Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98426 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!
« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2017, 03:06:58 pm »

Genealogy of the Holy War.
I have heard interesting things about that one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 21, 2017, 03:08:14 pm »

Incest, child sacrifice and violent murder everywhere.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 21, 2017, 03:21:41 pm »

All of this, in the Fire Emblem series I know and love? Damn, now I'm interested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 21, 2017, 03:28:32 pm »

And it has an official manga.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 21, 2017, 03:32:14 pm »

Well then.

I didn't know that part.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 21, 2017, 03:51:39 pm »

Well then.

I didn't know that part.

90's bishonen designs EVERYWHERE.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 25, 2017, 11:42:47 am »

All of this, in the Fire Emblem series I know and love? Damn, now I'm interested.

I've been thinking about it again lately, maybe I should start up my ninth playthrough of it.

EDIT: but you should be interested, it's the best in the series by a wide margin in my opinion, and if I was the type of guy to make top ten lists I'd put it into my list of best games ever made. My wallet would explode with lethal force should a remake or remastering of it were ever announced.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:58:24 am by JoshuaFH »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 25, 2017, 12:11:30 pm »

If you've played it that much, maybe you could LP it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 25, 2017, 12:13:59 pm »

I have LP'd it, one of those old fashioned screenshot LPs. Its actually buried pretty deep here in these forums, but it's almost a decade old now, and I'm hesitant to link it now since it was created by a younger, and therefore dumber, version of me.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 25, 2017, 12:31:21 pm »

I have LP'd it, one of those old fashioned screenshot LPs. Its actually buried pretty deep here in these forums, but it's almost a decade old now, and I'm hesitant to link it now since it was created by a younger, and therefore dumber, version of me.
I know that feel. I think most of us have had that experience where we've done something we regretted when we were but young'uns learning how to forum.

Now that I've seen how many people really love Genealogy of the Holy War, I'm debating whether to play the original, or wait a while for a remake. Considering the title/subtitle thing we're seeing with the next 3DS game, it seems like "Fire Emblem Echoes" will become the heading for possible future remakes, which means there is certainly hope.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 25, 2017, 12:41:34 pm »

I know that feel. I think most of us have had that experience where we've done something we regretted when we were but young'uns learning how to forum.

Now that I've seen how many people really love Genealogy of the Holy War, I'm debating whether to play the original, or wait a while for a remake. Considering the title/subtitle thing we're seeing with the next 3DS game, it seems like "Fire Emblem Echoes" will become the heading for possible future remakes, which means there is certainly hope.

Nintendo, the way I see it, is increasingly hard-line kid-friendly. I don't think they'll get behind a remake of a game that involved straightup incestuous babymaking and a character that is clearly an allegory for the antichrist... even if that game just so happens to be one of the best in their oldschool library. A man can dream though.

Though I don't have a Wii, apparently it exists on the virtual console, but that's just what my brief google search turns up.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 25, 2017, 03:59:58 pm »

A game with THREE incestuous relationships and an implied incest rape (that we knew happened)

Well only two actually go anywhere (Meaning the game can have two incest babies)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 04:06:04 pm by Neonivek »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 25, 2017, 08:15:25 pm »

Nintendo, the way I see it, is increasingly hard-line kid-friendly. I don't think they'll get behind a remake of a game that involved straightup incestuous babymaking and a character that is clearly an allegory for the antichrist... even if that game just so happens to be one of the best in their oldschool library. A man can dream though.

Though I don't have a Wii, apparently it exists on the virtual console, but that's just what my brief google search turns up.
Wasn't nintendo all censor-heavy at least once before, though? And yet that game got made to begin with.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 25, 2017, 08:40:31 pm »

Nintendo of America was formerly censor-heavy; Nintendo's main Japanese branch had no qualms with a lot of the stuff NoA did have issues with. However, Nintendo of America lightened up considerably around the late N64 and the Gamecube eras, which is why stuff like Majora's Mask made it through. Since Fire Emblem didn't get published stateside until Marth and Roy were in Smash Bros, the incest in Genealogy wasn't a major issue.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 26, 2017, 10:36:18 am »

Quote from: Nintendo
Archers can attack from 3 spaces without Longbows

:D

Quote from: Nintendo
...and from one space without Point Blank

D:
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 70