Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317892 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2014, 11:33:56 pm »

With magma, it is almost completely focused on the part it hits, only burning other parts if the exposure is too much and context allows to do so.
Convection schmonvection.
Actually, heat from mere proximity to lava isn't all that dangerous.  It's like being near a fire- hot, but just uncomfortably so.  The real danger is the toxic gas that it releases.
It depends on how hot the lava is (of course), how much lava, how close, and what direction (3 feet above is more dangerous than 3 feet to the side, since heated air tends to rise). Other factors, too, but they're a bit harder to pin down in exact numbers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 22, 2014, 08:13:06 am »

Turn 012

"Okay, I am now PISSED THE FUCK OFF."

Focus Dex. (So I can use it in the turn after next.)

I was wondering why I got that result until I checked my list.

I used the wrong word. Oops.

Evasive maneuvers!

As bummed out as I am that Magical Plan Magma didn't smack him in the face/torso, at least it co... kill-blocked him.
Now that I think of it, if I fired it at him, and only upgraded the burns on his arm, therefore there couldn't have been much magma, how did it block the whole bridge? Exactly how thin is this bridge? I feel nervous standing on it now :P

Syvarris, I DID warn you ;) Turns out going for easy souls that day didn't exactly help you much, did it ;D

EXECUTE MAGICAL PLAN: EXECUTE.

The wizards that were on the other side of the part of the bridge covered by magma spent time doing different things.
Bigf01t just waited for an attack that wouldn't come.
The Flimsy Wizard tried to dodge attacks that never arrived.
and Derm used his time flexing and generally getting in a better shape to do acrobatic feats more easily.

All in all, they mostly wasted time.

But they could all see that there was something on the Portal Room. This time, it was a rock cylinder over two smaller rock cylinders than it used to move itself by making them roll. It was going back and forth over the place where the magma used to be. After some time, it just goes away, and. Did it just phase through a wall? That's odd.

Oh. Well then.

Fuck that guy.

Damn you useless magic rolls!

Enact counter strategy.

PM Stuff

Murder a wizard, la-de-da-doo~

[Eric spd:2]
[DK spd:1]
[Zentol spd:3-1=2]

In the bridge over the bottomless pit, Zentol looks at The Dragon Knight. He, despite the uncomfortable situation that is to be looked by a psychopath like him, looks at him and nods. Okay, something in happening here.

But, on the Grand Room, a fairly normal guy and a crazy one who has an alien squid as a hat are fighting:

[Eric Dex:2]
[Thrakor Dex:4+1=5]

In a badly executed maneuver, Eric tries to tackle Thrakor, but he just sidesteps as Eric Falls to the floor.

[On ground]

((Hint, because it has happened before: tackling is not exactly the best course of action. And don't get me started on dropkicks))

As this happened, it seemed that both Zentol and the Dragon Knight had an agreement on about what to do.

[DK Dex:2]
[Zentol Dex:1+3-1-1=2]

Or at least it seemed that it was that. The Dragon Knight tried to grab Zentol for some reason, something that he couldn't prevent him from doing, as there was hot magma on his back and an endless abyss on each side. His burned arm didn't help at all too. Luckily, the Dragon knight couldn't grab him in such a way that he could actually do something, he is pretty evasive.

The portion of the bridge that was pure blue fire has now extinguished. The magma over the bridge has cooled now, or at least won't hurt anybody who decides to step over them for a short time.

In the Grand Room, the fight between the bear and the diamond pig has ended, because the bear (which now lacks its front teeth) has entered in a kind of invernation. The blue flames of its body are barely visible.

From the Arcane Room, a green light is slowly growing in potency.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 22, 2014, 08:44:46 am »

"Well, THAT happened. Or DIDN'T"

REMEDY MY WOES. MAGIC MY BOY, MAGIC.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 22, 2014, 08:53:31 am »

Thrakor laughed as his opponent fell.  "Ah hah!  Now feel the superior power of magic!"

Superior power of magic!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 22, 2014, 09:04:05 am »

As last time, PM stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:36 am »

I'll be PMing you some words later today.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 22, 2014, 09:25:23 pm »

*sigh*

I almost feel sorry for you, but what's done is done, I made my word, now to keep by it and vie for tasty, tasty souls!

((When you tried to kill me, I decided I like having a nemesis! So as far as RP goes, by character is going to take whatever chance he can to omnom on Zentol's soul, particularly if that means freeing Pariah's from Zentol's grasp as well. If you make a different character, I probably won't attack you, same as I treat everyone else.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 22, 2014, 10:31:34 pm »

I think I have dibs. I've been faking an alliance with him for a while, and really need the points.
Sig

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2014, 10:37:11 pm »

I think I have dibs. I've been faking an alliance with him for a while, and really need the points.
He tried. To KILL ME. Right after he killed my only ally. In front of me. Also, I need the points as much as anyone around here. I'll go with whoever gets the jump on him, but don't think I'm not going to try! ;D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2014, 10:47:13 pm »

He's PM-threatened to kill me!
...Okay, you might have a point there. But I think you're overall more capable of killing people.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2014, 10:48:03 pm »

The fair solution is that one of you kills him, then the other one kills that person.  That way you both get the soul point!

At least for a bit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2014, 10:52:56 pm »

The fair solution is that one of you kills him, then the other one kills that person.  That way you both get the soul point!

At least for a bit.

GWG, I'm in a gentlemanly mood, so you can go first! :P

I'll cut you a deal, we're both probably going to go for the souls, but if I get them I'll make you a Diamond Morningstar, and conjurer some Chitin you can make armor out of. It isn't perfect, but at least if my turn kills poor syvarris dead then at least you get something.

EDIT:
He's PM-threatened to kill me!
...Okay, you might have a point there. But I think you're overall more capable of killing people.

He in-thread near-succeeded in killing me! ;)

I do admit tho, I science'd hard and fast AND got lucky. I do have some good words, my stats however leave something to be desired.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:55:16 pm by Bigf00t »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2014, 10:54:43 pm »

Yay! Thank you.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 22, 2014, 11:05:56 pm »

my stats however leave something to be desired.

That's why Piecewise invented murder!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 197