Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: The Court of Colors | Renascence | Town Win  (Read 114417 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XLIV: Day 2 has begun | Act II: Unraveling
« Reply #315 on: January 13, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »

Fixed! Was busy modifying when you posted. Thanks! :)

And I just started a new page. :I
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:12:56 pm by Tiruin »

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 13, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »

Makeinu was just about confirmed.
What do you mean by this?

I haven't seen him before... and he may just have thrown his partner under the bus.
How does the first part matter? And is it relevant in any way to the second part?

In my opinion, Nerjin seemed to be trying to tell makeinu that spending time trying to get Sinlessmoon to play was useless. I think its still possible to vote a lurker and still focus on the active players, where you'll most likely get more valuable information. Makeinu posted several times trying to get Sinlessmoon to play, and I just think Nerjin found this to be a waste of time. Nerjin didn't seem to linger on Sinlessmoon, which may be because he wasn't here, but that's what I think he meant.
Good point, after rereading that, I think I'm agreeing with you.

1) confirmed to be lynched

2) I do not know his style really

WELCOME IMP AND WOLF! WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU MOVED IN, AND THE GAME THUS FAR.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 13, 2014, 10:45:50 pm »

I am a silly fox and rawr :I
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:47:47 pm by Tiruin »

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 13, 2014, 10:51:06 pm »

Hey all!  Posting from work.  College started today, work is ongoing, but my life is more or less getting back on a manageable track and staying there.  I get off work in a bit less than 2 hours, but I have been keeping up with the thread and I'll be posting later tonight.  Saw I was in, saw this question, so starting now.

WELCOME IMP AND WOLF!

HI SUPERBLACKCAT!  GLAD TO PLAY IN A GAME WITH YOU AGAIN TOO!

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE PEOPLE YOU MOVED IN, AND THE GAME THUS FAR.

Gembot should have posted more, but that goes for all lurkers.  Game itself is interesting.  I'm glad I get to experience being a replacement and see if its very different from being a starting player.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 13, 2014, 11:07:11 pm »

Just remember, I will be watching all of you.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:51 am »

Alright, you two. The people you guys replaced were about 5 seconds from being lynched. My decision on that has yet to change.

4maskwolf and Imp:

What are your initial thoughts from Makeinu's flip as scum?
What are your reads on everybody thus far?
Who do you find most suspicious right now? Why?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2014, 02:14:38 am »

Quick IC post, don't have time for more just yet.

One of the dangers you all face when dealing with heavy lurkers is falling prey to Confirmation Bias, commonly called tunneling because you get tunnel vision. You miss seeing things that are plain in front of your face because they fail to uphold what you already believe to be true.

Scum can use this to their advantage very easily, and will.

Question your preconceptions, reevaluate your assessments, all the time. Don't be afraid to be wrong.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 14, 2014, 07:54:05 am »

Alright, you two. The people you guys replaced were about 5 seconds from being lynched. My decision on that has yet to change.

4maskwolf and Imp:

I'll be wanting to se your answers too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 14, 2014, 09:49:57 am »

I'll post my answers to those questions by 10 pm forum time, I've got a lot on my plate today.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 14, 2014, 01:57:19 pm »

Silly me! I forgot about Persus in my reads yesterday. :P

Persus: I highly doubt you're scum at this point. Although makeinu's recent IC advice made me rethink everything, I still find nothing really scummy about you. Your vote on makeinu seemed very solid and you quarreled with him quite a bit.

Superblackcat:
Well. I'm slightly suspiscious of MOWE, he wasn't really active, and when he did come, Makeinu was just about confirmed.

I haven't seen him before... and he may just have thrown his partner under the bus.

Infact, any of the active people could have done that, but more likely Persus and MOWE, since me and mastah did it before it was 'popular' :P

The reason I became active is that I'd been afraid to say anything and after Nerjin urged all of us on, I reread the thread and started to form my own opinions on people. I didn't just pop in, vote, and leave. I've been continuously trying to stay active since then.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 14, 2014, 02:53:08 pm »

4maskwolf and Imp:

1. It's good we got a scum the first time through, but we can't let up the hunt.  There is still one more scum out there, and if I read the OP correctly he/she is the more powerful of the two, when it comes to abilities, as he/she can seek out the power role(s) that the town still has.  Of course, I could have read that wrong and we eliminated the other mafioso.
2. I'm posting this before having read through absolutely everything, but I get the impression that mastahcheese is town: his questions seemed rather pointed and he was the first one to be highly active on the thread.  Imp, I have my eye on you, and MOWE, because he came in at the last minute and suddenly became active.
3. I just answered this question while answering the previous question.

Another thing to take note of is the fact that with one mafioso dead, the other one will be incapable of bussing anyone else.  Without a more thorough analysis, I don't know what to make of this, perhaps you all could figure something out.

Now, MOWE: Why were you afraid to say anything?  Was it that you didn't want to be painted as scum, or, as I suspect, that you are scum and wanted to lay low until everyone lynched your buddy?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 14, 2014, 03:09:53 pm »

I think makeinu was a good catch.  I didn't like his willingness to policy lynch combined with his 'I'm more IC than player' posting stance (my thoughts on lynching lurkers are they are a necessary choice, -unless- there's a more likely Scum choice.  People that cannot be read and will not act may or may not be Scum, and if that read is the scummiest read in the game, -then- you lynch the lurker(s), but you talk intently with everyone and get a feel of everyone who is interacting, then you make your choice.  My thoughts on an IC - lead by example.  Be what a player should be, absolutely and totally - I'm very, very hard on ICs who do not do this... witness my play BM42 towards Deathsword and especially Tiruin who replaced in for Deathsword), but I wasn't highly suspicious of makeinu until I saw how he reacted to mastahcheese's challenges about why makeinu would recommend limiting a player's weapons, and makeinu's dodgyness about addressing the challenge of how he was showing the Scumplay he described.

I guess, being Scum, makeinu did do what I expect an IC to do.... but he did it backwards.   That's not exactly the sort of lesson I think an IC should teach either - then again, I'm unfit as yet to be an IC myself (per Jim, who has the experience to know), so maybe I'll come to understand I'm wrong about what I think about IC behavior as I learn more.

I'm posting from work, fell asleep at my computer last night as I was trying to reread the thread and make my post.  Got 10 hours of sleep last night, bodes well for me being awake enough to be alert and able to play tonight.  The time I can take from work comes in little snippets, not so good for proper rereading and deep focus.

A brief, partial answer:

I worry about Nerjin's style.  He started it, that I know of, three games ago and after being lynched D1 for having defended another player and having not really appeared to have been Scumhunting very much (Nerjin was human that game), and I worry that he uses this style as 'armor' now.  He's not 'taking risks', he's not reaching out and interacting much, he's not setting the level of example I expect an IC to - granted, I'm learning more and more how life can interfere with play.

I'm bothered by 4maskwolf's opening comment.  Glad he said some form of 'I am here', but that's essentially all he said.  Aha, and I see as I was typing this he's posted more, that helps.

I'm most comfortable with mastahcheese's approach and playstyle, when I read a game I'm not in I try to pick someone's perspective as my own.  mastahcheese has been 'me' for me this game before I knew if I was going to replace anyone.

All I've got time for now.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 14, 2014, 04:35:12 pm »

Wolf:

As I've stated in earlier posts, I was afraid of looking like an idiot. I've only been a member of this forum for like two months. I don't know anyone and it's scary as hell. But with the encouragement of the other players, I'm not so afraid anymore. If I end up looking like a total ass, well at least we all get a laugh and I learn from it.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 14, 2014, 05:17:16 pm »

Wolf:

As I've stated in earlier posts, I was afraid of looking like an idiot. I've only been a member of this forum for like two months. I don't know anyone and it's scary as hell. But with the encouragement of the other players, I'm not so afraid anymore. If I end up looking like a total ass, well at least we all get a laugh and I learn from it.

I just checked your profile, and it confirms your entry date to the forum.  While that is certainly a reasonable answer, I have not been a member of the forums much longer than you have, so I'm not necessarily inclined to remove my vote.  However, should that be the case, I have found that this is one of the nicer forums on the internet, with a few exceptions, so don't be concerned about putting yourself out there.

Imp

My lack of a greeting was due to the fact that my hard drive got fried on my computer, so I was posting from my iPod touch.  I've been posting the longer updates from school computers, but I should get my computer back today or tomorrow and be able to take a more active role.
What about you?  You seemed QUITE eager to post as much as possible, despite obstacles.

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 15, 2014, 02:25:19 am »

Sinlessmoon:
I haven't heard much from you recently. What are your thoughts on Makeinu's flip? Who do you think is Makeinu's buddy? You planning on going on he offensive at all this game?

Yeah, I haven't had much time recently, what with exams coming up. Gotta crack down on some assignments!

As for that, I thought Makeinu would be scum; just one of those things that nags at the back of your head, and he seemed very eager to draw suspicion onto other players. I'm thinking I might go on the offensive soon, consider casting my vote on some suspicious people.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38