Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 232

Author Topic: Space Thread  (Read 289122 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Space Thread
« Reply #1140 on: October 10, 2015, 08:22:52 pm »

Wow, that ending.

That was actually a good watch, and very conclusive. Attacked it from a different angle than most people are used to.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 11, 2015, 05:06:36 am »

I want to try something like coloring the photos.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 11, 2015, 06:22:40 am »

I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 11, 2015, 11:33:31 am »

That was a pretty good video, I agree. In particular, the ending
Even the avatars expire eventually.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 13, 2015, 05:43:35 am »

Apparently Russia wants to join in on the Star Wars.
Starting april this year, for a period of 5 months, a unidentified Russian satellite has positioned itself in between two US communications satellites, closing in to a distance of only 10km, which in space terms, is classified as "extremely close and potentially threatening to the proper functioning of the communications sattelites."

Apparently, this is the first time ever that a commercial satellite was visited by a Russian satellite.

Attempts made by American authorities, who had been alarmed about the situation by Intelsat, to contact Russian authorities about the matter, have only resulted in silence.

It is speculated that the sattelite's mission was either to intercept data transmissions, or to practice maneuvering to take down sattelites.
Over the past few months, more Russian sattelites have been observed to execute maneuvers that resemble combat training for anti-satellite operations.

Space flight expert at the Technical University of Delft (The Netherlands), Eelco Doornbos states that "the observed operations could imply that the Russians are practicing how to maneuver military satellites quickly and efficiently to new locations."
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 13, 2015, 05:53:22 am »

I bet they hooked in some cables and are now stealing all your HBO.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 13, 2015, 06:56:51 am »

PTW IIIINNNN SPPPPAAAAACCCCCEEEE!!!!!!!! ;P
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: October 13, 2015, 03:23:09 pm »

inb4 Kessler syndrome

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 13, 2015, 04:24:54 pm »

I realize no one is being serious right now, but some of you might be and should watch this video. You should also watch it if you're not being serious. It's pretty great.
Why did you link that? I'm now involved in three arguments on Youtube.
Why did you read youtube comments? Nothing good has ever sprung from that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 13, 2015, 09:28:05 pm »

Im not an intense tinfoiler but I... we all know the governments lie to the people they think they control, from affairs, murder and policies being slipped through.
So to say we cant go back to the moon because of budget is a lie, bacterial life exsits in the frozen continent and the moon has water cycles.
Bacterial cannot be killed at kelvin, all it needs to survive in space is a casing to protect from space rads and it can hibernate.

We have the tech to travel to it, Im positive people are willing to be adventurers and risk life for discovery.
So why dont we go back there! Mars is a suicidal goal until we use non liquid explosive fuels.
If I say it enough it will be adressed
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 13, 2015, 09:34:33 pm »

...you just claimed that the moon has liquid water and bacterial life.
...Yeah.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: October 13, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »

Way to read, haha
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: October 13, 2015, 10:03:06 pm »

Way to read, haha
Are you being serious? If no, then use [sarcasm][/sarcasm] tags because it is hard to tell sarcasm on the internet.
If yes, then what proof do you have of bacterial life on the moon? (We already know that there is water, just search lunar water on google) But the water is in no way part of cycles. The pressure on the lunar surface is 0. Which means that water would evaporate into gas and be blown away by solar wind. As for life, life is probably one of the most complicated things in the universe, and moon is certainly not the prime place for life to form. Also, bacteria cannot just "hibernate" indefinitely because the laws of thermodynamics state that the cell would degrade and some elements required for repairs are impossible to find floating around in space.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: October 13, 2015, 10:50:39 pm »

I never claimed bacterial life is on the moon.
Life isnt complex.
Nothing is

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: October 13, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »

So to say we cant go back to the moon because of budget is a lie, bacterial life exsits in the frozen continent and the moon has water cycles.
The context around your statement of bacteria is the moon. It sounded like you thought there was a frozen continent filled with bacteria on the moon.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 232