Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68188 times)

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Full Dwarven Jacket (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #390 on: December 21, 2013, 05:08:11 am »

"From the personal log of Monitor Lizard, miner:

Today  Nuckles told me that he's going to organise a clothes production. It's great, because my cloak has been falling apart since the previous year. Most of the citizens have argued about wearing tatters, but we didn't have much time to make more dresses. I thought buying clothes would solve the problem, but we need much more shirts, robes, socks and other stuff."

OOC note: By the way, fun fact about Nuckles:

Edit: I looked through the fortress in the Legends mode. Do you remember the screen I had posted before?:

I also found a well-made enraving of Daria by Spazbot:

The second name of our Daria is not Hammerrespect. Her name is Daria Wallvales. As you remember, I abandoned the fortress right in the beginning, but I had already written in the names. It seems that we have the engravings of the alternative-dimention dwarves that came to Chamberdrums. I wonder if they can migrate back to the fortress. That would be really fun.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:22:03 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 21, 2013, 04:07:57 pm »

OOC:
lol, I wonder how difficult it would be to get an entire set of those figurines and lock them in the vault.  There would be big plot twists if one of our 'duplicates' came to the fortress.  Replacements from the King?  Assassins?  Rival gang members?  Clones?  Time Travel?  So many possibilities.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 21, 2013, 05:28:58 pm »

Edit: I looked through the fortress in the Legends mode. Do you remember the screen I had posted before?:

I also found a well-made enraving of Daria by Spazbot:

The second name of our Daria is not Hammerrespect. Her name is Daria Wallvales. As you remember, I abandoned the fortress right in the beginning, but I had already written in the names. It seems that we have the engravings of the alternative-dimention dwarves that came to Chamberdrums. I wonder if they can migrate back to the fortress. That would be really fun.

You see, after that incident with the silver bars, I had to change my name - seems the smith's guild wasn't too pleased with me calling myself "hammer-respect" when I used one to bean the book-keeper over the head when I lifted them.  What's in a name? All you need to know is that Empress Daria loves you all, according to your intrinsic worth (in silver).
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 21, 2013, 09:43:18 pm »

Personal Diary of Nuckles
5 Felsite
I heard Daria and Lizard talking about silver, but really didn't understand what it was all about.  Maybe it was some kind of code word, I'll never understand wodwarfs(women).

14 Felsite
Somedwarf named Ablel took over a crafting workshop.  I'm guessing she is going to make some new artifact.  We've got plenty of room in the vault, good luck doll.  I'd also like to note that the plug is almost ready to be dropped.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

16 Felsite
The smoke finally has cleared.  It didn't turn out exactly as I was expecting, the staircase must have kept the earth from falling in.  Either way, we're going to start pumping and see what happens.  Oh, some Elves just showed up.  Let's see if they have any drugs for trade.

22 Felsite
Grim decided to do business with the pointy-ears.  I can't wait to see what he hustles them for.

24 Felsite
Too cool!  We scored 2 bags FULL of blade weed seeds; it is time to start a new plantation!  Most of what we traded them was human sized clothes.  What losers.

Oh, some goblins are on our turf.  Too late, SUCKERS!!  We already got everything we needed from the Elves, you can have the rest... on second thought, I still owe you some payback.  Get ready to DIE

25 Felsite
I was in such a rush to kill green-skins that I forgot to put my journal down, not that it made a difference.  The fight was all over by the time I showed up.  Maskwolf's squad was first on the scene, but they were out of ammo!  Grim's gang had empty crossbows too.  Obok the Sickness got there next, and took care of business.  There are goblin arms and legs scattered all over the place... this guy is a butcher.  Anyone with a weak stomach would surely get sick seeing this, maybe that's where his name came from?  When I asked what his total is now, Obok calmly said he has 153 kills.

Sadly, our Book-keeper Eshtan got blown away, poor guy. His mother is taking it especially hard, so we'll have to set up a nice funeral.  I'm not sure if we could have saved him if our shooters had ammo?  Its a hard lesson to learn.  I'll talk to the new girl about getting us a stockpile of bolts so we can actually shoot something next time.  What-

---   ---
OOC: To be continued  :D
I noticed the wife of HissinhWalnuts is still alive, and customized her job title.
This would be an opportune time if someone wanted to be dwarfed as the butcher.  He was knocking down and blocking every bolt shot his way, and tore out a goblin's eye with his teeth.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2013, 10:03:35 pm »

Maskwolf stalked down the halls, shoving dwarves aside in her haste.  Not that there were many to shove aside.  When Maskwolf got like this, all but the newcomers made themselves scarce until she passed.  It was an unwritten agreement that you could enter any room in order to stay out of her sight.

One particularly stubborn dwarf refused to get out of Maskwolf's way as she approached.  Shoving him aside, she continued down the hallway, only to have her shoulder grabbed by the same dwarf.

"Just where do you think you're..." the dwarf began.

Maskwolf whirled around, in a practiced motion bringing her crossbow up and slamming the offending dwarf in the chest.  The unfortunate dwarf stumbled back several feet before falling to his knees, all the air knocked out of his lungs.  Maskwolf turned and continued down the corridor, in search of Nuckles, with the parting words: "I don't have time for a petty criminal like you.  Consider yourself fortunate Nuckles is the one I'm looking for.

No, she's not going to attack Nuckles, but she is going to vent at him for a while about the lack of bolts issue.  If you want to write this, go ahead, if the next update doesn't mention the interaction I'll write it myself.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Rich dwarves wearing tatters (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #395 on: December 22, 2013, 10:13:00 pm »

<<This page is smeared with dirt and blood>>
8 Hematite
There was a second gang of goblins that ambushed us.  I saw Obok go up against 8 crossbowers without any hesitation.  That guy continues to impress me.  Spazbot and I were close by and got a piece of the action this time.

One of Grim's crew, Kogsak, got cut up pretty bad by one that had a spear.  Lizard got her down to the hospital and we'll let the medics do their work.  Also an axedwarf from the Snakes of Brass bit the dust- he was right in the middle of them and got all shot up.

9 Hematite
Maskwolf marched up to me in a fury when we were outside guarding the bodies of our fallen and watching for more ambushes.  Even after all kinds of shouting she still stormed off in a whirlwind that would have sent zombies running.  If Obok and the others weren't around I just very well may have ended up dead today.  Once we are done here I'll talk to the new manager girl to see if the messenger told here about the new production order.

12 Hematite
A pump operator has reported that the upper level of the magma forge that was flooded is good to go.  Now we can start setting up for the next part.

17 Hematite
I asked Rough Rogue to be the new bookie.  I remember she had a pretty large book when she was running things a few years back, so maybe it will turn out okay.  I hope she doesn't hold a grudge from me firing her husband Ezum from being Manager a couple months back.

She is getting better with that funky sword-axe combo, I'll keep that stuff about breaking his kneecaps under wraps.

20 Hematite
I got together with our Manager girl Endok and Rough Rogue today.  Our ammunition stocks have improved, but we still need more.  With barely any bones or metal bars, wood bolts are what we will have to focus on for now.

22 Hematite
I almost had a chance to go down and check on the pump setup at the magma mines today... but a group of hardend dwarves blocked my path on the street.  I thought it was a hit squad sent from Maskwolf, she's always up to mischif.  While getting my mace ready I asked what they wanted.

To my relief they didn't want my blood, just some spears and a little armor.  They are a fight club called the “Emerald Diamonds”, and were looking to get a little practice in their free time so their skills don't get too rusty.  I gave the OK to grab some gear and use the main barracks.

23 Hematite
I was hoping a new well reservoir would hold all the water, but there is still too much.  FireCrazy will have to do some more digging so this can get pumped into the lake.

26 Hematite
Word on the street is Lizard is going by the “Mighty Tooth of Cudgels” now.  I guess it makes sense, seems like I saw her biting and bashing goblins in a fight a while back.

---   ---
OOC: I'm cool with whatever Maskwolf vs Ruhn story you want to put together.
And a teaser for next update: 2 FB have come to visit us.  I don't think they can get in, but fighting may still be required.  I'm open to ideas.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 23, 2013, 12:02:05 am »

Have you considered digging a FB pit trap with a door on one end and some furniture inside?  Just hook up a support to a cap that'll cover all exits and wait for the FB to path into the room to break crap up.  That or tether a sacrificial beastie to draw it in.  Either way, the FB gets lured into the room, then you pull a lever and a couple moments later: FB encapsulation!  Dig three rooms like this and you'll have one waiting for the next FB to come along too.  Just be sure you have a room ready for the capture for each FB caught.

If you have access to clear glass blocks, this is a great way to set up a very special menagerie.
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 23, 2013, 12:20:51 am »

"Damn it, Nuckles, get your fat ass over here."

Nuckles sighed.  He knew this was coming sooner or later, what with the lack of bolts.  Which made very little sense, as Maskwolf had ordered a crapton of them carved during her overseership.  She had made him do some of the hauling.

"Yes, Maskwolf?"

"WHAT IN ARMOK'S NAME WERE YOU THINKING, SENDING MY SQUAD OUT WITHOUT ANY AMMUNITION AND MOST OF THEM WITHOUT ANY MELEE SKILL.  ANSWER ME THAT, HMM?

"You know as well as I do that your squad used up the last of the bolts just prior to the goblin attack and that when the goblins arrived a runner was on the way to inform me about the problem.  You can't exactly blame me for that."

"YOU'RE THE ARMOK DAMNED OVERSEER YOU SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE STOCKS, NO?"

"I would have checked the stocks had we actually had a bookkeeper who didn't sit on his fat ass all day and not manage the records.  He is going to be replaced shortly."

Maskwolf glared at Nuckles for a moment... then two... then turned on her heel and stalked off.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 23, 2013, 02:54:11 am »

If those FBs are non-flying, you can use our crossbowdwarves. Just make sure that the monsters will not spew deadly dust or something. About the new squad - we can make Spazbot their captain, he is a fine speardwarf. :) And yes, Lizard got this title long ago, I am not sure when.

By the way, is Obok really that powerful? What is his axedwarf skill?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 03:28:52 am by Monitor Lisard »

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 23, 2013, 01:20:10 pm »

If I remember correctly Obok has 8 in Axe and 9 in Fighter. He must be getting a bonus from nameing his axe?

Thanks for the idea to capture the FB.  They both breathe fire, so having a shoot out might end badly.

I'll investigate moving Spazbot to the spear squad.  They are V Rusty and don't have much armor so I'm going to keep them out of the action for a while, possibly my entire turn.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 23, 2013, 10:35:20 pm »

3 Malachite
There was a little bit of a panic in the dining hall, so I limped over to check it out.  An older lady dwarf was reading Tarot Cards and yelling about a beast in the caverns?  This sounds dangerous, we can't have a monster like that getting into the hideout.

I'm not sure where that thing is, but the drawbridge for silk gathering could get us owned.  One of the masons is going to have to wall it up for now.

6 Malachite
We got the wall built in record time, thanks to Cyatica!

8 Malachite
After the new gang of spear dwarves showed up, I've been thinking it would be tight if we started a group of lashers.  I looked through every record book and stockpile and can't seem to find any whips or scourges though.  I'm pretty sure I saw somedwarf using a whip a few years back.  Maybe the old fortune teller can tell me what happened to them?

14 Malachite
When I was walking down the street there was a little gathering at one of the craft workshops.  I totally forgot about Ablel, but she made this puzzle.  I'll try solving it one day, but for now there are some projects to wrap up.

16 Malachite
A kid ran up to me today and said the Tarot Reader had some bad news.

Lizard, Grim, and some of the others were already at her room.  I liked Daria's plan of trapping the beast the most, FireCrazy and the other miners have proven their skills already with controlled cave-ins.

When we were leaving the meeting, Grimmash reminded me that our cheese stocks are quite low.  He's been helping out with those clothing orders for a while so letting him go down and get working on that seemed like a fair request.

It looked like his finger was giving him some troubles.  I can relate, some injuries just refuse to heal.

24 Malachite
Vutok the miner looked a little shaken when he came up from the forge project today.  Said he heard ungodly crunching and banging coming from the door to the caverns.  The fortune teller must be right, there's a monster down there and it is powerful.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 26, 2013, 09:13:57 pm »

2 Galena
Since we have so much extra water flooding the forge still, plans are in motion to pump some of it into the magma so we can mine more adamantine.  That will solve 2 problems at the same time.

7 Galena
We moved the last of the Adamantine into the new vault today.  It's locked up safely behind one of Cyatica's masterwork doors.

10 Galena
We pumped some of the water into the reservoir for the new well near the magma forge I wrote about a while back.  The well just needs to be built now.  Progress is steady for the well at the main dining hall, but there is a little more work to do still.

14 Galena
Humans came to trade.  Let's get those counterfeit coins ready.

16 Galena
A Kobold thief was spotted at the gate today.  Right after one of Grim's men shot it in the foot, a were-beast ran right past it and into the fort!  I was surprised that our rock fall traps didn't injure it more.  Luckily we were able to lock it up before it got too far.  Then it changed into a human boy.

Thanks to some good shooting the Kobold filth is dead.  We will deal with the human right after the traders leave.  I don't want them to get the wrong idea about what is happening and end up... having an accident.

25 Galena
I'm satisfied with the trading with the Humans.  We got lots of good stuff, including bolts, leather, cheese, meat, fish, and animals.  Grim passed off the fake coins again without any problem.  We would have bought more cheese, but he decided it was time for some archery practice and walked off.  No matter, the Humans probably need some extra time to pack up all the junk clothing we sold them.

This trading post front is working out OK, I just wish the mountain-home liaisons would take a hint and leave.  Having those 3 sneaking around really slows down our illegal activities.  It's going to be hard to explain if they catch us putting crossbows at the bottom of the craft bins.

---   ---
OOC: Merry Christmas everyone.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2013, 02:44:31 am »

I'm just curious how my hand got injured.  Any ideas?

Your dwarf is in the militia, in the main melee squad. I was thinking about relieving him from duty because Grimmash is only a dabbling axedwarf. It could have been the fight with the prisoners, the wall accident, a fall from a ramp (a bunch of dwarves were injured falling down a ramp while building a gallery above the aboveground farms), or a combat injury.

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 44