Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

King Melbil has arrived with his queen consort. There are also many relatives of the king currently living in the fortress. What should we do?

Kill the king, but leave queen consort and relatives be.
- 0 (0%)
Murder the king and his wife, leave other members of their family alive.
- 0 (0%)
Kill'em all!
- 0 (0%)
Other variant (in comments)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44

Author Topic: Dorfday: The Heist - The Finale  (Read 68531 times)

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
  • Fond of drink and laziness
    • View Profile

Mal 5.

Holy magma crab! How could a little girl catch a fey mood in all this mess?

Hm. Not really little, huh? With her eighteen she is older than some of our workers! She may be cursed with eternal childhood... Well, let's see what will she create. Another useless trinket I guess, these brats never craft anything useful.
Mal 9. Migrants! Only three kids of ten beards this time. Maybe the Mountainhome ran out of these brats? Anyway, come in and join our tantrum party!
Mal 16. A-ha, the overgrown brat started the work of her life.

What do we have here? Bones, logs, stone, pig iron... Let me guess. Another bone amulet? Or pig iron toy boat that can't even float? Or... ah, screw this. I can never guess what kind of shit would they call the artifact next time.
Mal 21.

Oh really? Ziril, I think you really exist! An useful artifact! Let's see...

Nice pants. All these spikes are pretty good to kick somebeard's ass. And she placed the image of king on the back of it. That's a good example of how much we respect the king here in Chamberdrums: he's a real asshole. Good job, girl, good job.
Gal 12. What the -

Humies? I wonder when we managed to fall aboard with them... Well, they're welcome. We'll meet them with our best toys. Are you ready, Suicide?

Their leader... What a weirdo. I heard that some humans from the northern countries use bears as pets, but I've never seen them before. I wonder how the polar bear meat tastes.
CHAAAARGE!!!

Is that all? Pfff... I thought that height does matter. Nobeard even got a scratch. Unfortunately, the bear corpse was too mutilated to butcher it. Well, we can always wait for another human siege.
Gal 28. A giant bug was spotted down in the caverns.

Nice shell. Somebeard would make a pretty set of armor out of it... but we better let it be. It shows no danger for the fortress. We better move on to more important things.

OOC:

Gray Dwarf is dorfed as a spearmaster from Nuckles' squad.
Grim is alive, one of the previous overseers must have pushed it off the broker position. Now he's back.
Spoiler: Here is Obok's desc. (click to show/hide)
If losing is fun, then what should be winning?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard
Legendary (+5) Keyboard Smasher

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Carefully planned regicide (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #556 on: February 06, 2014, 12:59:19 pm »

OOC:
@Rough Rogue:
Nice job so far preventing death by tantrum, maybe our hideout will still survive.
May I ask what the new injuries to Nuckles are?
For the Blade Weed: we might have lots of the plants to mill still.  There was a seed shortage a while back that I guess is still going.

OOC:

Gray Dwarf is dorfed as a spearmaster from Nuckles' squad.
** That 1 legged spearmaster is basically Nuckles' best friend now that Spazbot is dead, but I think Evilsx wanted a different dwarf:
There's three axedwarves, a speardwarf and a hammerdwarf. All are Competent in their weapon skills and all except the hammerdwarf are Novice in Shield/Armor User and Dodging. The hammerdwarf is Adequate. Two of the axedwarves are the mason and the weaver and all the rest are farmers.

EDIT: A dwarven child had a craftdwarf mood. Can I do the planepacked exploit on it? I've always wanted to try that :3 Please?
Ok, Can the next Overseer make the hammerdwarf into "Grey Dwarf" and put him/her into the military

Welcome, PlayingGood!!

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Carefully planned regicide (Players are welcome!)
« Reply #557 on: February 06, 2014, 02:03:54 pm »

There's three axedwarves, a speardwarf and a hammerdwarf. All are Competent in their weapon skills and all except the hammerdwarf are Novice in Shield/Armor User and Dodging. The hammerdwarf is Adequate. Two of the axedwarves are the mason and the weaver and all the rest are farmers.

EDIT: A dwarven child had a craftdwarf mood. Can I do the planepacked exploit on it? I've always wanted to try that :3 Please?
Ok, Can the next Overseer make the hammerdwarf into "Grey Dwarf" and put him/her into the military

Oh yeah, I missed that. By the way. I updated the OP and added Grey Dwarf's biography.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 02:07:19 pm by Monitor Lisard »
ML's forum games and other good stuff

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

PlayingGood

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok's laugh
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Here is Obok's desc. (click to show/hide)

Thanks you.

Welcome, PlayingGood!!

Ty, really loving the story, couldn't resist joining in the fun.

Will of Obok

My sparring session was interrupted by shouting that a siege has come.

When i arrived it was a human and his armored polar bear that looked ready for thrashing, the fight was over quick but my memory seems to come and go lately, so when i get the chance to reminisce about the days long past, i take them.

Pulling out a small stash of prickle berry wine, which when aged correctly tastes like golden rays of sun on an azure day of deepest summer, i poured a mugful and began remembering one of my earliest memories.

As a youngdwarf i would go camping in the southern tundras with my uncle, he would usually leave me in the safety of the cabin while traveling great distances to find the sparse bears that lived amonst the barren wastelands of the arctic.

One day while out chopping wood to feed the fire, i spotted a monster of a bear, its pure white fur was blotched in blood and its fangs extended down giving him a saber tooth on each side of his mouth.

It's eyes were ice blue as it hungrily came towards me, i smelled death in the air. Grabbing the axe i had been cutting the firewood with i advanced towards the creature. We moved rhythmically towards eachother, like two minecarts on the same rail coming together for a glorious clash for Armok.

With one powerful swipe of its claw, i was laying in a puddle of my own blood. Struggling to stay conscious, as the snow melted from the warm red liquid that was coming from my wound. I reach downward to my leg and retrieved a dagger made of steel, it was nothing more then a skinning knife but it would have to do.

As the monster came pouncing down upon me i pierced one of it's eyes, it roared and tore another wound into me with its fangs. Never for a second did i fear death, never did i feel defeated, only anger rose up within me, anger like i have never felt before.

I crushed the bone handle of the dagger further into the eye socket and roared like a lion. The bear loosened its fanged vice on my rib bones and went completely limp. I struggled to remove the large fang that was stuck into my side, and crawled my way back towards the cabin.

Looking behind me a trail of blood, like a red carpet, flowed towards the door i was crawling to. Once inside, i lay upon the bearskin rug and slept. When my uncle arrived he cleaned my wounds and gave me large amounts of rum for the pain. For months i was bed ridden healing and recuperating.
*Create potion of immortality*
*Potion Created! Drink potion*
*Immortality gained!*
*You have lost your soul!*

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

May I redorf him before the year ends? But I don't know if that hammerdorf is still alive within the tantrum spiral.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Nuckles' wounds (click to show/hide)
Some of the dwarves including the new Chief Medic are still tantruming, so treatment may be a little late.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I took Grim off broker, because he would never go to the depot.  Always training, and readjusting the schedule seemed a bit much.

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Nuckles' wounds (click to show/hide)
Some of the dwarves including the new Chief Medic are still tantruming, so treatment may be a little late.

Actually, most of these are old wounds, exept for that scratch on his hace.

This artwork relates to the killing of the troll Ozyydif Kuilat by the cheese Eritoy Awexog in the early spring of 71

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

OK, we're fine.  That injury to Nuckles' beard happened quite a few years ago.  Probably at the same time he lost his leg.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Journal of Grim, denizen of Chamberdrums

Glorious times have fallen upon us! Blood coats the walls and death stalks the weak! I have been avoiding my fellows here in favour of hunting the mad and foolish!

Despite the joy of my solitary hunts I must confess however that I miss my time as broker. Maybe I'll find my old haunts...

I returned to the rest of the fort, much has changed since I threw myself into my training. Some for the better and some for the worse. I shall see what is what and who is who these days. Who knows? Maybe blood and coins are still to be found in plenty in this place, flowing through the veins of opportunity.

who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Not that carefully planned regicide (Players are welcom
« Reply #565 on: February 08, 2014, 06:36:30 am »

Lim 7. Today we were sparring with the Emerald Diamonds in the barracks, and after that one of the speardwarves called her spear Flashmusic the Group of Bitterness.

A strange name. But it's not me who could talk about strange names, right, The Suicide of Ensorceling?
Sns 5. Migrants. Six beards and four beardless brats. Useless. All of them are useless, though two are said to be good with hammer. We already have an almost invincible army, so two newbie hammeredwarves are not needed. But we do need haulers and stoneworkers for one of my projects, so you're welcome. I wonder when the caravan from the Mountainhome will arrive. I think we can give them enough gifts to lure the king here and buy enough cheese to bury him.
Sns 8. Wait, what is this pot? Never seen it before.

OH SHI-
I have no words to describe this... arrrghh! I was sober like a sheet of crystal glass for half a year! I ever won a battle while being sober! And ALL THIS TIME it was here waiting for me!! Armok, why did you punish me so bitter?!!
I need a smoke... But I vowed to myself that I will never touch any weed! Shit, what a dilemma... To smoke or not to smoke, that is the question.
Ahh... screw this. The weed already killed Spazbot and I don't want to be next. I lived without the stuff for half a year, so I think I could live without it some more.
At least now I know where I can always get a supply.
Sns 11. What the heck?! All the blacksmiths in the whole fortress continue to complain that they have no lead to forge a minecart.

When I asked them who ordered this, they rolled their eyes and said nothing. We have no lead and we have nothing to do with minecarts, so you can get the heck out of the forges!
And one more thing. I saw it just now. One of our artifacts is a statue depicting the queen. And she is definitely not a dwarf.

As if the vampire mayor was not enough! I afraid of the day of her arrival in advance.
Sns 13.

Oh, another artifact panties coming soon? I hope there will be no image of queen on it.
Now he screams that he wants logs, cut gems, plant cloth, metal bars,rock blocks, tanned hides... Is it only me who thinks that this guy wants too much? I don't think he will make it, but at least we can try...
Get me a manager, quick!
Ah, I forgot... The manager is dead, and now I'm in this business. Shit. This is too much for one poor dwarven head!
Stop. We already have all of it. Over a hundred rolls of rope reed cloth, several logs that were not burnt to charcoal (those idiots must have forgotten that we have magma-powered metallurgy now!), tons of blocks of different rock and tons of bars of different metal, a stack of hides and enough gems to make the dragon explode with envy. So I have a question: what the fuck do you want now?!
Tim 2. And another weird creature came to greet us.

Armok's beard, it STINKS! It must be the spirit of miasma or something... Somebody plug the gap in this fortification!
Tim 18. A caravan from the Mountainhome! I thought they won't show up. So, guys, would you sell us some cheese?
And with the caravan came thieves and snatchers. I thought we drove them off years ago, but they still attempting to steal anything - or anybeard. Honestly, I would be happy if they helped us to get rid of the dorfsplosion aftermath, but the merchants would not like it and they could advice the king not to leave old Mountainhome. So I sent Monitor and her squad to guard the courtyard. It's a pleasure to order the baroness, y'know... But I think that she'll strike back at the end of my year.
Tim 21.

Goddamn greenskins, couldn't they wait for a week to attack? Anyway, the Tundras of Metal are on guard. They can't pass.
Monitor and others didn't even raise their crossbows. The caravan guards beat the goblins to dust. Tough guys. I wonder if they ever will migrate to Chamberdrums.
Tim 27.

Thought so. The dumbass managed to die of thirst underwater. I wonder what he needed. Well, now he needs nothing at all.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I suspect that the current ruler is a dwarf and the moon horror is a former queen. I recall the necromancer I killed was a former queen as well.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll check the legends later.

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

RoughRogue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dorfday: The Heist - Not that carefully planned regicide (Players are welcom
« Reply #568 on: February 09, 2014, 05:32:08 am »

StoMns 7. It was a great deal! We got rid of all these rags and bought lots of useful goods instead. Actually, Grim managed to buy almost all the stuff the caravan had and even offer something to the king. Mwhahah, the crowned asshole will get a heart attack when he'll see our offerings. Tons of smelly tattered socks! You should have seen the look on the traders' faces... but they took it. I think they don't like the king very much either. Or was it because of Grim's bad habit to twirl his armed crossbow  on the index finger?
Mns 10. We have too much animals. They breed uncontrollably and eat too much to feed each of them. All these puppies, piglets, lambs and leverets are certainly cute, but too much cutiness is turning into one disgusting fluffy wave. I ordered to slaughter most of them, leaving only a pair of each species for further breeding. Maybe we should expand the pastures to get enough food for them, but reducing the number of hungry mouths looks better to me.
But shit... I can't look at this.

Mns 20.

Farewell, guys. I'll wait for your cheese next year.
Now Chamberdrums is fully recovered of the tantrum spiral and is inhabited by 141 beard (including 53 beardless brats). Everybeard is fine, except the dumbass clothier who couldn't move his ass to collect ingredients for the artifact. We have new clothes, new food and new booze, and good old weed. What else do we need? He he he... A king to kill, of course!
Mns 27. The merchants aren't going to leave!

What the heck? They have our garba... I mean, our offering to deliver to Mountainhome. What do they think? Maybe they liked Chamberdrums too much?
Ah, right. The liaison is too slow for our Monitor. She is always on her feet and he just can't catch up with her to get her signature on his tablets.
Opl 6.

At last. Monitor looked relieved when this guy finally gave the nod to the caravan. See you next year, trashmasters!
After the liaison left, Monitor turned to us and said: "Let me introduce myself". At first I thought that she's gone crazy, but then she continued: "Kubuk 'Monitor Lizard' Alathkokeb, The Mighty Tooth of Cudgels... the countess of Chamberdrums!"
For a minute we remained silent and slack-jawed. Then the whole hall burst into applause and congratulations. She just stood and enjoyed it, looking incredibly happy.

Holy carp... now I have a countess under my command! Man, this is great... When else could I get such opportunity?!
Opl 24. Oh, another forgotten beast. I get another one every season. Is it a seasonal beast migration? Looks like a game of "collect them all".

It must be our mayor's daddy. We could make the family reunite, but that slicky bastard will run away from his cell at once. It's better not to take a risk.
Obs 2. One of the animal trainers went mad and claimed a craftsdwarf's workshop on the upper level. Somebeard told me that he is possessed by an ancient craftsdwarf's spirit and is going to make an artifact. I hope that craftsdwarves of ancient times didn't call trinkets as artifacts.

Stones, stones, stones, bones, cloth, gems, logs and... adamantine?! Holy carp, this artifact must be most precious in the whole goddamn universe! But if it will be another wooden scepter with a pair of adamantine spikes on it, I'll kill the guy. We don't have so much adamantine to waste it like this.
Obs 11. A-ha, greenskins are here again. Are they so stupid that they can't understand that it's useless to attack Chamberdrums? Or is it their way to deal with goblinsplosion?
Anyway... Slay 'em, guys! And I have... more important overseeing stuff... yaaawn... to do.

What? Oh, I see.
I told you that I'll kill you, sucker?!! You better run, so I could hit your back!
Obs 16.The siege was broken, but we've lost two beards. Grimmash got his right index finger infected, Maskwolf got both her legs cut open, and there's also infection in the wound. Nuckles's head wound was infected too. Our chief medic is a lazy bum. Won't she do anything about it?
And another good news: the merchants moved out at last. They sat in the depot for more than a month, and now they're gone, leaving behind some goods that were not stored yet.
Obs 28. I've done all that I wanted to do. So now I can just wait until the year ends.
To future overseers: don't search for me in my former quarters on level -3.

Look deeper, on -139. Keep out of the weed stockpile!

Or even deeper, in the new crystal moss lab. Nuckles and me are often to be found there.

Also, I expanded the graveyard in case of another tantrum spiral. Now it can accomodate several fortresses like ours and at least three nobles including the king along with the queen (a round burial chamber in the bottom). Baroness Countess Monitor Lizard's tomb was restyled, as well as her quarters near our barracks. Hope she liked it.

So, it's already first morning of year 139. I'm gonna give this book to the new overseer. I still don't know who will be it. Like a game of "guess who". Hm... Right. First one who enters my room will get the overseer's chair.
Oh, somebeard's already knocking at the door!
"Come in whoever you are! I have a gift for you."
Spring has arrived!
Press X to get save
OOC: I forgot to screenshot the fortress status. Not a lethal fault, is it?

Adept Mechanic
Adequate Bookkeeper
Novice Drunkard

Monitor Lisard

• Bay Watcher
  • You're a big lizard.
    • View Profile

Wow, you did a great job saving the fortress from tantrum spiral... Man, I wonder how Lizard reacts to those new suites of Roughrogue. I guess I should make her a champion.

So , anyone willing to take a turn? If not, I'll do the second intermission.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:48:05 am by Monitor Lisard »

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44