Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317262 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #225 on: January 13, 2014, 03:49:41 pm »

[Pot:6+1=7]
A huge pile of black stuff appears in front of you. Most of the things that are inside of that pile look like containers of some kind, while others look like conduits. The material is flexible in general, but always gets back to its original shape, unlike rubber. Some of the strange pieces appear to have an edge. A sharp edge, actually. It is strange for something as flexible to be able to have such an edge.And now, there is another pile of bullshit to play with the bone pile, nice.
Sounds like black biometal?

Exit stage left, pursued by a bear. Out the entrance I'm by, which seems to be the only way out.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:28:33 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 13, 2014, 03:50:51 pm »

"Hey Zentol!"

Derm's face twists into a caricature of pure malevolence.

"Dodge."
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 13, 2014, 03:59:40 pm »

A huge pile of black stuff appears in front of you. Most of the things that are inside of that pile look like containers of some kind, while others look like conduits. The material is flexible in general, but always gets back to its original shape, unlike rubber. Some of the strange pieces appear to have an edge. A sharp edge, actually. It is strange for something as flexible to be able to have such an edge.And now, there is another pile of bullshit to play with the bone pile, nice.

Black Biometal
   An organic material with the resiliance greater then steel. This substance can    take on any forms that normal organic substances can, however these forms are    often twisted and strange in comparison, made of a strange mix of jet black    chitin, pipes, cables, and ribbed protuberences. Creatures made of it are    distressingly thin, eyeless, packed with fangs, claws and stingers, and are    extremely violent toward any living creature not made of black biometal. This    substance is a little bit stronger then steel in terms of difficulty to damage, but is    soft and flexable, like normal flesh. On it's own, this substance comes as a lump    of strange proportion and unknown purpose; a bizarre organ with no likeness    anywhere in the known animal kingdom.

Kinda doubt it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 13, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »

((1. I'm not sure what other words could have been used with it.
2. Tomcost could have changed the "on its own" form to screw with us.
3. It's black. It's flexible, but sharp. I can't think of other materials like that.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 13, 2014, 04:08:35 pm »

Okay then.

Tomcost:  Is that Black Biometal?  Are you willing to answer that question?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 13, 2014, 04:15:36 pm »

Exit stage left, pursued by a bear. Where am I, again?
Arena map on the first post. Your position is in your character sheet.

Okay then.

Tomcost:  Is that Black Biometal?  Are you willing to answer that question?
Yes, it is. Nerfed, though. No magical thing resistant to every melee thing without penalties. Consider it more like sharp rubber, but with less metalic properties.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 13, 2014, 04:17:49 pm »

Easy enough, then!

GWG:  Were you interested in trading for it?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 13, 2014, 11:33:36 pm »

Well then. Time to visit the greenhouse and get out of this creepy ass death-house.

Let's inspire more educated people to kill themselves!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2014, 03:37:32 am »

Do ALL the science!

This is one (reasonably) educated individual that will require greater atrocities yet to join THAT conga!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 14, 2014, 02:23:32 pm »

I would like to be added to the wait list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 14, 2014, 03:12:52 pm »

I would like to be added to the wait list.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Adding...

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 14, 2014, 03:28:02 pm »

Easy enough, then!

In exchange for what?
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 14, 2014, 03:52:18 pm »

Easy enough, then!

In exchange for what?

I'd like your "Where I'm looking" word.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 14, 2014, 05:49:18 pm »

Sorry guys, but turn coming tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 197