Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317279 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2014, 12:36:50 pm »

Turn 009

Do ALL the science!

This is one (reasonably) educated individual that will require greater atrocities yet to join THAT conga!

Ahh the art of saying random words and hoping for something useful to appear, isn't it relaxing? Well, when you don't get your face exploded, of course.

[Pot:3+1=4]
You can see a golden glow coming out of your left foot. Huh.

[Pot:4+1=5]
[Dex:3]
A burst of magma appears and falls to the ground in front of you. You manage to step back a little, but your left foot is caught in it, suffering important burns.

[Burned]

[Pot:1+1=2]
A drop of acid appears in front of you and falls to the ground, tearing a little hole in it.

That was a dangerous magic session.

Well then. Time to visit the greenhouse and get out of this creepy ass death-house.

Let's inspire more educated people to kill themselves!

Woo, more magic! You delight yourself thinking on the logic defying actions you can do with this piece of paper. You are interrupted by another thing, unfortunately. It is another golden semi-transparent form which contains a crystal pyramid totally devoid of octariney shades. It just spits it gently towards the wall and the crystal pyramid slowly floats towards it, and becomes attached to the wall in the exact location the octariney one used to be. The semi-transparent creature then splits on two pyramids and they float to the hole in the ceiling.

Well, let's to this.

[Pot:3]
Some chitin appears in front of you.

[Pot:4]
Some golden lines erupt from a floor inside a determined radius around you and then become drawings of goblins. All the goblins look at you, then smile and charge at you. Luckily they just go through you and disappear.

No people were added to the suicide conga line. It has stopped before anyone could jump from that skyscraper.

You then shrug and go to the room to the East. You go across two weirdos with a lot of garbage lying around and you reach a zone with lots of plants most of them being weird plants that are growing in size.

PM sent. Time for science!

Exit stage left, pursued by a bear. Out the entrance I'm by, which seems to be the only way out.

"Hey Zentol!"

Derm's face twists into a caricature of pure malevolence.

"Dodge."

Bluh, take 2

[Bear Spd:1-1=0]
[Flimsy Spd:2-1-1=0]
[DK Spd:2]
[Derm Spd:1]
[Zentol spd:5-1=4]

Zentol leaves the room and is followed by Derm and The Dragon Knight.

As everybody is crossing the stone bridge over the bottomless pit, Derm, some distance away, shouts his warning at Zentol, who turns back and readies himself for whatever is going to happen.

[Derm pot:2+1=3]
[Derm dex:2]
[Zentol dex:3] ((Plus all of his insane stats))

Derm points at Zentol, who evades both his finger and his sight in the exact moment the spell is fired. A portion of the bridge which was being watched by Derm as he failed to see properly Zentol is then transformed into fire. oddly, it keeps its shape.

[Zentol dex:6] ((plus everything))

Zentol just keeps walking away, not even losing his foot. Not that the gap was under him, but the act of evading someone's sight while standing on a bridge is something that can make you lose the equilibrium, but that definitely won't happen to Zentol. The Dragon Knight goes through the small gap of the bridge that is still stone and goes to the Grand Room.

Derm meanwhile, stays staring at the rest "B-But i was going to throw a fireball at you!"

In the Portal room, the bear was too distracted with things only fire bears know to chase The Dragon Knight. But The Flimsy Wizard is here, though. He, on the other hand is casting some spells:

[Pot:6+2=8]
A pile of wax appears in front of you. That's whole lot of presumably useless stuff.

The bear notices you, and lazily walks towards you.

[Pot:6+2=8]
A thick golden line appears and forms a huge cage. You will need one to contain that bear, it seems.

[Pot:3+2=5]
[Bear dex:4-1=3]

A sizable amount of water appears in front of you, then begins to just flow. The fire bear is too distracted with you to evade it, and stomps on it with its frontal fire paw. Some water is evaporated, and the bear is left with another paw less. It doesn't want to get near you now, mainly because of the water. Also, its fire is now more orange and less red.

Hmm.  Well, that's gotta be useful, right?  A hat is basically a head container.

Look for a piece of whatever it is that could work as a helmet/hat/head covering.  Also find a nice femur for a bone club.  Suitably attired, say some more WERDS, yo.

You grab one of the many bones lying around. Most of them seem useful as clubs, actually, or at least the elongated ones. You grab a femur, whose upper part (the one that is near the joint) makes for a surprisingly good handle.
You also grab one of the many black containers, put a bit of pressure to widen its opening and put it around the top of your head. It actually makes difficult for blood to reach the upper parts of your head, but as you can't see your forehead turning whiter, you don't pay attention to it. The container also has little conduits coming out of it. It seems now that you have murdered a squid and you are using it as a hat. Overall, your current outfit could make tinfoil hat crazy people appear as perfectly normal and sane citizens.

Improvised black bio-metal hat:
[Soft]
Does not work with most aimed attacks.

You also practice some magic, to complete the weirdo look:

[Pot:2]
A golden line appears twists uncomfortably then jumps after you. It disappears afterwards.

[Pot:3]
A bit of obsidian appears in front of you. It is an standard little chuck that could fit your hand, but also looks pretty sharp to handle you your bare hands.

Zentol then appears, looks at you, and decides that he is the Prime crazy dude, here, so he walks to the bone pile and grabs another bone club.

Improvised bone club:
[Blunt weapon]
((For both Thrakor and Zentol))

PM sent.

You shrug and try more magic:

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and forms a drawing of a goblin. The goblin then starts to move and grins widely. After making yourself uncomfortable, it jumps after you, his hands aimed at your neck, hoping to choke you. Fortunately, it just goes through you, and disappears afterwards.

Spoiler: Status effect update (click to show/hide)

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

GM comments

I want to thank Mastahcheese for nominating me for the Christmas Giveaway. Thanks to him I won a game! (Which means less updates for you, so you can all go and break his legs).

Nah, just kidding.

Anyway, I send him a big Waddle-Dee Hug

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2014, 01:09:24 pm »

Thrakor eyeballs Zentol.  "Sure, help yourself."

If Mr. Zentol does not attack, SCIENCE.  If he does attack, AGGRESS.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 15, 2014, 02:22:01 pm »

((What game?))

Um...science. Remind me to PM you something when I'm not about to start class.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 15, 2014, 03:08:23 pm »

((What game?))

Um...science. Remind me to PM you something when I'm not about to start class.
((I hope, Dead Space. If, not, well, I hope I get that one.))

I will post again in he thread if you don't send me a PM

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 15, 2014, 03:51:16 pm »

Well. That's different than I thought it was going to be and also infuriating cause dammit zentol got away.

Back to the entrance to the portal room, but not inside. Stay out of combat.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2014, 04:01:01 pm »

Well. That's different than I thought it was going to be and also infuriating cause dammit zentol got away.

Back to the entrance to the portal room, but not inside. Stay out of combat.
Anything more? You know, there are speciic actions for these situations (namely, dodge, or focus)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 15, 2014, 04:03:21 pm »

Well if the bear doesn't get anihilated by water or burn itself out, it's gonna come after me, so dodge it is.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 15, 2014, 07:02:20 pm »

Well if the bear doesn't get anihilated by water or burn itself out, it's gonna come after me, so dodge it is.
So, you action is to stand on the bridge over the botomless pit, and try to dodge?

I'm asking because it is a decision that carries actual game effects and I don't want to assume anything.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 15, 2014, 07:08:14 pm »

Move into the portal room and dodge then you sinister bastard.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:09:58 pm by Dermonster »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 15, 2014, 08:24:57 pm »

DOOOOOOOOOOOODGE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 15, 2014, 09:30:49 pm »

Name Mark Dirk
Appearance:He is a tall human that got stolen from his world and has a scar running down the side of his face.
Stats:
Str:0
Dex:2
Spd:1
Wil:0
End:1
Pot:2
Pol:3
Status effects:
Transformation status:
Inventory:

Can I join please
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 09:36:29 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 15, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »

((Hmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmmm.
I now know a material.
This means I must actually begin compiling word lists because they'll be useful.
I also think I've mostly figured out what each of the sets do, but...))

Let's be sure about that, though.

Head back to the Grand Room, stick by the greenhouse entrance. Don't need anyone getting no funny ideas or nothin'.

Then Test Words
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 15, 2014, 10:29:45 pm »

Name Mark Dirk
Appearance:He is a tall human that got stolen from his world and has a scar running down the side of his face.
Stats:
Str:0
Dex:2
Spd:1
Wil:0
End:1
Pot:2
Pol:3
Status effects:
Transformation status:
Inventory:

Can I join please
Of course you can! The worst thing that can happen toa Perplexicon GM is to run out of waitlisters.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 15, 2014, 10:35:30 pm »

Of course you can! The worst thing that can happen toa Perplexicon GM is to run out of waitlisters.

I'd argue that running out of time is worse.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 197