Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169740 times)

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile

Solid! By the by, will the raiding system be similar to the Orc Fortress version, ala prisoners as tokens/buildmat? Or will we be actually capturing live, sentient creatures in cages? Sorry if you've already answered this.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile

Solid! By the by, will the raiding system be similar to the Orc Fortress version, ala prisoners as tokens/buildmat? Or will we be actually capturing live, sentient creatures in cages? Sorry if you've already answered this.
He said they'd be actual creatures that you have to keep in prison cells to survive.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I am just going to leave this here.

This is a gold statue of Alheb the Whirling Bodice. 
The item is a image of Alheb the Whirling Bodice, the deity of depravity and lust, depicted as a female witch and warlocks in gold by Ghemwed Defbelwem.  The warlocks are  prostrating themselves before Alheb the Whirling Bodice. 

::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile

I am just going to leave this here.

This is a gold statue of Alheb the Whirling Bodice. 
The item is a image of Alheb the Whirling Bodice, the deity of depravity and lust, depicted as a female witch and warlocks in gold by Ghemwed Defbelwem.  The warlocks are  prostrating themselves before Alheb the Whirling Bodice. 

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we are getting a red carpet, then I want a bone carpet!

Or the ability to decorate walls with bones, like engraving, except with bones, and that would hopefuly work on constructed walls. Getting some room value for warlocks is hard without some heavy inscribed skeletons making quality furniture -_-

About the spawning, I understand that its an issue with spawning and lacking any history, making the new entity somewhat a non-being in the world. Would it be possible to mimick how df handles children then? Something like making the warlock a parent of the creature, and that skeleton a 'child' of that warlock? Is that even possible or am I again talking impossibles?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I have no clue. Historical Figure is whats needed, and if the coders cant figure it out, I wont even try. I know nothing about C++ or lua.

Decorating walls is not possible. Bone carpet could be done, but I dont think that DF would count it to the room value. Its a workshop after all, not furniture.

Dox: Wait a second. That godess is female. I am sure the person on the pic wouldnt care. :P
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Dev Log - Day 20

I have come here to write the raiding system and chew bubble gum. And you guessed it, I am all out of gum.

And now: Lets make these 4 workshops I used in the designs yesterday.

PS: I also fixed some bugs and changed the Doctors Quarters into "Morgue", because I thought its more fitting. Still does the same, fix skeletons and train medical skills.

PPS: That screenshot is outdated. Raiding kits are now in the Craftsman, made from 1 ironbone bar, 1 bag and 1 meat. (to simulate a weapon, a bag to snatch stuff with, and provisions. I didnt want to use actual weapons, because it would snatch up your good ones as well.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:02:27 pm by Meph »

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 20 - Beta V0.4 - RAID BOSS!
« Reply #757 on: January 20, 2014, 06:20:48 pm »

It's perfect.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 20, 2014, 06:52:13 pm »

Can't wait to test the overlord and raiding. :D

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 20, 2014, 07:12:19 pm »

How do the raids work, exactly? Does the overlord just teleport away with the minions and teleport back after some time with the loot and maybe spawn a counterstrike at the edge of the map?

Or does the overlord teleport away or leave off the edge off the map with some minions, raid an in-game town, killing off or grabbing some of their historical figures, and bring back some loot deducted from the items of the town, perhaps with a raid following them?

I would suggest some new commands targets:

Harvest a nearby grassland, swampland, shrubland, forest, or jungle for wood or plants. Obviously, logging doesn't work too well in grasslands, but you might get some plants from the area. This risks triggering an elven attacks if you are in contact with an elven civilization. This needs a large supply of axes and either warlocks or vehicles to levitate, teleport, or otherwise transport the haul around. It should be possible to dig up a haul of treasure as well, with a low chance. It would be great to get some aligned plants, too.

Raid a city. This should be difficult to do, but potentially have large rewards.

Do you think it is possible to simulate setting up an outpost off-site yet? Something like "assign minions and pylons to mining camp". Minions stay until you either call them back or the place gets raided and they return, followed by a raid.

How sophisticated is dfhack at the moment? Can you, playing fort mode, call up a map of the world and look at the things on it or get some information from it?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:39:20 pm by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #760 on: January 20, 2014, 07:33:46 pm »

CaptainArchmage: I dont know which game you have been playing, but all of that is utterly impossible. It works exactly like the expedition system for dwarves, the raiding system for orcs and the stealing system for kobolds... just a lot more refined.

Here some examples:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 07:46:08 pm by Meph »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #761 on: January 20, 2014, 07:37:30 pm »

Check it out - pit to Hell.  Well, more like pit THROUGH Hell.  Bores straight down and opens up an eerie glowing pit at the bottom.
Admittedly it could use some work, since it doesn't seem to trigger liquid flow, revealed tiles, or caveins.  But I think the concept could be used for Warlocks somewhere.  Maybe one of the bad things that happens if you botch the darkpact.

Code: [Select]
    local pos=position or copyall(df.global.cursor)
    if pos.x==-30000 then
        qerror("Select a location")
    end
local x = 0
local y = 0
for x=pos.x-5,pos.x+5,1 do
for y=pos.y-5,pos.y+5,1 do
z=pos.z
while true do
local block = dfhack.maps.getTileBlock(x,y,z)
if block then
--print(x..","..y)
block.tiletype[x%16][y%16]=32
z = z-1
else
z = z+1
block = dfhack.maps.getTileBlock(x,y,z)
block.tiletype[x%16][y%16]=42
break
end
end
end
end

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #762 on: January 20, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

I will give it a try. :)

Can you do that with stairs as well? I always wanted to do a non-digging race, but no caverns is boring. Maybe people can make "up-down stairs till open space is hit", and find the caverns this way.

Or explosions. Interactions of the bomb-creature triggers that, mines all blocks in a radius, across z-levels. I would really like that. :)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 20, 2014, 07:51:58 pm »

Do we get horned devils too :P?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #764 on: January 20, 2014, 08:01:17 pm »

Maybe.

Btw, all 20 raid town/village flavor texts are verbatim from Dungeon Keeper one. You remember, when the mentor talks about the name of the next level? They are all in.

IndigoFenix: Works. Breaks a bit (error message, but runs) when used near the map edge, and do eerie glowing pits on the same zlevel and upwards into the sky. (if you try it near the map edge) Doesnt trigger any demons, which is good. And I honestly expected it to be a 1 tile thing. The size surprised me quite a bit.

EDIT: Pets cant see in it... I did throw down a minion, it didnt reveal anything. Then I started digging, the civ members can see in it just fine. THEN I saw the magma. Thats when my FPS dropped to 3, because the magma lake was draining into the HFS.

Dont think this can be used like it is. Its a good idea, but FPS death is no fun. Maybe if the area around the magma-lake could be turned into obsidian. or slade. Yeah, making this a hollow slade spire could work. :)

EDIT2: Oh god, it did punch into a Tear of Armok. Aquifer draining into magmalake draining into hell.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:14:06 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 110