMs for anyone which stated 'immune to redirects'.

So for me now, I say 'alright, I could have been redirected.  I think the odds are very low'.

The issue about Max (to me) is not 'was Max redirected' - but is instead 'Is Max lying'.  In order for Max being redirected to matter - first he has to not be lying.

Was I redirected, now that matters.  My answer is 'probably not.  My vote stays on Max (as I don't think a D3 NQT lynch is going to happen)'.

expression of pain and anger

...  Sorry Max.  I hope you had fun before you stopped having fun.  I also liked your poem, though I didn't like the anger thrown at Tiruin before and after it as much.  Thanks for talking to me so much before the game started, and I hope you've had fun both in your memories of your past games, and in this one before it stopped being fun for you.

I have defended the claim. I pointed out how t was actually better to lynch Persus for all outcomes, but it was pretty much ignored in favor of stupid speculation that doesn't make a lot of sense. I have detailed my thoughts, they are there to read. Do you want me to repeat everything I have said today and call it productive? I gave my case, it was pretty much ignored, now you can all enjoy the same favor.

I disagree with your conclusion that lynching who you claim to be malevolent is the best outcome for all conclusions - if you are lying lynching Persus -only- removes someone possibly immune to night kills - and I went deep last night into imagining myself Scum.  Getting Perses dead is -motivating- from that perspective.

If you are lynched first and turn out to be non-Seer... or even Scum Seer (we cannot trust Scum, period), your claimed results on Perses and NQT came from your choice to make the claim, not from any factual basis.  Perses -could- be malevolent to Town - but your word is worthless.

If you turn out to be any flavor of Watcher - even a Scum flavor - or even any flavor of anything that cannot possibly be a Survivor type (some types I don't know if they are survivors or not - Knight is one of those, but I have no idea what sort of Survivor you are) then I will be very surprised, and I will have to accept that I was redirected despite having believed that redirection is incredibly unlikely.  If that happens and if I'm still alive D4, I'll also have to accept that I'm probably about to be mislynched with reason - everyone else will have to decide if I probably lied or if I probably told the truth but my information was wrong.  If that's the case, I'll spend the day asking people not to change their vote, but not to shorten either - and to listen to my words and add their own, both in answer and in further questions to everyone - because if my mislynch doesn't end the game then that's the best help I can give towards there still being a Town win, to Scumhunt and think and speak as best I can.

But if you are not a Seer, then your claimed results are garbage and mean only what they show about your intentions.

Your intentions most clearly appear to be -lynch Perses-.

I don't believe I was redirected.  I also believe to Scum lynching Perses is extra tasty - especially if he actually is malevolent.  We may well have to lynch Perses too before Town can win - but I'm more concerned about the Scum -team- who are more likely to outnumber Town before whomever the third party killer (if that killer -is- third party, and not Town or (gulp) a second Team of Scum) (and given that I do NOT know if that killer is Perses or not).  No dice, Max.  But I'm really glad I got to play beside you.  Thanks for having been gentle towards me, even when you turned hostility towards others.  Noted, and appreciated.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 18, 2013, 05:51:40 pm »

I had fun.
I hope you don't take my posts as anger, I'm just at this point waiting for the end of the day when I stop playing for one reason or another. There is nothing left here to do. It is like playing mario and pausing right before you fall down a hole, you know it will happen sooner or later.

All of this 'Oh look! he must be scum for virtue of not picking apart every post!' is actually pretty funny, from the perspective of the guy who seem to make it his business to end games.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 18, 2013, 05:58:41 pm »

Meph: Does the Illusionist also..illusionify (heh, ok. Affect) the player as a player and not the house? As in, it affects the player..holistically? And not the darn house?

PPE Imp//Max
arghgh must. Read. Soon.

I had fun.
I hope you don't take my posts as anger, I'm just at this point waiting for the end of the day when I stop playing for one reason or another. There is nothing left here to do. It is like playing mario and pausing right before you fall down a hole, you know it will happen sooner or later.

All of this 'Oh look! he must be scum for virtue of not picking apart every post!' is actually pretty funny, from the perspective of the guy who seem to make it his business to end games.

R + select ; R + start. Save frame, load game. Or just hope where you're landing is one of those off-screen platforms.

...And no the bolded part isn't what I'm irked about. I'm irked that you..played something else, and then..well, missed a contradiction to yer point which is a HUGE accusation. ie Imp's mystic-ness and your mystic-ness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 18, 2013, 06:00:03 pm »

Also I'm..really doubting a priest/knight scumteam. What we also did, if you'd notice, is scumhunting on the third humanoid out. >.>

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 18, 2013, 06:02:18 pm »

Meph: Does the Illusionist also..illusionify (heh, ok. Affect) the player as a player and not the house? As in, it affects the player..holistically? And not the darn house?
The Illusionist targets the player in question. Anything else is simply flavor.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 56