Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317869 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #525 on: February 21, 2014, 02:18:41 pm »

[Thrakor spd:3-1=1]
Oh, that's because I forgot to roll the d2 to see if the penalty applied (because of two penalties on the same leg), and then did it, but didn't correct the value. It doesn't affect the turn, anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 21, 2014, 02:21:51 pm »

Yeah, the original version (which contained something I derped over) mentioned that it didn't change anything.  It's merely humorous.

Also Just beat that Eric dude to death with the club
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 21, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »

The dice overwhelm me sometimes. I run this with three diferent tabs of Random.org

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 21, 2014, 04:21:31 pm »

Could you PM me the sixth word I scienced? I only have 5 in the PM. :S
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 21, 2014, 06:17:08 pm »

actions.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 21, 2014, 07:12:57 pm »

Aw. I didn't get to use my squid powers.

Squid science will be arriving shortly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 21, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »

The dice overwhelm me sometimes. I run this with three diferent tabs of Random.org
...Why do you need three tabs?

Request that someone who isn't busy try making me a weapon and/or armor so I stop sucking. If this fails, kick another wall.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 21, 2014, 09:45:25 pm »

I'm guessing I passed the secret roll to not be affected with coughing for that turn?
When will this wear off? -1 to everything gets rather... tiresome.
I have magical plans goshdangnammit!

Stuff. I guess. While I wait to (ironically) magically get better.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 22, 2014, 09:18:44 am »

I'm guessing I passed the secret roll to not be affected with coughing for that turn?
When will this wear off? -1 to everything gets rather... tiresome.
I have magical plans goshdangnammit!

Stuff. I guess. While I wait to (ironically) magically get better.
As you have a -1 to endurance, that can technically last forever. But there are chances of it going off in the next turn. On average, it is going to last 2 turns more.

Also, I roll to see if the cough affects you on each roll. It is somewhat a tedious job, but that illness is supposed to be just annoying at low levels.

...Why do you need three tabs?
Standard d6, then d2 and d3 for stat bonuses and certain status effects. I have also used a d100 for certain special stuff, but that is not something that happens often (I have only used it once so far.)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 22, 2014, 10:46:57 am »

You realize you can use d6's for all those, right?  For a d2, 1-3 = 1, and 4-6 =2.  For a d3, 1/2=1, 3/4=2, and 5/6=3.

When I was running my off-forum Perplexicon, I just had two tabs of random.org, and almost never opened them.  One was "roll 500 d6's formatted in a single column" which I would then copy/paste into a notepad++ tab next to the turn, and the other was the single random integer page, which I used for randomly selecting words when people used the "magic" word.

Also, if you don't use notepad++ for this, you really should.  It is a godsend, for the tabs and ability to open two files at the same time if nothing else.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2014, 10:57:02 am »

You realize you can use d6's for all those, right?  For a d2, 1-3 = 1, and 4-6 =2.  For a d3, 1/2=1, 3/4=2, and 5/6=3.

When I was running my off-forum Perplexicon, I just had two tabs of random.org, and almost never opened them.  One was "roll 500 d6's formatted in a single column" which I would then copy/paste into a notepad++ tab next to the turn, and the other was the single random integer page, which I used for randomly selecting words when people used the "magic" word.

Also, if you don't use notepad++ for this, you really should.  It is a godsend, for the tabs and ability to open two files at the same time if nothing else.
Thamks for the advice, but I use different tabs as a was to momentarily save the data (and to remember me of all the rolls that I have to do). I know that I can use a d6, and I planned the system so that if I ever have to use a physical dice I would be able to do so (excluding the scarce special stuff)

I write the stuff in notepad, not notepad ++, but I guess that I could try using it. I'm doing fine with copy pasting pre-made abbr tags and the like, anyway.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2014, 02:03:51 pm »

I guess that's somewhat an advantage, with NP++ I would sometimes get confused and have to hit "undo" to see what the last few rolls were.  And my primary reasoning for doing it like that is because my internet's slow- waiting three seconds every time I want to roll a few more dice is annoying.

And seriously, I recommend NP++ to anyone who ever does any text editing at all.  It just has so many little improvements over notepad across the board, and it isn't any harder to use.  If you do try it, you can drag a tab onto the right side of the window and select "move to other view".  I usually kept the turn in the second view, and stuff like the wordlist, random number list, and other frequently-checked stuff in the first view, as tabs.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 22, 2014, 05:26:56 pm »

If you do try it, you can drag a tab onto the right side of the window and select "move to other view".  I usually kept the turn in the second view, and stuff like the wordlist, random number list, and other frequently-checked stuff in the first view, as tabs.
This could definitely help with having other 3 notepad documents open. Yeah, I'm going to try it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 22, 2014, 08:52:29 pm »

And seriously, I recommend NP++ to anyone who ever does any text editing at all.

I will second this recommendation.  That said, I use Google Drive for Pit of Magic for its advantage of saving after pretty much anything you do.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 23, 2014, 02:05:46 pm »

Ah well. Despite the misunderstanding, I know now more science at least. Please just use the turn I sent you in my last PM.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 197