Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 97715 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2016, 05:50:13 am »

Birthright is kind of like Awakening. It's not too hard, and there's plenty of opportunities to grind for money and EXP. Conquest is less easy; there's limited EXP and cash, so you can't really brute-force the campaign, to quote Game Informer. That, and its lack of "kill everyone" maps in favor of capturing buildings or defending a certain point, make it the "harder" campaign.
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2016, 06:23:48 am »

Birthright is kind of like Awakening. It's not too hard, and there's plenty of opportunities to grind for money and EXP. Conquest is less easy; there's limited EXP and cash, so you can't really brute-force the campaign, to quote Game Informer. That, and its lack of "kill everyone" maps in favor of capturing buildings or defending a certain point, make it the "harder" campaign.

Yeah, the split in gameplay is meant to appeal to either Oldschool or 'newer' FE fans. If you liked the challenge and forced linearity of FE's 1-7, like me, then Conquest was built for that demographic. if you like how they eased up on difficulty and allowed grinding in Fire Emblem 8: Sacred Stones and beyond, then the more casual Birthright is probably for you. I plan on beating Conquest, then beating Birthright as my victory lap.

And as Sirus and Tawarochir are soon going to find out, the absence of grinding isn't going to be a big deal, they're both coming up on a mission that has more enemies than can be killed. *evil laughter*

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 22, 2016, 06:26:28 am »

and rhajat isn't in conquest so it's objectively terrible
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2016, 09:10:37 am »

Birthright first it is, then. Sacred Stones was pretty great.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2016, 11:09:01 am »

PSA: Under certain circumstances, some enemies are cheaters. They can attack from 2 spaces with a 1-range sword, or a bow user can attack from up close with a bow. I won't mention the context for this information, just always be sure to check the battle forecast. This cheating isn't abused, it's only in niche circumstances to make sure you don't break the game, as I was so bold to try.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:20:34 am by JoshuaFH »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 22, 2016, 11:47:22 am »

Haha, getting my ass beat on chapter 5 hard. Maybe I should turn it back down to normal.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2016, 12:59:26 pm »

PSA: Under certain circumstances, some enemies are cheaters. They can attack from 2 spaces with a 1-range sword, or a bow user can attack from up close with a bow. I won't mention the context for this information, just always be sure to check the battle forecast. This cheating isn't abused, it's only in niche circumstances to make sure you don't break the game, as I was so bold to try.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2016, 01:13:30 pm »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2016, 07:29:57 pm »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:22:10 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2016, 08:02:51 pm »

I completed Chapter 10 on my first try, through a bit of luck and a LOT of improvisation, here's the rough account from memory of how I did it if you don't mind being told what to do:

I'm on Chapter 14 right now, but I'm putting it off for now cause I've been splurging on FE for almost my entire 3 day weekend off of work now.

Question though: I actually haven't used the Prisoner system at all, so I was curious how it worked, I just didn't want to put any time or resources into something that might wind up sucking anyway, cause from the sounds of it, just having generic no-name characters doesn't sound very appealing. I want to know how you think of it.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:06:43 pm by JoshuaFH »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 22, 2016, 08:21:11 pm »

Question though: I actually haven't used the Prisoner system at all, so I was curious how it worked, I just didn't want to put any time or resources into something that might wind up sucking anyway, cause from the sounds of it, just having generic no-name characters doesn't sound very appealing. I want to know how you think of it.
It's not having generic no-name characters, it's having disposable infantry in the form of generic no-name characters. Why send a valuable asset into possible death when you can send Level 12 Spear Fighter into certain death, but whittle the enemy enough to take down with someone else?
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 22, 2016, 08:34:26 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 22, 2016, 09:19:55 pm »

It's not having generic no-name characters, it's having disposable infantry in the form of generic no-name characters. Why send a valuable asset into possible death when you can send Level 12 Spear Fighter into certain death, but whittle the enemy enough to take down with someone else?
Well, because sending a generic no-name in
A) takes up a valuable unit slot
B) wastes precious EXP that your better characters could use instead
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 22, 2016, 09:24:25 pm »

You're speaking about Conquest, right? I assume so.
.....Birthright > Conquest because [not Tharja] is in Birthright, and also you can grind for EXP in Birthright. God knows I'll need to.
Black lives matter.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 22, 2016, 09:35:16 pm »

You're speaking about Conquest, right? I assume so.
.....Birthright > Conquest because [not Tharja] is in Birthright, and also you can grind for EXP in Birthright. God knows I'll need to.

[spoiler]Not Tharja is implied to be a reincarnation of Tharja.

Talk about Yandere THE FOURTH WALL WILL NOT CEASE HER ADVANCE TO LOCATE WHOEVER POSSESSES THE PROTAGONIST'S RANK
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 70