Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169747 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1365 on: March 29, 2014, 02:55:28 am »

Thanks for the save and descriptions. :) So what do you think? Overpowered? Which parts would you change to make them more fun? I see the spells/libraries go rather unused, while ghoul fighters own everyone?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 29, 2014, 10:05:22 am »

well, all legendary fighters could do the same, their limit of weapons makes skeletons more ideal for the job (not to mention you can res them when / if they die), same with warlocks resing them makes them far more ideal than ghouls.

however ghouls are an expendable resource that is only good for cannon fodder / scourge milita / butcher, they could benefit from another labor or two, they're currently haulers / butchers / meat catchers. in late game they're only good for milita, that cant coup-de-grace elves =(

i find it all relatively ballanced, just really dislike being unable to use skeletons (on a permanent basis) untill i build a skeleton banner

i would love a workshop reaction that removed the opposed to life tag from skeletons i want individually (like the morgue, adding a soulgem + dreadnought)

or, make the ironbone / dreadnought skeles come without the opposed to life tag ?

for the mining purposes just a minor ammount of micro to put pylons on a Z level before mining it out however it would be good to note that after your done with a Z level to wall it off to prevent pathfinding lag / loss of FPS.

i noticed that some of my skeletons (and even one of my 4 apocalypse ghouls) suddenly lost all agility (16/2035 or something) no idea how that happened, i fed them souls to compensate for the loss, but half my ghouls were under 100 agility at one point.

MY NEXT warlock fort is gonna be Warlocks as the primary milita so deffinately gonna try out the spells
(btw resing warlocks CAN fail, just be persistant and eventually the reaction will work)

things i would change to make them more fun?. maybe an early altar or spellbook workshop to learn a few basic spells,

the ironbone/dreadnought removal of opposed to life, or a workshop reaction to remove it so they can be in the military.

A Second weapon for ghouls to use (scourges can not coup-de-grace)

another workshop reaction to give sorcery(expensive?) to a skeleton for "ethereal summoning purposes" (detailed by my Ammo skeleton) since using warlocks to summon gear makes them go berserk after a few of their poor masterworks go poof.

a "summon Arrows" without the bow/quiver clutter (or did i completely miss it?)

a second helmet / make mask not citizen clothing / change mask to 2nd helmet for animated armor

skeletons shouldn't require clothing. T_T so much clutter (no idea if thats even remotely fix/changeable)

Overlord aspect, could the dungeon be used to open cages for prisoners. instead of having them run free in the fort? , perferably not an automatic reaction, so we can stockpile cages that we're not actively micromanaging.

Overlord aspect p2, i never once found a piece of info, maybe make it a little less rare or im just unlucky.

Overlord aspect p3, most requested feature is to turn a prisoner into a warlock, how about an apprentice  that turns into one eventually? - delayed syndrome uses child graphic, does menial labors?

Overlord aspect p4, - never noticed my overlord spawning minions, ever i butcher them for the sake of FPS. thats basically what they're good for currently since they're not using their abilities (which could be FUN!)

- random collection of thoughts, - love fairin

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1367 on: March 30, 2014, 07:10:23 am »

Good fedback, some things overlap with what I wanted to change anyway. Early sorcery is another good one... in theory the blades/staves should fill that role, but itemsyndrome doesnt work right.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 30, 2014, 07:30:59 am »

Idea! What if you could sacrifice prisoners to make individual skeletons permanent?

Also, give Pike/Spear skill to the ghouls! Whips just... They don't make sense as a skill for them.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 30, 2014, 10:50:46 am »

So, I don't know if this is common, but I had a few prisoners and corrupted them in my torture chamber into ghouls. They changed to screaming prisoners and after setting them free, they joined my fort as ghouls. The problem is, shortly after they joined they seemed to attack their fellow ghouls, I also saw they didn't have the natural butchery skills.

I had a prisoner from raiding, I made him to a ghoul, he wasn't killed, but I got the ghoul, who shortly after died as an insane babbling one, allthough I had enough clothes, food and even a dorm set up.
The prisoner wasn't dead, so I decided to try to make him into a pain elemental, worked, the prisoner exploded. The elemental shortly after started a fight with a minion, got killed and injured my whole dining room occupying warlocks, the result was a mining skeleton going on a rampage attacking everybody.

So, how do I get (working and not going insane/killing other warlocks) ghouls?
How do I make sure that skeletons don't go nuts, too? (A powered pylon was next to the skeleton when it started killing everything)

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 30, 2014, 01:48:27 pm »

Couple more bugs.

Workshops
  • Inscribor: Should only really work with cut gems not cut rocks (e.g. No cut clay)
  • Necro Altar: Doc should detail that Resurect Skeleton needs to be performed by warlock. (INTERACTION:RESSURECT_SKELETON: also looks like it needs allow for iron/blood/dread skeletons)
  • Necro Altar: Raise all dead. the dead raised attack you.
  • Tanners: Is it intended warlock don't get the chitin/scale/shellplate -> rigid xxx reactions & split leather reaction.
  • Transmutation chamber: Does not have the ===Used Skill=== entry.

Bugs
  • Aquired guardian of Amork from the arcologist. If going arould killing your citizens, but you can't target it to kill as it is a pet.
  • Resurected Megabeasts get attacked by your restless dead, is this intended.

Being able to embark with all dusts needed for Philsophers Stone for ~300 embark points seems rather cheap
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 01:53:52 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 30, 2014, 05:05:32 pm »

What have i done...

I was bored so i did this.
And yes he can wield a sword in each hand.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:08:34 pm by Jaso11111 »

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: March 30, 2014, 06:55:05 pm »

So what changes to warlocks were made in Vj. The changelog looks pretty much exactly like the changelog from the last version? I don't want to abandon my dungeon if there is nothing new.

Bug from Vi. Tome of Sator's cost is wrong when buying with souls. It is listed as costing 50 souls. However, my skeles brought 80ish souls and still hadn't purchased it. I assume the reaction is actually around 100 souls?
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 30, 2014, 08:53:09 pm »

So what changes to warlocks were made in Vj. The changelog looks pretty much exactly like the changelog from the last version? I don't want to abandon my dungeon if there is nothing new.

It just adds the SWP update to that. So it fixes the rather nasty sparring bug. Maybe a couple other bugfixes on top of that. Its up to you.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: March 31, 2014, 11:03:15 am »

So I made a Boneforge and set it to make some equipment, however, anyone I set to the furnace operator skill, (which the manual states is needed) will not work at the Boneforge. I've tried setting Skeletons, Ghouls and Warlocks to this and still nothing is getting done. I also have a Skeleton with all of the forging skills, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT:
The manual lies. It's bone carving, not furnace operating.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 01, 2014, 03:43:28 pm »

Following on from my earlier ramblings on advanced spawning of units would something like the following be helpful. If so are there any other feature that would improve it. In particular, as they are easy to add, other game data fields (like {WEALTH}) that may be useful.

Code: [Select]
function PrintHelp()
print "Create units with customized skills and items."
print ""
print "Usage: Spawn.lua CREATURE CASTE NAME X Y Z CIV extraconfig"
print "extraconfig can be one or more of the following in any order (if calling via autosyndrom command each is a seperate SYN_CLASS E.g. [SYN_CLASS:SKILL:MINING:0:0:5:1:10]"
print "SKILL:skillname:skilllevelDiceCount:skilllevelDiceSize:skilllevelDiceBonus:minlevel:maxlevel"
print "     minlevel and maxlevel are optional"
print "     E.g. SKILL:MINING:0:0:5:1:10  (grants mining at skill level 5)"
print "     E.g. SKILL:MINING:1:6:2:1:10  (grants mining at skill level 3-8)"
print "     E.g. SKILL:MINING:1:6:-2:2:10  (grants mining at skill level 2-4, and 2 happens half the time as value below at capped to 2)"
print ""
print "ITEM:chance:quantity:quality(1-5):wearlevel(1-5):typetoken:materialtoken"
print " E.g. ITEM:50:1:1:1:ITEM_HELM:ITEM_HELM_CAP:INORGANIC:STEEL (50% chance of 1 steel cap)"
print "     Created items will be worn/wielded/placed in quivers as appropiate, other item will be place in the units inventory (E.g. could have 20% chance or a created adventurer invader carrying a treasure map to use in a special reaction)"
print "     For now layer restriction are not checked (E.g. Wearing 10 breast plates) and it is also possible to over-encumber the unit so it can not move"
print ""
print "SYNDROME:chance:inorganic:immuneSyndromeClasses:immuneTokens"
print "    inorganic = syndrome to be added. specified in an inorganic (VALID TOKENS: ANY INORGANIC)"
print "    immuneSyndromeClasses = syndrome class that is immune, use NONE to skip this check (VALID TOKENS: ANY SYNDROME CLASS TOKENS {seperated by commas}, or NONE)"
print "    immuneTokens = tokens that are forbidden, use NONE to skip this check (VALID TOKENS: ANY TOKENS FOUND IN 'tokens.txt' {seperated by commas}, or NONE)"
print "    immune tokens should mainly be used to used to apply one of a group of syndromes (e.g. 5x20% syndromes all in the same class, will garantee not more than one is applied)"
print "    attempts to apply syndromes will be done is the order they are specified in"
print ""
print "LOCATION:EDGE:LEVEL(SURFACE, UNDERGROUND, CAVERN1, CAVERN2, CAVERN3):edge(NORTH, EAST, SOUTH, WEST, RANDOM)"
print "or"
print "LOCATION:POINT:X:Y:Z"
print "or"
print "LOCATION:POINT:X,Y,Z"
print "     E.g. LOCATION:EDGE:SURFACE:RANDOM   or LOCATION:POINT:20:30:140"
print "     Only the last location specified will be used."
print "     Location will be ignored if X Y Z on the command line are >= 0"
print ""
print "All values where numbers can be specified can use mathmatical operators (+-()*/) and the following special tokens"
print "    {POP} - Fortress population"
print "    {AGE} - Fortress age in years"
print "    {WEALTH} - Fortress total wealth (as per stocks screen)"
print "    {EXPORTWEALTH} - Fortress exported wealth (as per stocks screen)"
print "    {IMPORTWEALTH} - Fortress imported wealth (as per stocks screen)"
print ""
print "E.g. SKILL:FIGHTER:1:{AGE}:0:1:10 (skill between 1 and the fortress age, capped at 1-10)"
print "E.g. SKILL:FIGHTER:1:6:-5 + {POP}/10 + {WEALTH}/100000:1:15 (d6-5 + 1 for every 10 pop and 1000000 wealth, capped at 1-15)"
print "After the maths the value for a field is rounded down. SKILL:FIGHTER:{POP}/10 + {POP}/10: would roll 3 dice for 15 pop but SKILL:FIGHTER:1.9: would only roll 1 dice"
print "item wear level and quality are capped at 1-5, location is capped by the map bounds, and presently will case issues if you try to create units inside rock. In future will find the nearest floor to place unit on."

print ""
print "TODO: groups, named groups loaded from text file (E.g. GROUP:LOAD:AdventureSquad1.txt) and setting squad leader"
print "TODO: allow civ to support named race (e.g. goblin, human), will then random pick one civ of appropiate type (within trade range if any available) to create units as. Should then mean appropiate diplomat penalties for kill the civ members. "
print "TODO: built in ai (setting thief, ambush, seige, border siege, failing that working setting some/all dwarves as present kill/move targets)"
    print "TODO: create unit on nearest valid location, if specified location is blocked (allow (partially) random locations to be used)"
    print "TODO: impliment the create UNDERGROUND, CAVERN1, CAVERN2, CAVERN3"
    print "TODO: let creation location prefer either EDGE or random location than can path to a dwarf/building/ construction etc."
    print ""
print "TOINVESTIGATE: Proper dice parser for all number fields rahter than seperate entries for each dice part (e.g. :3d({POP}/10 + 2) + {AGE}/3) + 2d2:"
print "TOINVESTIGATE: additional math operators (e.g. max(), min(), avg() etc.) adding any lua function call required no work, BUT need to update the validator to ensure only safe lua code is executed."
print "TOINVESTIGATE: Adding splatter to items (e.g. poison)"
print "TOINVESTIGATE: Intergrate with DiggingInvader to have flag to mark a specific unit digging ability (E.g. Sapper unit)"
print "TOINVESTIGATE: Creating a proper invasion (show as SIEGE in ui, show in site history after fortress death)"
print "TOINVESTIGATE: Custom ai (hit and run snipers, assasinate targetd creature and then run etc)"
end
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 04:42:06 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1376 on: April 01, 2014, 04:47:31 pm »

Drayath, for all things spawn unit please talk to Warmist. He wrote ghe script and is the best person to ask. Your suggestions open a lot of possibilities, almost scripted events... special attacks that befall you, after using certain reactions or interactions.

PiggiesGoMoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 02, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »

I've played this mod a fair amount, and I don't think I've ever seen any of the mephits use their special abilities. I've always pastured them to be guards, and all they do is scratch enemies. Maybe it has to do with them being pastured, but I've never seen one in combat while not being pastured (apparently other people have seen them work in arena mode).

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 02, 2014, 04:34:39 pm »

I would like a way (possibly through the bonecarver?) to make an axe or pick, no matter how crap in combat, simply so that itemless/refugee embarks are possible.
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 02, 2014, 04:51:25 pm »

I would like a way (possibly through the bonecarver?) to make an axe or pick, no matter how crap in combat, simply so that itemless/refugee embarks are possible.

The boneforge does just that. It can make bone picks or bonesaws.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 110