Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1089707 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4215 on: July 03, 2015, 03:18:50 am »

Alan looks over while waddling over to go outside.

"Oh right, we were talking, right? Say something!"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: July 03, 2015, 03:32:42 am »

"'Tis the end of our "battle"!"

Blast him into the floor repeatedly.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: July 03, 2015, 03:46:33 am »

Zechariah hears Alan call out to him again unexpectedly. As he is about to lie down, he turns around and blinks.
I thought he'd forgotten about me. He seemed to have an awfully short attention span... and besides, my whining is not worth anyone's time.

He fidgets around while he tries to remember what he was about to say. "Um... what was it again.. oh, I remember now. I was gonna say that yes, you are awesome, and I'll probably never reach that level. I agree with that." He laughs halfheartedly. "But, seriously... I've tried to ignore it and just trudge through. That's why I'm not dead or why I haven't given up yet. But it's... it's extremely difficult to continue. I feel like me just caring is not enough, because anyone can do that, and I don't really seem to be having a positive impact on anything. Besides, just caring isn't going to help us survive these missions. And... and.. Zechariah exhales, frustrated.

"I just feel so goddamn worthless, and I can't just shake that feeling off. It's probably a lot easier for you. But things just stick to me, and never go away. I just want to have a positive influence on other people, to make even the smallest difference to improve the quality of life for others. That's all I ask. But I'm not even able to do that. And that.. that's just going to consume me for the rest of my life. It's... the closest thing I can compare it to is a self-hatred." Zechariah looks down, not sure as to how he wants to continue. After being silent for several moments, he speaks again with a quieter voice.

"I'm sorry. I know I'm just complaining over nothing, but you wanted to know, so.."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: July 03, 2015, 04:06:11 am »

Alan shrugs.

"I think you're just going too harsh on yourself. You can't go and get all the achievements and rescue all the people and get all the bonus trophies, you're not Korean after all, so you just gotta keep chugging along. You'll get your chance to do cool stuff eventually."

He puts his hand on his chins in contemplation.

"Maybe you need ehnacn- ecnah- enhancement - encouagement! No one ever probably told you good job or whatever. Therefore I, as the most responsible person here," he pauses and lets the gales of laughter from an undefined source dramatically wave his hair back, "Will take on the role of your personal upbeaterer good mood coach. So I decree it, it shall be."

He toddles up to Zach and pats him on the head a few times in an extremely awkward manner.

"Good job."

He stands there in front of him, a vaguely happy monolith of manchild.

((That link is relevant this time))
Sig! Onol

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: July 03, 2015, 04:50:33 am »

« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 05:04:26 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: July 03, 2015, 07:19:25 am »

Does the kill need to be confirmed by one of us or is that something that you'd tell us if it happened? Say, we explode the place guy is residing within, would we need to dig through the rubble for giblets or would you just say that all's well?
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: July 03, 2015, 07:27:34 am »

John scratches his chin, then raises his index finger theatrically:
"Aha! Got two. Is amount of wins needed decided by you on case-to-case basis or fixed? Do you have any other reasons for these games except of entertainment?"

Go to briefing after answers.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: July 03, 2015, 07:44:05 am »

Jettison all of my biomass to confuse my foe, becoming a cockroach. Lose everything except the acid. Then, quickly scuttle away from the lump of biomass undetected, and crawl into the elevator.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: July 03, 2015, 11:08:45 am »

My mom keeps her ketchup out of the fridge and she's a germaphobe, so I trust her judgement on the matter.  That said, still wouldn't want to eat it straight.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: July 03, 2015, 12:05:25 pm »

Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:26:29 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: July 03, 2015, 03:05:21 pm »

"Agh... well."

Head over to somewhere important, or mission briefing, or whatever you need.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: July 03, 2015, 03:17:27 pm »

Zechariah just stands there and blinks, not sure how to react for a few seconds. Then, he simply shrugs.
"I suppose... it would be worth a try."
Well.. no, don't think negatively. Negativity kills.
Accept the help, because you're probably not going to get much more.

Zechariah nods in earnest, saying, "Thank you, Alan. I'll try to.. improve."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: July 03, 2015, 08:50:08 pm »

To everyone currently wearing a communication wire: <Shh! Something above us, be ready to run or fight.>

Draw my sword, be quiet and hidden.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: July 03, 2015, 09:43:33 pm »

"Good! Be the disco ball you were meant to be!"
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: IT KEEPS HAPPENING!!!
« Reply #4229 on: July 03, 2015, 10:35:51 pm »

Campaign

Theri
Is this all a dream?
A dream within dreams?...
Oh...oh its not.

Sentient thought echoed within Theri's mind as she recalled the first memories since she had met River--the short yet vast time she spent before she came into his world. What had occurred happened at the speed of thought: So vivid, impactful and solid, though also carrying a fleeting and yet ever-present gist. She remembered how it felt when she knew of this world--moving towards the light. She felt reality once more.

Looking up at River, she gave him a smile. "Hi River. You're as much a wolf as I know a wolf. I missed you too. I missed my friends,"  she said, pronouncing the greeting with a fatigued and slightly cracking tone, disappearing wholly as she took a deep breath.

"I...don't recall much. Where is the brown fox?-..err, I remember Irine has a brown hue.Irine! " Theri blinked. She recalled what had occurred in a time that spanned only a yesterday for her. "Irine! Ike? Where are they? Are they alright? Where am I and-oh...I'm naked."

The Kitsune glanced at River, then back at herself. The awkwardness of her response was lost to her, and would be easily misunderstood if it wasn't for the ability to think out loud.
"Do I look alright?" I think I was hurt and-...

Inquire! Get situational awareness.
"Oh!" River says and looks away. "I am sorry. I forgot."
He lets go of you and uses a chair as support, making his way closer to it and then sitting down. Looks like he has hurt one of his legs, because he makes an effort to avoid having it touch the ground. He continues talking more quietly.
"You... you look allright. Do you feel allright? I... I think you should be allright. Is there something you need?"
He lowers his head, no longer looking at you.
"The others are all... alive. They chose to stay behind. In a temporary shelter. But I told them where to meet us later."

Gonna wait a bit so that others have time to respond to NAV's post, since it could change some actions. I'm assuming you all have your CommWires on.

Final Round

My mom keeps her ketchup out of the fridge and she's a germaphobe, so I trust her judgement on the matter.  That said, still wouldn't want to eat it straight.

((A matter of taste I suppose. Got a friend that eats those ketchup packets they give in fast food places straight.))

"'Tis the end of our "battle"!"

Blast him into the floor repeatedly.
You're about to obliterate your downed foe when he suddenly breaks down. Not psychologically, he literally starts braking down, melting, dissolving into something with the consistency of a gel. Before you can properly parse what's going on, a small furry grey thing bursts out of the gel and dives under the fallen stalls, heading towards the elevator.

You fire a very powerful blast, trying to hit him, but somehow manage to completely miss him, instead obliterating a few of the lights on the ceiling, causing them to come crashing down on the floor and the area around you to become darker.

Chasing that guy around is tiring.
"I'm getting terribly old for this shite."

And then everything starts shacking. The lights go out. There is a loud bang and the store-front windows implode into the store, accompanied by the panicked screams of the people in the store hit by the glass shrapnel. Cracks start forming on the walls, pieces of rubble and lights smashing down.
"Terribly terribly terribly old for this shite."

Jettison all of my biomass to confuse my foe, becoming a cockroach. Lose everything except the acid. Then, quickly scuttle away from the lump of biomass undetected, and crawl into the elevator.

OOC
Semi-relevant to this turn
I was asked to write a description to this game. I think "where cities are destroyed on a regular basis and any non-immortal NPCs are in constant and grave danger of dying" should be somewhere in there.

Gotta go. I'll do the rest tomorrow.

Do submit--the GM needs sleep though. He is organizing his sleep. x3
I work slow and do my best work at night, what can I do?
The day is my enemy, the night my friend, like the Prodigy say.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:40:22 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 521