Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317263 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2014, 05:50:05 am »

PM sent.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 23, 2014, 10:10:26 pm »

Roll repeatedly to Dodge!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 24, 2014, 10:11:19 am »

Ahh, if you had posted earlier...

Sadly, gentlemen, this game will be on hiatus for a week. I intend to continue this afterwards, so don't worry.

Meanwhile, here is more exposition on particular aspects of the mechanics:

-Physical combat:

a)Standard combat
-Attacker attacks with an element that can be a part of his own body, with dexterity.
-Defender tries to dodge, using mainly his legs. Dexterity is rolled.
-If successful there is a strength roll to determine the amount of damage caused.

b)Wrestling:
-Both players roll for dexterity to determine who has the advantage. The arms are the main thing used here.
-Both players roll for strength to determine if the grapple is broken. Mostly arms are used again.
-If the grapple is still successful, the player on top can attempt an action using strength, where standard RTD rules apply (excluding choking).

-Wounds and endurance rolls:

A standard d6 is rolled for most of them, even if there is a 1 out of 3 chance of something happening. This way the modifiers for stats can still be applied. The "x out of z" chance represents the level of difficulty of the wound.

For example, a standard [Pain I]:
If the roll is equal to 1 or 2, the penalty is applied, while it won't happen if more than 2 is rolled. A +1 to endurance rolls will effectively reduce the chances to 1 out of 6.

For heavy wounds, a d6 is rolled, with the following efects:
1: You fall unconcious.
2-3: Action fails, or otherwise the penalty from a missing limb is applied.
4-5: action is attempted at a -1 penalty.
6: action happens normally.

Note that a +1 in endurance would negate the posibility of falling unconcious, making it a really good stat to have if you ever get wounded.

EDIT: we lacked Derm's action anyway, so I couldn't make a turn (because he was focusing, and I can't just ignore him for the turn)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 26, 2014, 07:16:51 pm »

My notifications stopped coming for some reason.

Demonic Contortion!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:51:08 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2014, 09:42:25 am »

Turn 013

I'll be PMing you some words later today.

Ahh, there is nothing like doing some science while some people try to kill each other some meters away.

[Pot:6+2=8]A lot of thoughts cross your mind. Thoughts of fur, teeth, hungry fangs and horns. Thoughts of howls. The need to chase a prey, the need to kill and consume it. You are pretty sure that all those thoughts are more or less what defines a generic beast.

[Pot:3+2=5]
Nothing rearranges itself in a thin line for a brief period of time.

[Pot:4+2=6]
Your left foot begins to emit a golden glow, which quickly fades away, like if i had no actual purpose and decided that waiting in the feet of some guy was not worth it.

"Well, THAT happened. Or DIDN'T"

REMEDY MY WOES. MAGIC MY BOY, MAGIC.

Thrakor laughed as his opponent fell.  "Ah hah!  Now feel the superior power of magic!"

Superior power of magic!

As last time, PM stuff.

*sigh*

PM sent.

My notifications stopped coming for some reason.

Demonic Contortion!

[Bigf01t spd:5-1=4]
[Thrakor spd:5]
[DK spd:4]
[Zentol spd:3-1=2]
[Romek spd:4-1=3]
[Derm spd:2]

Thrakor decides to go for the kill. He points at Eric and dreams about magma as he whispers some words:

[Thrakor pot:2]

And nothing happens, he just stays there pointing at Eric. Wait! some magma came out of that finger! But it was the size of a water drop. It promptly cooled down before reaching its destination.

Eric used this opportunity to stand up. Incompetence from the bad guys, that's why the good guys are allowed to stand up in films.

Spd tie: Bigf01t and DK:

Bigf01t spd:3-1=2
DK spd:3

For a fraction of a second, the Dragon Knight reacted first, so that he could continue his evil plan:

[DK dex:1]
[Zentol dex:6]  ((Won't bother to add modifiers))

But Zentol just guesses his intention and moves back before The Dragon Knight can even react.
Bigf01t, on the other side, has a plan too:

[Bigf01t dex:3]
[Zentol dex:2+2-1-1=2]

[Bigf01t pot:5+1=6]

Bigf01t just grabs Zentol and says, after casting his spell:
"TEAR HIM A - What the fuck? W-Why the hell are you not- WHAT DID JUST HAPPEN?!?

Bigf01t turns back to see that there is a huge amount of paper behind him. A damned lot of paper which just slides into the abyss. Dammit!

[Bigf01t str:1-1=0]
[Zentol str:6-1=5]

Zentol just grabs one of Bigf01t's flimsy hands and twists them uncomfortably. He reacts by getting them off Zentol and trying unsuccessfully to not scream.

Romek, surprisingly, enters into the fray and shouts a word at the Dragon Knight:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A golden line appears and forms a shape od one of those spiky knight balls. How were they called? Morningstars, right. Haha, it is pretty big, almost wrapping the Dragon knight's head. He notices that and turns around as it fades away. Then he shakes his head and keeps what he was doing, what it was?

spd tie: Derm and Zentol

Derm spd:5
Zentol spd:5-1=4

Oh, yes, he was watching what happened to this psycho. Derm appears to be trying to look at him. That's odd.

[Derm pot:6]
[Derm dex:3+1+1=5]
[Zentol dex:4+3-1=6]

He uses the same tactic that he used with the Flimsy Wizard to trick his sight. This time Derm ends up looking at a portion of the bridge below Zentol, which begins to glow and with a sudden flash turns to paper. A huge bridge of paper that is supporting 3 people.

Jumping and Cliffhanging:

[Bigf01t dex:5]
[Zentol dex:1+3-2-1-1=0]
[DK dex:6]

As the bridge collapses, The Dragon Knight manages to jump to one of the safe rocky parts, landing face first, but safe. Hey, it's the part where that morningstar dude is.

[On ground]

Bigf01t just jumps into the other side of the gap, where most of the wizards are.

Zentol, on the other hand, can't even react. He had done too much in a short space of time. And he was wounded. And he was in the middle of the huge gap. All in all, and considering that he evaded the sight of Derm by jumping, made his situation the worst possible. He literally jumped to his doom, although it wasn't his doom a couple seconds ago.

As Zentol executes his jump, he begins to sneer something back at Derm, but cuts himself off as his feet touch paper.

"Conshael Don-  Celthel?!"

As he falls, Zentol Zzerallthonth tries to look back at his slayer.

"Ushaal Zoth-Hareth..."

Zentol has died, his power goes to Derm. +2 stat points

Zentol just fell for a long time, almost so much that he thought that he was going to fall forever, but suddenly he felt that something besides was pulling him, and then he felt no more, as he had ceased to exist. Some time after his fall, a white line of smoke rose from the abyss, it followed Derm, then suddenly entered through his chest. He could feel the power. Yeah, he liked it. Bigf01t shook Derm's hand, and The Dragon Knight, after checking that his nose was still in his place, gave him a thumbs up from the other side of the gap.

Meanwhile in the Grand Room, a shadowy presence came from the Arcane Room. It flew around the diamond pig, cornering it near a wall. Then the shadow stopped moving in mid-air. Its shape was that of a man, but covered with a pitch dark robe, and holding a scythe made from a spine with an equally dark head. It projected no shadow, excluding his hands, that had some kind of silverish glove.
A sudden glow came from its whole body, followed by a flash, and then gravity remembered about this entity and it fell to the floor, where he used one of his arms and the bottom of the scythe to lessen his fall. It stood up and slowly walked to one of the pillars over which were the glowing, floating orbs that illuminated the place. It just left its scythe leaning against the pillar. Only the spine projected a shadow, the head of the scythe, the pitch black thing that made it, as well as the entity's robe, didn't cast one, as if light willingly ignored it.
Having left its scythe, the entity walked to the pig, while taking off one of its gauntlets. The screams of the pig, akin to glass being constantly crushed, filled the room. The entity just walked slowly and grabbed the pig from its throat. Black tendrils begun to appear in the pig's surface, along his whole body. Its legs begun to shake, until they could hold the pig's weight, and the pig fell to the ground with a loud thud. Its screams, by this time, had almost faded, but it was futilely trying to contort itself, like if it still had some hope of escaping.

Baldr appears in the middle of the Greenhouse Room. There appears to be a lake near the corner, nice.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Gm comments
We are back, with an amazing turn!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2014, 10:11:21 am »

Dammit.

Stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 01, 2014, 11:58:24 am »

One point to Str and one to Pot.

"Heh. Okay everyone, back to the portal room! We've got SCIENCE to do!"

Head to the portal room!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 12:03:36 pm by Dermonster »
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 01, 2014, 11:59:35 am »

One point to Str and one to Pot.

"Heh. Okay everyone, back to the portal room! We've got SCIENCE to do!"

Pull up GWG and head to the portal room!
I'm afraid that he is on the other side of the bridge.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 01, 2014, 12:01:40 pm »

*Beat*

Shit.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 01, 2014, 12:34:34 pm »

Also, I'm obviously not dangling, since I am capable of giving you a thumbs-up.

You gloating kill-thief*.
*In the sense that I needed the kill, not that I had claimed it with some prior action.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 01, 2014, 12:40:30 pm »

Also, I'm obviously not dangling, since I am capable of giving you a thumbs-up.

You gloating kill-thief*.
*In the sense that I needed the kill, not that I had claimed it with some prior action.
You are just prone in the other side of the gap, as per typical RTD overshoot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 01, 2014, 12:43:06 pm »

Oh.

Well, I'm in no need of being pulled up by anyone.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 01, 2014, 12:44:31 pm »

You're on the ground tho.

Also I'm preeeety sure Darkpaladin tried to kill you. I'm out of pool so I can't ranged attack atm so... good luck with that.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 01, 2014, 01:09:36 pm »

Also I'm preeeety sure Darkpaladin tried to kill you. I'm out of pool so I can't ranged attack atm so... good luck with that.
Confirmed via PM.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 01, 2014, 01:31:47 pm »

Well don't I feel like a jerk for not updating Pit!

"Bah, that didn't work!  Have at you!"

Magical Murder!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 197