Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169768 times)

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 8 - Alpha V0.1 Download
« Reply #330 on: January 09, 2014, 07:09:43 am »

What's the demonic attorney gonna do? Is it like, gonna summon an undead phoenix?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #331 on: January 09, 2014, 07:14:30 am »

currently it does this:
The Demonic Attorney buys souls in exchange for favors from the underworld. You can buy poisons for 1 soul, rare shrooms and wood for 2 souls, vermin-hunters for 3 souls, blood goats for 5, hounds and nightmares for 10, a shadow hound for 15, fell cinder or shadow beasts for 25 spouls.

Poisons can be applied to any arrows you have.

Devilkin are small, flying devils that hunt vermin.

Nightcloaks are bat-like demons that hunt vermin.

Blood Goats are domestic animals that can be milked for blood.

Hellhounds, Cerberus and Nightmares are fire-breathing guard animals.

Shadow Hounds are strong fighters and can be war-trained.

Shadow Beasts and Cinder Beasts are the best fighters you can buy from this workshop.

Special items are the Eternal Rose for 50 souls, which unlocks the High-Ritual Workshop: Eternal Rose, and the Tome of Sator for 100 souls, which unlocks the High-Ritual Workshop: Square of Sator. Both can be created by your own research in the libraries as well.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #332 on: January 09, 2014, 07:41:09 am »

Actually, why not make attack spell circles grant interactions that are not restricted by LINE_OF_SIGHT?  That should allow you to have a civilian warlock inside casting spells on enemies while the soldiers outside do the fighting.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: January 09, 2014, 07:43:59 am »

What's the demonic attorney gonna do? Is it like, gonna summon an undead phoenix?
Do we have phoenixes in Masterwork?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #334 on: January 09, 2014, 08:03:11 am »

Actually, why not make attack spell circles grant interactions that are not restricted by LINE_OF_SIGHT?  That should allow you to have a civilian warlock inside casting spells on enemies while the soldiers outside do the fighting.
I do plan on those for the late game. but its fort wide than.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: January 09, 2014, 08:12:36 am »

If we don't, we should.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: January 09, 2014, 08:27:53 am »

If we don't, we should.
For some reason, I think phoenixes would fit the Taiga Orcs best due to the fall of their golden age thing in the demi-fluff and their resurgence. But this little statement should be in the Orc thread. Bad Gamerlord.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #337 on: January 09, 2014, 08:38:35 am »

If we don't, we should.

I have made creatures that (sort of) revive themselves when killed, and with minor alterations they could be given a fiery effect as well.  Too bad creatures can't drop their own fertile eggs as an itemcorpse.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #338 on: January 09, 2014, 08:41:19 am »

Phoenix are in the game as a megabeast, and can be revived in the Megabeast Kennels/Necromancers Altar.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: January 09, 2014, 10:37:29 am »

Not sure this has been mentioned before but here's some issues I've noticed while testing:

Citizens "constructed" at the graveyard or necromancy altar don't appear on the military lists to be drafted.

Summoned pets like the black monolith and the soul wisp are hostile to "wild" undead, resulting in their immediate attack and destruction by supposed allies.

Summoned pets also don't appear on the Z-tab for butchering/training.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #340 on: January 09, 2014, 11:13:44 am »

I am aware.

I cant fix this issues with summoned creatures, its the same with the Townportal and dwarf mode. I am just hoping for a fix in the script at some point. The pets I can make friendly to undeads, thats not a problem.

Summoned pets can still be butchered by viewing the creature directly and permitting it. No need for the unit list.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: January 09, 2014, 12:07:49 pm »

If we don't, we should.

There are firebirds...which are technically related to phoenixes. And I hate them. They constantly torch *everything*. I now build my forts in deserts and glaciers just to combat the things.

I'm not fond of anything that uses fire except me. Particularly common wild animals.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:10:01 pm by megahelmet »
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: January 09, 2014, 02:40:34 pm »

So no one knows what a necromancer tower has for a graphic in map mode in Phoebus? :<

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: January 09, 2014, 02:46:01 pm »

So no one knows what a necromancer tower has for a graphic in map mode in Phoebus? :<

They should look like a purple or pink I.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 9 - Alpha V0.1 Download
« Reply #344 on: January 09, 2014, 03:04:57 pm »

Dev Log - Day 9

I redid the library design a bit. Just small adjustements, but more modular now. From clockwise from the top left: Fire/Illumination, Gems/Elemental-Men, Enchantments/Air, Poisons/Plants, Earth/Inorganics, Blood/Rose, Water/Ice, Gold/Metal. Center will be used to create books.

Tomorrow I hope to finish enough magic reactions in them to do another release, V.02.

I did some unexpected science with gm-editor today, with the heavy lifting done by Warmist and TheOnlySolitair. Quietust also came by. I am curious what can be done with all this, but it seems that controlled moods are one point. I can certainly start a mood from a reaction now.

I did the counterpart for the Hoardmaster. The Hoardmaster does buy stuff and give you souls. The new Demonic Attorney does the opposite: You can sell souls to the underworld to get rewards. Its mostly pets, warbeasts, poisons and two unique items. For a heavy investement of souls, you can unlock two of the High-Ritual tier buildings directly. Otherwise you have to do slow research for it.

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 110