Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169437 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1125 on: February 07, 2014, 09:32:16 am »

An idea to reduce micromanagement of adding Skeletons to the military: Creating the masterwork item also reduces their Discipline skill to zero, so we can exclude already "militarized" skeletons via workshop skill ranges. It's kind of tiring to sort out ten or twenty "Shambling Skeletons" manually. Also, no more blinking units EVERYWHERE.
that cant be done. Its only a 20% chance (or something along these lines) of creating a masterpiece. So if it sets their skill to 0, they couldnt always create one. And the blinking would stay, once anything gets legendary it blinks, no matter if I remove the skill afterwards.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 07, 2014, 10:19:50 am »

Check out my new avatar, co,urtesy of wrightly678 and Meph! Ooh, yeah!
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

wrightly678

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 07, 2014, 07:34:12 pm »

Check out my new avatar, co,urtesy of wrightly678 and Meph! Ooh, yeah!

Hey! that's cool, I'm glad someone enjoyed that.

someone12345

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 07, 2014, 10:08:31 pm »

What would you need to change to make warlocks breed?
GENERATION 26:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Carp McDwarfEater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 08, 2014, 08:14:33 am »

Yeah, and when do warlocks grow up? I got a child immigrant in one fort.

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 08, 2014, 10:15:44 am »

Warlocks lore-wise are focused on studying forbidden knowledge like necromancy and such right? What about warpstone? I love the idea of a race that works like the Skaven from Warhammer. They experiment with warpstone and use it for spells. Warpstone throwers, mutants etc. Seeing as adding a whole new race is a big effort, how about just adding warpstone stuff to Warlocks? Seems like it would fit with their design.

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 08, 2014, 11:22:00 am »

Maybe consider not allowing the speed training (soul syphon) for ghouls. I have one with 50% buff and he's just ridiculous. 200+ kills so far and not even a single scratch. Just zips about and annihilates everything in a giant explosion of dismembered limbs. If I'd bother to have two of those I'd be set forever regarding defense.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1132 on: February 08, 2014, 01:03:58 pm »

Is noted. Thanks for the report. :)

Warlocks shouldnt have kids, I cant even tell when they grow up, as they have no tags to govern that. So the default amount of time, but I dont know what that is.

Warpstone... yeah, I never really know what to use it for. Its quite rare, in stable form.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 08, 2014, 03:03:37 pm »

You could give Warlocks a renewable source of Warpstone, like trading it from Demons/Drow or transmute it from other useless ores. Then some research to unlock Warpstone-related workshops.

I never realised i could get so much poison from the Demonic Attorney. Ill need to start building that thing early on. Nether Horror poison for 1 Soul?! God damn.

Is there any reliable indoor way to farm meat for my Ghouls? None of the animals seem like they breed very fast, and i cannot make a Fishpond. So i guess fishing from cave systems is my main option?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 08, 2014, 03:10:14 pm »

You could give Warlocks a renewable source of Warpstone, like trading it from Demons/Drow or transmute it from other useless ores. Then some research to unlock Warpstone-related workshops.

I never realised i could get so much poison from the Demonic Attorney. Ill need to start building that thing early on. Nether Horror poison for 1 Soul?! God damn.

Is there any reliable indoor way to farm meat for my Ghouls? None of the animals seem like they breed very fast, and i cannot make a Fishpond. So i guess fishing from cave systems is my main option?
Warlocks can't fish. Murdering siegers and animals is the only way. Or you might get meat from raiding too?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 08, 2014, 03:24:51 pm »

Not sure about Warlocks, but ive been getting my Ghouls to fish just fine. Murdering invaders is fine and all, but i wouldnt call it a renewable source of meat. I suppose you can repeatedly summon invaders with the Emissary building.

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 08, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »

Anyone know how to disable the dfhack dwarf preference search? It apparently is keyed to 'm'. I can't figure out how to get to the military screen. Extremely frustrated.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

hanspeter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 08, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »

Happens to me too, sometimes. Alt+F1 oder Ctrl+F1 fixes it.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 08, 2014, 06:51:00 pm »

isn't there a problem with creatures that lack the tag [BABY:x]? such as can't breed?
warlocks have baby:1 and child:1 so they should be adults when they turn 1... or 2? iirc i had a child skele arrive the same year it apparently was born so do they skip being a baby?

i fix the preference search thing by hitting each modifier key once, i'm guessing it's from alt tabbing and the alt modifier gets stuck
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1139 on: February 09, 2014, 03:34:20 am »

Anyone know how to disable the dfhack dwarf preference search? It apparently is keyed to 'm'. I can't figure out how to get to the military screen. Extremely frustrated.
your alt key is stuck from alt-tabbing. press alt once.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 110