Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318067 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Where even the GM hates the RNG.
« Reply #420 on: February 10, 2014, 12:49:28 pm »

Try to locate some kind of ally or easy victim.

Stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 10, 2014, 01:06:06 pm »

Well crap on a crap stick.  I liked the other turn better!

Wake up.  Midsleep DOOOOOOOOODGE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 10, 2014, 03:38:14 pm »

No change.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 10, 2014, 06:20:36 pm »

!!SCIENCE!!
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 10, 2014, 07:25:04 pm »

other things
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 10, 2014, 11:04:50 pm »

Poor dumbass Ming-Ming.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 11, 2014, 12:25:06 am »

KILL (...ignorance with SCIENCE! Gotcha ;D)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2014, 07:06:30 am »

So, let's see player actions:
-Bigf01t
-Toaster
-GWG
-Rolepgeek
-Icefire
-Derm
-Unholy

And people who has older actions:
-Elephant Parade.

Now I lack the actions from:
-Darkpaladin

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 12, 2014, 07:11:45 am »

PM sent.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 12, 2014, 07:45:58 am »

PM sent.
That was quick.

I'm going to begin writing the turn, but EP can still change his action if he desires, I'm going to do that at the end if possible.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 12, 2014, 08:07:05 am »

Fun fact: Derm posted something, but hasn't PMed me anything. Okay, I will wait some time more.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 12, 2014, 08:36:06 am »

what? Huh. Coulda sworn.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #433 on: February 12, 2014, 01:01:26 pm »

Turn 017

!!SCIENCE!!

The first thing you try to do upon entering a weird magical arena full of dangerous magic is to try something magical too. Maybe blending with the crowd is the best idea, right? You cross your fingers as you say some words:

[Pot:1+1=2]
A bit of dirt appears in front of you.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and begins the drawing of an animal out of itself. It looks like a pig, judging by the tail. It then disappears.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A pile of wood logs, planks and stcks appear in front of you.

Another golden line appears, but this time just wiggles for some time before disappearing.

A golden line appears and begins a huge drawing. Okay, at least it seems huge compared to you. It is humanoid in shape and. Oh, shit, it's an orc! And it is trying to grab you. Luckily it just goes through you before disappearing.

[Pot:4+1=5]
You can feel a bit of nothing appearing to your left.

Six words, and you are fine! Whoooo!

KILL (...ignorance with SCIENCE! Gotcha ;D)

Another probably dangerous magic session for the guy with the lab coat:

A golden line appears and draws a huge, unwieldy halberd. Barring cartoon characters, nobody would find a use in that.

[Dex:1]

A purple mist appears in front of you, which you immediately inhale out of sheer lack of reflexes. That is not something good, not at all.

You keep doing your probably dangerous magic, anyway:

Nothing happens. Wait, NOTHING HAPPENED HELL YEAH I'M ALIVE AND I HAVEN'T LOST ANY LIMB!

You then notice that your throat is bothering you, and suddenly you start coughing, a lot.

[Coughing]

((Have fun!))

Quote from: Derm
PM

You stop cursing now that Bigf01t is sick and begin doing science. That is hopefully more relaxing than looking at your stump. Not that you can actually look at it with your eyes being so wet from that flash of light.

A golden line appears and moves awkwardly in front of you before ceasing to exist.

[Pot:1]
Another golden line appears and twists itself into a knot. Huh.

Yet another golden line appears, but this time draws an arm in front of you. Hurray?

[Pot:5]
This time a hand is drawn.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A huge pile of paper appears in front of you.

Okay, nothing bad happened this time.

PM sent.

other things

PM

Try to locate some kind of ally or easy victim.

Stuff.

Quote from: Elephant Parade
Old PM

[Flimsy spd:6-1=5]
[DK spd:3]
[Outcast spd:1-1=0]
[Eric spd:3]
[Romek spd:3-1=2]

The flimsy Wizard rushes from the Portal room to the Grand Room, going past the cylindrical creatures that have almost finished fixing the bridge, thus allowing even someone like the Flimsy Wizard to jump it. He reaches the room and looks at Romek:

[Flimsy pot:6+2=8]
[Flimsy dex:4-1=3]
[Romek dex:3]

But Romek, despite being distracted, manages to get away from Flimsy's eyes. It is just a portion of the wall what it's seen instead, a big portion, in fact, which begins to emit aglow which is followed by a flash of light as the stone rearranges itself into a huge stone hammer, which falls to the ground making a loud crack.

Meanwhile, the Dragon Knight analyzes the situation: The Flimsy Wizard is here, he is an ally, or at least should be after he saved his life. On the other hand, that Thrakor dude with the alien squid over his head looks like an easy victim, mainly because it is unconscious. Anyway, he doesn’t pay attention to that and does some science:

[End:5+1=6] ((Normal action!))
[DK pot:6-1=5]
Your whole body begins to emit a golden glow, but it fades away on its own.

Hey, what's happening near you?

[Eric dex:6]
[Outcast dex:4+1=5]
[Eric str:5]
[Outcast dex:2]

Oh, yeah, that guy has just kicked the angry wizard dude so hard that he fell. You wonder if you should help someone here, but you suspect that there are no good guys here anyway.

[On ground]

A perspective change later, Romek tries to steal the Outcast Wizard's morningstar:

[Romek dex:4-1=3]
[Outcast dex:1-1=0] ((Your bad luck is impressive))
[Romek str:6-1=5]
[Outcast str:2+1=3] ((and I say it again))

And he manages to do so. He pulls it out of the wizard's hands and toys around with it before striking the wizard back:

[Romek dex:6]
[Outcast dex:6-1=5]
[Romek str:3-1=2]

But he only manages to slightly hit the wizard in the head, causing minor pain and just superficial scratches.

[Pain I]

Thrakor wakes up feeling unusually lucky, until he sees two things: first, his friend is being mauled by two people, and second, that Dragon Knight guy is looking him in a way he doesn't like, at all.

Meanwhile, everybody in the Portal and the Grand room can see from their respective sides one of those cylindrical creatures get back from the bridge, their work seemingly having ended, and phasing through the wall.

In the Portal room the enigmatic swirling mass of lights has finally become completely red and black. The mages were pretty busy with their stuff, until something interrupts them. A tall black stick flies out of the portal and skids along the ground in front of it. As it stands up looking back at the portal, everybody can see how it is indeed a well-defined but wicked looking humanoid. He appears to be so emaciated that his ribs can be seen almost outside of its body. Well, if there is a way to determine what is outside of it, as the monochromatic figure doesn't look to have an anatomy like the living beings everybody is familiar with. There are other important features, though: its eyes are glowing purple and it has a rune in its forehead that is also glowing with the same color. Finally, there is another curious thing about it: it has slightly long ears. It is grasping in its hands (which look like claws) a silverish sword.
Then, as everybody was avidly examining the creature, a silver foot crossed the portal. The body that followed it was of the same color, yet short and sturdy. It had a long beard and eyes that glowed with silver in a a fashion almost indistinguishable from its silver skin. Everybody suspects that another glowing rune lies in its forehead, but nobody can really see the glow. The first thing that it proceeds to do after coming out is shouting in a high pitched tone at the black humanoid. Nobody can understand what did it say. But everybody understands something: the big golden hammer being pounded on the floor, causing visible cracks. The black humanoid's response is another shout, this time in a really lo tone, that is accompanied of the sword being spun around the black humanoid's claws.

Overall, it seems that they don't like each other.

Status effects update:
-Romek's pain II in his arm is now Pain I.
-Eric's pain II in his leg is now Pain I.
-Derm's eyes are now fine.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #434 on: February 12, 2014, 01:20:46 pm »

PM sent.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 197