Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169741 times)

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - NOW WITH POLL - Day 15 - Beta V0.3 - Warlock Overseers
« Reply #570 on: January 16, 2014, 09:05:30 am »

Just survived my first siege today and want to share this awesome moment. So the dwarf just decide to siege me with 20 markdwarf when I'm toying around with all the workshop, completely forgot about building the wall :-[. "Well I'm done" I though, so I decide to go out with style. I order my warlock to make the monolith and drag him to my refuse stockpile  :P. The monolith begin to murmur ,one by one the body part come back to life and start walking to their doom. The dwarf, chilling at their campfire, never know what gonna hit them.
Well you can call it " Walking dead : dwarf fortress edition ".
15 zombies walking close to them, 20 panic dwarf begin to shot the closest one , one zombie down, two zombie down, another 13 finally reach their prey. Some dwarf fell, ripped into piece by 10 angry zombie, only to come back to drag their comrade to hell with them.
THE BEST MOMENT IN MY ENTIRE DWARF FORTRESS CAREER  :D
Now I end up with 32 zombies running around killing random wild life, I start to think warlock are a bit OP (Don't fix it 8))

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #571 on: January 16, 2014, 10:03:31 am »

I know they are OP. :)

Thats why I am working on this pylon system. And your entire economy is based on souls/bones. You have to kill these random undeads at some point, to harvest their bodies to build more workers.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 16, 2014, 10:08:49 am »

Another suggestion, can you move drink blood wine interaction to blood winery instead, cause I can't start my paper industry before Mr. Urist Mcvampire decide that he need some drink. Now my 5 Warlock down to 3

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 16, 2014, 10:10:24 am »

Just wall up the vampires until you've got blood, which you should then drop through a hatch in with them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #574 on: January 16, 2014, 10:10:42 am »

Yep.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Grimmash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 16, 2014, 11:51:44 am »

Meph, could you make the creep out of an inorganic block created at a workshop?  Take stone turn it to creep stone/block, then build floors of that?  Not sure if it is remotely possible, but if it is it would also make spreading creep a very time consuming manual process to keep those skeletons busy.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #576 on: January 16, 2014, 12:23:12 pm »

No, that wouldnt work.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #577 on: January 16, 2014, 02:32:28 pm »

question? Couldn't the monoliths or something cause this contaminant to simply spawn around them in their control radius? The only drawbacks I could see is everything being covered in it, and it constantly screwing with FPS due to people trying to clean it up? Also that it would fuck with the color of everything as it covers the tiles with the contaminant's sprite...

You could also simply not provide it with a graphic maybe so it doesn't clutter the screen, and have it labeled "Taint of Evil" that way it'd make sense for everything in warlock radius to be covered with it.

Also, another option is to make a version of the Monolith called a 'Ward'. Wards work differently from traps. They spawn a certain contaminant around them regularly much as a Monolith spreads it's control through walls, Wards do the same, though possibly have them work on a 25 tile radius that is blocked by LoS so that enemies can potentially shoot them apart and cut a path through them. Anyway, you could have multiple types of wards. From Plague Wards that spread a disease, to Acid Wards that melt shit around them. To Fire Wards (might want to have these work as a 1 time land mine type deal, very briefly raise the temperature around them for 25 tiles, surpassing their own burn/melt point).

Another thought is if wards and monoliths can actually be killed like proper creatures... I'm imagining weird half-organic obilisks like in Clockwork Empires.

Give them a 'heart' so that they can potentially be killed perhaps? Or just rename it to their "Core" or something.

Another neat ward would be a 'Tentacle Ward' another one shot ward. When an enemy comes into radius, it transforms into wild Tentacle Demon that will die after a few months or even after a few minutes. It's not meant to survive, it's meant to just slow the enemy down.

Also what happens to skellies and such that move outside of the monolith's radius? Or is it only wild undead who when they move outside of the radius go to being wild?

Do Monoliths check every so often for warlocks on the map or they otherwise die?

Same for Skelies and Ghouls, do they have to check in with a monolith every so often? If so, how does that work?

We should probably also renamed the Butcher's to something else entirely. Dissection Table for example. Vivisection Table could be it's alternate for dragging living prey too, possibly the reaction there gives more blood and possibly also generates a 'treatise' that counts as a book and can be used to build a library? (very rare chance of that).
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 16, 2014, 02:42:52 pm »

Dude. Spoiler that image.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2014, 02:54:19 pm »

So, the enchanter can create animated armor, completely for free. Is that intentional?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #580 on: January 16, 2014, 03:08:43 pm »

So, the enchanter can create animated armor, completely for free. Is that intentional?
Obviously not, its still work in progress. I havent gotten to the enchanter yet. They are pretty beast btw, they are from deons old genesis. I might have to nerf the animated armors a lot.

shadowclasper: I just said that contaminants dont work. ^^ But I plan some spells for the pylons. Currently they power each other, as long as one of them is within reach of a warlock. They apply their control automatically to everything in a 15 tile radius, and power every other pylon in a 30 tile radius. I might do some spells that give them some abilities... like the mothership core in starcraft II can allow the nexus to shoot for 60 seconds.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 16, 2014, 03:18:16 pm »

I also think that the enchanter's "weapon animation" reactions should be changed to use the warlock equivalents of those weapons instead. Also, the Nightmares get thirsty for some reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #582 on: January 16, 2014, 03:44:23 pm »

Good idea. animated pitchforks, bonesaws and scythes... :)

Nightmares thirsty? lol. maybe they have a can_learn or intelligent tag in there somewhere.

These reports really help, thanks. :)

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 16, 2014, 04:05:11 pm »

RE: Pitchforks - while at first glance they seem to fit the theme, on second thought these are the weapons that are usually wielded by the peasants in horror movies when they want to kill the evil scientists/wizards/etc. Maybe something more fitting would be more appropriate? Just a thought. nevermind

And: Are there any Discworld fans around here? I'm a big fan of Igors, and maybe they could fit the theme here as new evil minion type. They are natural surgeons, doctors, (vampire) assistants, assembled from different bodies, and each Igor is proud of the parts he is made of - often other Igors. Extra limbs, eyes, lips, stiches, humps are stylishly added when avaliable. They aren't real undead and they don't really die, only get reassembled... I know DW is a parody of the fantasy genre, but Igors are FUN! Anyone agree?
(And any way to randomly generate their body parts?)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 04:11:16 pm by fricy »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 16, 2014, 04:08:39 pm »

RE: Pitchforks - while at first glance they seem to fit the theme, on second thought these are the weapons that are usually wielded by the peasants in horror movies when they want to kill the evil scientists/wizards/etc. Maybe something more fitting would be more appropriate? Just a thought.
I think they're supposed to be like the devil pitchforks.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 110