Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1089026 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: After the End
« Reply #6060 on: May 21, 2016, 12:27:07 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Have you tried howling?" Ike asks of Theri. "Works well enough for wolves. And River's totally magical too, so him hearing you doesn't even need to make any sort of physical sense."

Suggest helpfully. Irreverently pocket the soul sphere again. Proceed along toward DESTINY.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: May 21, 2016, 12:32:18 am »

"Right, follow me, Rickman!"

Bumble along beside friendos
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: May 21, 2016, 12:39:00 am »

"I thought that he'd just gotten frustrated with us taking so long and run ahead, that's part of why I've been pushing so hard for us to keep moving. I... I don't know if I can find him or not. Um, he's your Entity, do you have something to back up your feeling? Could it just be anxiety or do you have some kind of link with him telling you something is wrong?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6063 on: May 23, 2016, 05:36:26 pm »

Disclaimer: Three-headed Joe Ltd. and its affiliates bear no responsibility for you actually dropping dead due to events including but not limited to misuse of equipment, proper use of equipment, Solar Flares, dirty peasants, sky leopards or Death. Limited time offer only applies to certain products. Filthy Rifundians may pay extra, be enslaved or eaten.
I see what you did there.

Rune-bear backs up. Growling, he takes on another change. He drops to all fours, and attempts to form two cannon-like orifices on his back. He creates acid-sacs inside his body, connected to the cannon-like body parts. Out of these, he will be able to spray acid.

In the meantime, he ejects more caustic gas to cover his retreat.

You should bear in mind that bear is a word that sentences of the English language commonly bear. It bears the significance of something that bears something, like a layer of ball bear-rings. So you should probably bear with me, as many more bear words will be brought to bear.

Has the word bear ceased to bear any meaning yet? If not, then you should bear the bear with a bear bear bear. Bear bear?
Hope for another RME. Fire all my weapons with enough range at my opponent.
Rune transforms into acid Blastoise. William transforms into chainsword-wielding Cthulu.

Rune starts slowly backing up while preparing an acid volley, his oversized organic cannons trained at his enemy's centre of mass, making him look like a walking mortar platform mated with a fire engine. William however has already spent a turn preparing and is now ready to rock. The limbs that were until recently hugging the wall pull back (and take part of the wall with them), getting ready for a strike, full of spikes and spinning death. And at the same time, the limbs that were close to the ceiling begin unfolding like flowers, glowing with as liquid light starts dripping off of them.

The tentacle-like limbs slash through the air, the walls, the support collumns and anything else that gets in their path, causing the building to shudder and debris to get sprayed everywhere. By some miracle, Rune is able to back away and hide behind a support column. The column itself breaks like a matchstick, its absence causing the roof to sag dangerously. But the strike is high while Rune hides low, allowing it to pass over him. However, he is not so lucky when the ranged attack hits.

The spray of liquid light distorts the air as it flies through it, leaving strange patterns behind it. Where it lands, it converges into blobs, like mercury. Though they do not hit him, they are everywhere around him. Sparks fly between them and they vibrate, faster and faster, a noise building up. And then they explode into a wave of sound that strikes Rune like a punch in the gut, slamming him against the remains of the collumn he was taking cover behind. Sound is replaced by ringing, sight by blurriness, sensation by pain. He's definitely broken something... A lot of things, actually. It's hard to get up and if he does he's certain that keeping his balance won't be any easier: everything is spinning. And he's coughing blood. On the plus side, he's now full of acid (not the trippy kind, the melty kind) and his enemy has much less armour now.

William, meanwhile, begins recovering from his attack while admiring the results of his Dubstep bomb.

<Loving this fight. Getting those old monster vs monster film vibes, where people in silly suits fought in cardboard cities.>

"Sit tight.  Might have something for you here..."

Let's go with a more active defense system for the car; controllable shields, point defense, and the like.  Put a control console on the "passenger" side.  Instruct her in use.  Edge closer with whatever concentration is left over.

"You can handle defense.  I'm sure you're interested in staying alive, against whatever the target's going to bring to bear."
"What?"
"Red's energy dissipator, turn knob to adjust dispersal wavelength, push to activate, blue's active defence, use stick to adjust direction and press to engage. Shared capacitor, 500 millisecond burst, 10 second recharge. Press yellow to overload, release and detonate main capacitor."
"What?"
"Red anti-laser. Blue anti-missile. Protect self. Yellow releases bomb. Last resort."
"Wwhat?"
*sigh* "Don't make me quote Pulp Fiction."
"What?"
You don't think she'll be very helpful, although she might react if you yell a command at her, if you're lucky. Or you could control them yourself, but then your driving would suffer. Even now that you were focused on creating these you were forced to slow down.

<You shouldn't force poor helpless civilians to fight for you! They didn't ask for this, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. They could get hurt. And that's terrible!>

"... Somehow, that outsider is catching up to us, and making a big scene as he does so. And there's a drone paying a visit."

Watch out for any attacks pointed towards us, and please don't do anything to anger that drone.
Your van keeps speeding towards Central as your opponent gets closer (it's gotten quite close now and its driving has improved somewhat, it will be right next to you in about a minute at this rate) and the drone keeps scanning the area. Suddenly, the drone's engines cut off, its lights turn off and it disappears from the senses of sight and sound the vortexes provide to you. You have a bad feeling about this...

<Auugh I Need A Map - After The End>
Let's just say 'exit cannon before it explodes'?

Also, do I have some sort of line to an entity or...

<Ahem?  Is there anybody, like, watching this or what?>
<Yup. We're all here. All watching.>
<Well, we're 'watching', but there's not much to hold our attention here.>
<The voices will never leave you.>
<May I help you with anything?>

As for ways out, there's sliding on the inside of the cannon, there's climbing the various beams that form a ladder and there's searching for a service elevator.

((Keep reading.))
((Well shoot, I completely forgot this existed for a couple of days, had to go to someone's graduation, lots of other stuff too, sorry. Am I still good to pick up where we left off?))
Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
The moment Bryan senses his target running away (it takes him a split second longer due to the strange echoes his target is producing) he runs after him. He catches a glimpse of him, hastily climbing through the support collumns, makings his way down and around the cannon's shell. He raises his pistol and shoots, but the round bounces of the cannon's internals instead. The bullet makes a hole in a coolant pipe, causing the boiling liquid to spray outwards and freeze everything close to it. Startled by the burst of cold air that hits him, his mark slips and falls a couple of metres before he hits another support, knocking the wind out of him but at least stopping his fall. A moment later the coolant leak slows down and stops, cut off by automated systems. But it has already formed an area full of freezing metal and hard-to-breathe air between the two.

Kosak Durar, After The End:

*sigh* "Okay then... Let's MOVE ON TO KICKS!"

Kicking of the worm intensifies. Preferably in the midsection.
You kick the worm on its side. It's not very effective.
The worm flicks its body, throwing you against the curved wall of the containment tank, knocking the wind out of you.
The worm launches itself at you, it's torn mouth flapping grotesquely. You prepare to kick.
You kick the worm at the head... just as it opens its mouth. It bites.
You look at your leg. You look at the worm's mouth wrapped around it. You look at your leg again. Yep. The worm bit it.
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-"
You start vigorously kicking the head of the worm.
"Let go! Let go! Letgoletgoletgoletgo!"
The worm doesn't budge. It holds on, still biting and pulling, even with a broken and torn mouth.
"LET! GO!"
With that inspirational shout, you kick he worm hard enough to create a new hole on its head, completely shattering its mouth.
Ah. Free at last.
"My leg! Not yours!"
Which apparently got really close to becoming its leg, judging by the depth of those bite marks. Better not put too much pressure to it, lest you lose it permanently.
Okay, so let's just carefully extract yourself out of the- Huh. What the- Your leg is stuck in its head.
And now its still twitching body starts slowly sliding down towards the bottom of the container. It's losing traction with every inch that falls in the hole it came from. Any moment now it's going to start speeding up, dragging itself across the wall and into whatever dark hole it came from.
And you're stuck to the thing.
"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu-"

Back to the crossbow. Chase. Murder.
CRUSH! KILL! DESTROY!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
<Svajoklis, After the End>

"Our only grace is that it is so slow. I Can't see shit but I know the way by heart."

Help Limpy hobble, see if we can get to the elevator. With any luck, he had the sense to close his eyes as he ran and has somewhat better vision of things than I.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now having Irine's possible attention, and happy that Ike seemed somewhat OK with her thoughts, Theri decided to ask her more magically-inclined friend some particular questions.

"Hey Irine, I've had this feeling nudging my side for quite some time and I- I feel that River's disappearance smells like foreboding. Figuratively. Any way you can sense him out for me?"

Let's get to moving! Be forward scout if possible!
Campaign, Ike!

"Have you tried howling?" Ike asks of Theri. "Works well enough for wolves. And River's totally magical too, so him hearing you doesn't even need to make any sort of physical sense."

Suggest helpfully. Irreverently pocket the soul sphere again. Proceed along toward DESTINY.
"Right, follow me, Rickman!"

Bumble along beside friendos
Rickman follows you on foot for a while. Then it tries riding on your back, with predictable results. Then it simply resorts to flying.

Your group makes its way around the crash site and keeps following the road from a distance, same as you had been doing the previous day. You keep walking as the sun continues its journey across the sky, moving forward until Alan suddenly stops and launches a stream of cutlery towards the road.

Everybody stares at Alan.
So! Do I win? Alan asks enthusiastically, completely ignorant to the stares he's getting.
Ah. It's probably too deep for them.
There was a fork in the road. I put more there. Alan explained.
Not much enthusiasm. Hm. Whatever.
So, do I win?

Map reminder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuho80wos3v75x2/general_map.gif?dl=0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 06:07:00 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: May 23, 2016, 05:43:47 pm »

Rune-Blastbear rolls out of cover, roars, and fires cannons. Hydro-pump!

He opens his mouth, and speaks in a half-speak half-roar.

"I just can't bear to take another hit. I feel bear without any cover. Hopefully you will soon come to bear the effects of my attack."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: May 23, 2016, 06:01:50 pm »

((Don't forget to exercise your right to bear arms.))

"Just... hit the color button when I say so!  Watch, and you'll get it!"  <And oh please; when have you folks cared about such things?>

Now let's just close in.  If closing to less than 10 meters, start shooting.  If defense is required, shout out the correct instruction and hope.

((Upgrade tree idea; some sort of machine multitask mode))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: May 23, 2016, 06:06:21 pm »

"The drone is stalking something now."
Keep the driver informed about any dodging decisions he should be making.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6067 on: May 23, 2016, 06:12:18 pm »

@Toaster: You could always create an intelligent machine and have it make decisions for itse- ROOMBA FLASHBACK

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: May 23, 2016, 07:01:53 pm »

I take out the map and look it over, showing it to the group whilst pointing out where we are and the choice we have to make.

"I... I think the northern path would be better? They're more villages on it so there's probably more food and water in the surrounding area. A straight road like that southern path has after the mine is the kind of thing you'd only see in a featureless plain or waste. That's just a guess though. The mine might be a good route too."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: May 23, 2016, 07:10:56 pm »

@Toaster: You could always create an intelligent machine and have it make decisions for itse- ROOMBA FLASHBACK

Alas, my power is balanced by the time it takes to summon things.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: May 23, 2016, 07:15:22 pm »

KOSAK DURAR, AFTER THE END:

"GRAAAAGH! YOU'VE REALLY DONE IT NOW! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!"

Kosak... crawls into the thing's mouth? And starts punching it apart from the inside?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: May 23, 2016, 09:33:23 pm »

<Well then.

Any of you guys care to point out the way out?  Without charging me for it.>

Uh...Flee harder?  Can I shoot him with the thing?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 05:57:35 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: May 23, 2016, 11:49:30 pm »

<Svajoklis, After the End>

Hide and sneak. Sneak around cover and try to keep it between me and the terminator expy. When/if elevator arives, toss a flashbang, get in and go to the bottom floor.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: May 24, 2016, 12:09:51 am »

Alan, Decisionmaker

If people don't come to an agreement, perform my patented choosing process of spinning around until I fall down vomiting and then go in the direction I'm closest to facing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: May 24, 2016, 01:00:55 am »

WMD, After the End
"What was that? I could bear-ly understand it. Now bear with me for just a moment, I'll try not to make this unbearably painful. And to think, if you had agreed to cooperate with me, we would have left this place a bear-en crater by now. Oh well. Hey, if this whole 'entertainment for entities' thing doesnt work out, maybe we could go to Japan. I could work in adult films, and I'm sure kids would love to try and catch you all.""

Finish him off with the weapons. Keep hoping for a helpful RME. Hope my defences are effective against any last-ditch attack he brings to bear. William uses Flail!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 521