Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317270 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #285 on: January 20, 2014, 10:25:47 pm »

I think that was the old game, the Pit of Magic, where I assembled a public wordlist.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 20, 2014, 10:39:46 pm »

Damn you useless magic rolls!

Enact counter strategy.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 20, 2014, 11:12:49 pm »

As bummed out as I am that Magical Plan Magma didn't smack him in the face/torso, at least it co... kill-blocked him.
Now that I think of it, if I fired it at him, and only upgraded the burns on his arm, therefore there couldn't have been much magma, how did it block the whole bridge? Exactly how thin is this bridge? I feel nervous standing on it now :P

Syvarris, I DID warn you ;) Turns out going for easy souls that day didn't exactly help you much, did it ;D

EXECUTE MAGICAL PLAN: EXECUTE.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 20, 2014, 11:22:15 pm »

PM'ed Tomcost, I updated my character sheets.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 21, 2014, 07:56:46 am »

As bummed out as I am that Magical Plan Magma didn't smack him in the face/torso, at least it co... kill-blocked him.
Now that I think of it, if I fired it at him, and only upgraded the burns on his arm, therefore there couldn't have been much magma, how did it block the whole bridge? Exactly how thin is this bridge? I feel nervous standing on it now :P

Syvarris, I DID warn you ;) Turns out going for easy souls that day didn't exactly help you much, did it ;D

EXECUTE MAGICAL PLAN: EXECUTE.

Stuff that happens right now on the bridge:
-Successful dodging makes the dodger roll for balance, using dex. This is an absolute roll where standard RTD rules apply.

Stuff that I intend to add once the fight is over:
- -1 to most dex rolls over the bridge.

You are over a bridge over an endless abyss, you should feel terrified, actually

Now, some exposition on game mechanics:

How do I calculate damage with these weir elements like fire and magma?
1) The difference between the dodger's dexterity roll and the other appropiate one is calculated. I call this number "exposure"
2) I select the amount of damage based on the exposure value. The damage is higher in relation to physical damage.
3) I apply special effects, considering the dangerous substance*.

*)How do I differentiate between magma and fire, if they both burn? Well, damage is calculated the same way, but the diference is the distribution of it. With fire, the exposure is distributed along the entire body, prioritizing the torso and arms most of the times. With magma, it is almost completely focused on the part it hits, only burning other parts if the exposure is too much and context allows to do so.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 21, 2014, 08:09:05 am »

With magma, it is almost completely focused on the part it hits, only burning other parts if the exposure is too much and context allows to do so.
Convection schmonvection.

Aren't you glad I didn't tropelink?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 21, 2014, 08:15:26 am »

With magma, it is almost completely focused on the part it hits, only burning other parts if the exposure is too much and context allows to do so.

Hey, I have to adapt things so that the game becomes playable. I know that you would get burned by standing near lava, but that takes out some of the fun.

Also:
I don't really care if you do so. The souls of the players are free to be enslaved by whoever they allow to do so.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 21, 2014, 08:24:52 am »

-snip-

-FIXED-
TV TROPES The souls of the players are free to be enslaved by whoever they allow to do so.
~NoooOOOooOOOooOOOoooo.....~

You have doomed me! Again! WHY TV TROPES WHY! I'mfallingintoalltheopenTAAAaaaabssss....

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 21, 2014, 08:46:00 am »

-snip-

-FIXED-
TV TROPES The souls of the players are free to be enslaved by whoever they allow to do so.
~NoooOOOooOOOooOOOoooo.....~

You have doomed me! Again! WHY TV TROPES WHY! I'mfallingintoalltheopenTAAAaaaabssss....

*Recieves payment from TV Tropes Soul Handling Industries Inc.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 21, 2014, 09:11:42 am »

If you want people to be REALLY terrified, you could put a portal to TVTropes under the bridge.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 21, 2014, 09:18:29 am »

If you want people to be REALLY terrified, you could put a portal to TVTropes under the bridge.
WHY ARE YOU HELPING HIM!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 21, 2014, 09:22:06 am »

Terrible and foul scheming is part of the indoctrination of a Perplexicon GM.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 21, 2014, 09:49:32 am »

My god, if he DID put the portal there, "SPARTAAAA" kicking someone into the abyss would seem oddly self-referential (You have just been kicked with a common media meme into a website based on disseminating, recording and linking common media memes. Or something). Or have their browser auto-redirect them there. Taunting them. I'd expect one heck of a Big NOoO!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:05 am »

Terrible and foul scheming is part of the indoctrination of a Perplexicon GM.
And creating paranoia. But that's more like a PW touch, I think.

My god, if he DID put the portal there, "SPARTAAAA" kicking someone into the abyss would seem oddly self-referential (You have just been kicked with a common media meme into a website based on disseminating, recording and linking common media memes. Or something). Or have their browser auto-redirect them there. Taunting them. I'd expect one heck of a Big NOoO!
I would link a meme here, but that would increase the derail.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 21, 2014, 06:44:05 pm »

Actually, heat from mere proximity to lava isn't all that dangerous.  It's like being near a fire- hot, but just uncomfortably so.  The real danger is the toxic gas that it releases.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 197