Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62

Author Topic: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review  (Read 224625 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Setup Discussion and Review
« Reply #360 on: March 16, 2015, 03:28:12 pm »

All seems reasonable enough: how does this differ from the original ruleset/what was the rationale for the changes?
Original setup below. Basically I added a few more power roles to town and scum, made it slightly more balanced towards town, and modified the third party win conditions so that hopefully the three of them won't team up with the Confederates to kill the last Union player again.

This game is a normal Mafia game with the exception of three players are third party players with no interest in the main portion of the game.

This game has 13 players, of which 7 are Union soldiers, 3 are Confederate Saboteurs, and 3 are third parties.

Union Players are Town and win when all Confederates are dead. The lynch vote is the town's main weapon against third parties. The town get one power role in the form of the Union General, who can inspect a player at night to determine whether they are Union or Confederate.

Confederate Players are Mafia/Scum and win when all the Union players are dead. The Confederates have access to a quicktopic and have a Night Kill. The Confederates also have one player with an inspect ability, the Confederate General.

The Third Parties:
The Good: This player wins by keeping himself and the Ugly alive until the end of the game or until the Bad dies. The Good knows who the Ugly is and has a one-shot Nightkill. The Good comes up as Confederate to inspects
The Bad: The Bad wins by keeping himself alive until the game ends or the Good and the Ugly are dead. The Bad has a Nightkill. The Bad is essentially an SK with an additional goal. The Bad comes up as Union to inspects.
The Ugly: The Ugly wins by keeping himself and the Good alive until either the Bad dies or the game ends. The Ugly knows the identity of the Good. If the Confederates attempt to kill the Ugly, the kill will backfire and kill the one performing the kill. The Ugly also will survive the first time he is lynched, but his identity will be revealed. The Ugly comes up as Confederate to inspects.

When a third party wins or loses, and are still alive, they remain in the game, but with the Union win condition.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 16, 2015, 03:39:12 pm »

But that was a beautiful ending.

Also, if your aim was to stop that, I'm not sure how the changes achieve what you think they achieve: GBU can still team up at the start of D4 with scum to steamroller the unionists.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 16, 2015, 04:19:28 pm »

Also, if your aim was to stop that, I'm not sure how the changes achieve what you think they achieve: GBU can still team up at the start of D4 with scum to steamroller the unionists.
Except by D4 there will be 2 or 3 players left in the game using the 12 player set up assuming all kills/lynches go through.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 16, 2015, 04:49:17 pm »

Except by D4 there will be 2 or 3 players left in the game using the 12 player set up assuming all kills/lynches go through.
Ah, that makes some amount of sense then. Also, I was going to say "what's to stop GBU + scum teaming up D2 when they're even in numbers with town?", but with all of town's power-jam, that sort of early team-up seems untenable.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 16, 2015, 11:12:28 pm »

Does the ugly being lynched remove his night-kill 1 time protect? What's to stop the Good and the Ugly conspiring to get the Ugly lynched Day 1?

Edit: Oh, if the confederates try to kill him. My bad.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 11:18:24 pm by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 17, 2015, 08:17:58 am »

Bbbbbbbut that was a beautiful ending. I loved that ending :P

I'm totes not just biased because I was confederate general that game.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 18, 2015, 05:00:51 pm »

Thanks for the feedback. I'm putting this game into signups and if you have any more questions or issues with the set up, let me know.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: March 23, 2015, 05:41:46 pm »

Been reading back through old games and we need more games with posting restrictions like this.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 23, 2015, 06:16:50 pm »

Been reading back through old games and we need more games with posting restrictions like this.
FUCK THIS.  FUCK EVERYONE.  I AM A WAFFLE.

What the hell was going on? Was swearing and quitting a post restriction?
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 23, 2015, 06:29:07 pm »

Archangel Mode.  We were supposed to imitate some guy who apparently had a habit of swearing and quitting.

As for post restrictions like that, I'm still working on Bad Reality Show Mafia (though progress isn't likely to be made until after essay season ends).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 23, 2015, 06:49:34 pm »

Mafia does that to people:

FUCK.

I think I need to quit mafia for a while, because god damn, you'd think somebody would have a hard time making so many stupid fucking mistakes in a row.

FUCK.
Fuck that noise, I quit
So, as some of you know, I'm leaving the forum.  As far as I know, for good.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:36 pm »

Wow.  Reminds me of the dialogue from House of the Dead: Overkill. 

By which, I mean that it's hilarious.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 30, 2015, 10:15:16 pm »

Webadict, you still willing to take a look at game ideas?
I'll look at them, but it'll probably be like months from the point you want an answer.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 30, 2015, 10:20:06 pm »

Oh, hey, Webadict.  Who won KYOSN?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 30, 2015, 11:04:27 pm »

Webadict, you still willing to take a look at game ideas?
I'll look at them, but it'll probably be like months from the point you want an answer.
* 4maskwolf begins rolling on the floor laughing

Hehehe oh man I didn't even remember asking that.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 62