Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169776 times)

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 23 - Beta V0.5 - Devour souls and TELEPORTATION :)
« Reply #900 on: January 23, 2014, 07:02:03 pm »

meph, my game keeps crashing after embarking.  i got lucky, i guess, and got a warlock overlord in my starting 7.  it appears the game crashes when he summons his mephits
i'll keep the save around for awhile but i think i'm best off starting a new tower
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 23, 2014, 07:11:17 pm »

What happens when you build more than one red or blue portal?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 23, 2014, 07:15:43 pm »

Most recently built ones are the active ones. The others I assume just sit there and look pretty.

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 23, 2014, 09:32:13 pm »

There should really be some way to select which portal you get teleported to. There should also be a way to use these teleporters to teleport liquids around.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 23, 2014, 11:18:59 pm »

I've been thinking of some uses for the portals:

1 Make it so the only entrance to your fort is via portal. For the excessively paranoid.

2 Teleport magmalings through a portal with the "Teleport all units within 15 tiles" function. Then activate them.

3 Have one adjoining a bunch of enemies. Construct a portal of the opposite type. Deconstruct the 2nd portal. Place some sort of danger at the old site of the 2nd portal. Teleport an ambush above a magma pit.

4 Use it to rotate pylons around if you're low on them.

5 Use it to transport otherwise uncontrollable undead.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

The_Force

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 24, 2014, 04:52:47 am »

The game is crashing whenever I try to reload my save. linked to below.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8357

Nuhaine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 24, 2014, 04:58:53 am »

Some thoughts on the Fleshsmith.

Fleshsmith:
-Create Flesh Hide. Requires stack of meat, 1 barrel of blood, 1 soul. Can be used for Leatherworking, or Fleshsmith reactions. Items made with it have special properties like dreadnought does.
-Fleshling. Requires Barrels of Blood, Flesh Hides, Soul. Can shear for meat and milk for blood. More ideal than Blood Goat.
-Ghoul Upgrades? Stitch Flesh Hide to ghouls to increase their size or attributes, maybe stacking endlessly but making the Ghoul get bad thoughts for doing so, thus making them prone to tantrums if not pampered?
-Add Arm/Leg to Ghoul? Is it possible to add a additional functional arm or leg to a civ member without turning it into a brand new creature? I feel like this would be a very interesting feature. Instead of having abominations, make your ghouls actual abominations and play with their parts.
-Possibly a use for trophies, giving a Ghoul an ability based on the megabeast trophy you use. Can possibly combine with the suggestion above.
Before this mod, I never pitied the bad guys in any of the fantasy novels I'd read. The undead lich king always seemed like such an uber-menace, but now I know his secret pain of having morons for minions, a vampire doctor just waiting for him to go to sleep, and a constant feeling of anger and depression because he's one armor stand short in his bedroom suite.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #907 on: January 24, 2014, 06:24:19 am »

Nuhaine: Good ideas. :)

The game is crashing whenever I try to reload my save. linked to below.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8357
Downloaded it, and will have a look.

I've been thinking of some uses for the portals:

1 Make it so the only entrance to your fort is via portal. For the excessively paranoid.

2 Teleport magmalings through a portal with the "Teleport all units within 15 tiles" function. Then activate them.

3 Have one adjoining a bunch of enemies. Construct a portal of the opposite type. Deconstruct the 2nd portal. Place some sort of danger at the old site of the 2nd portal. Teleport an ambush above a magma pit.

4 Use it to rotate pylons around if you're low on them.

5 Use it to transport otherwise uncontrollable undead.
not all of those will work, because its line-of-sight without 15 tiles. you can teleport enemies, because the worker would be distracted by them.

There should really be some way to select which portal you get teleported to. There should also be a way to use these teleporters to teleport liquids around.
Thats not my jurisdiction. :P

Most recently built ones are the active ones. The others I assume just sit there and look pretty.
correct.

meph, my game keeps crashing after embarking.  i got lucky, i guess, and got a warlock overlord in my starting 7.  it appears the game crashes when he summons his mephits
i'll keep the save around for awhile but i think i'm best off starting a new tower
you didnt get an overlord, every warlock can summon minions. I had the same problem, dont know why. it appears randomly just at embark, since I added some self-targetted interactions to them to delay the minions.   :-\
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 23 - Beta V0.6 - Devour souls and TELEPORTATION :)
« Reply #908 on: January 24, 2014, 06:36:12 am »

I could make a unit in the portals, that automatically transports any unit it attacks to the portal.

Build blue portal stone: Get a unit.
Pasture unit where invaders will attack it.
Blue portal stone teleports invaders in range to the blue portal.

That would allow more tactics.  :)

PS:mahrgell, you do have a point about the bats. ^^

EDOT: The_Force: I tried loading the save, it crashes while loading, I cant look at anything. No way for me to dertemine whats the cause.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:47:24 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

The_Force

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 24, 2014, 06:55:13 am »

EDOT: The_Force: I tried loading the save, it crashes while loading, I cant look at anything. No way for me to dertemine whats the cause.

Damn! I was hoping it was just something wrong at my end. Well looks like I'll have to start another world then.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 24, 2014, 07:13:56 am »

Wouldn't there be an error log? Or am I thinking of something else.

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 24, 2014, 07:17:23 am »

PS:mahrgell, you do have a point about the bats. ^^
I was thinking about morphing all Warlocks in bats around the 4th Obsidian in the next community fort :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #912 on: January 24, 2014, 07:41:57 am »

Why the 4th Obsidian?

No errorlog, and the gamelog just says: Starting new game. thats it.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 24, 2014, 08:32:35 am »

Did you do something to restless zombie?
Because they used to be my best starting vicious hunter who seemed to hold grudge to everything in the world and will run from one map rim to another just to destroy everything that move :D

Now they just stand there not care about anything, I even see the giant dingo walk pass them >:(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #914 on: January 24, 2014, 08:46:33 am »

No, they are the same.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 110