Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318002 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #540 on: February 23, 2014, 02:29:07 pm »

Ah well. Despite the misunderstanding, I know now more science at least. Please just use the turn I sent you in my last PM.
I'm sorry because of that, but the last word was an overshoot, it wouldn't have had an effect if you hadn't rolled a 6.

Anyway, you haven't sent me any other PMs, and repeating a turn would be a waste of time, so I will be waiting another set of words.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: February 24, 2014, 08:30:40 pm »

Tried sending it again. If you didn't get it again I'll just post it here.

Damned PM system has been giving me a lot of trouble recently.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: February 25, 2014, 06:12:01 am »

Tried sending it again. If you didn't get it again I'll just post it here.

Damned PM system has been giving me a lot of trouble recently.
Don't worry, it arrived!

Now I need to get EP to send em something...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: February 25, 2014, 03:26:36 pm »

Turn 021

Bring dex up to 2. Awww yeah.

Beholdeth!

Yeah, the original version (which contained something I derped over) mentioned that it didn't

change anything.  It's merely humorous.

Also Just beat that Eric dude to death with the club

actions.

Quote from: Rolepgeek
PM

[Derm spd:3]
[Thrakor spd:3]
[Unholy spd:4-1=3]
[Eric spd:1]

The calm of the bridge is suddenly interrupted as Thrakor walks furiously, his club raised in Eric's direction:

[Thrakor dex:1]
[Eric dex:6-1=5]

And his walk proves to be quite predictable. Eric just moves at a side to avoid the space hobbo's unusually big femur-club.

[Eric dex:1-1=0]

What he doesn't predict, maybe blinded because of his self-perceived awesomeness (related to Thrakor's uselessness when it comes to bashing people with a club), is the fact that the bridge doesn't have any kind of railing. The clumsiness of the situation would be almost comical, if it weren't for the fact that Eric just fell to his doom after trying to lean against a nonexistent piece of wood or metal, whatever Eric thought it would have been made from.

As Eric notice what actually happened, managed to shout something back at Thrakor:
"I'll be back for you, you bastard! You'll never be rid of me! NEVEEEEERRRRR!..."
His voice could still be hear for some time, actually, but it slowly faded away into the silent abyss.

Well, maybe there he is going to feel better. Hell, he knows something for sure: he isn't going to get sprayed with magma from time to time.
After an obscenely lengthy fall, he felt something pulling him. But then he couldn't determine the origin of that force, because to do that, you would need eyes, a brain, and a mind to think about it.

Eric had died. Thrakor gains a stat point.

As Thrakor rejoices with his newly acquired power, The Outcast Wizard is going to attempt murder too, this time hoping to not screw everything up like last time. He walks up to Derm, who decides that it would be better to not do magic and try to not get pushed off from the bridge:

[Outcast dex:3+1=4]
[Derm dex:2]
[Outcast str:5+1=6]
[Derm str:3]

[Derm dex:5-1+1=5]

The Outcast Wizard managed to gather a fairly high amount of strength and pushed him to the edge, so hard that Derm almost fell, but managed to not do so, despite the fact that he is lacking a foot. Maybe his captured souls are powering him?

Aw. I didn't get to use my squid powers.

Squid science will be arriving shortly.

The Flimsy Wizard, who is standing right next to where used to be Derm, in fact, just shrugs. He needs to harness the secret powers of the squid!

[Pot:3+2=5]
A golden line appears to your right, forms a perfect drawing of a squid, and then flies to your right.

[Pot:4+2=6]
You can almost feel like if bits nothing itself arranged itself in an infinitely large and equally thin line.

Request that someone who isn't busy try making me a weapon and/or armor so I stop sucking. If this fails, kick another wall.

I'm guessing I passed the secret roll to not be affected with coughing for that turn?
When will this wear off? -1 to everything gets rather... tiresome.
I have magical plans goshdangnammit!

Stuff. I guess. While I wait to (ironically) magically get better.

Bigf01t gets to do some science as the Dragon Knight watches him.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:6+1-1=6]
A huge glob of a silverish metallic liquid appears in front of you, falling to the floor and creating quite a mess.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Another glob appears, that judging by the smell, is ordinary gasoline. It also makes a mess after falling.

The Dragon Knight then comes and politely asks Bigf01t:
"Excuse me, noble sir, would you be able to make a weapon like the one your are holding, so that my person could bash some skulls? I would appreciate the gesture."

"Um, well, the thing is, I'm out of magic mojo now... Wait, I'm not coughing anymore! Hell yeah!

Quote from: Icefire
PM

You just stand in place, prepared to strike whoever comes in. The screams increase even more in loudness until they reach a point in which you can barely stand them without knowing what is causing them. You try to mentally control the pigs. They answer back by screaming. They sound like tree trunks being broken again and again. As your sight comes back to you, which is helped by plentiful blinks, you begin to see a green, light? And as things become more defined, you see that the source of the light is the huge obsidian skull, which is now closing, thus ending progressively with the green light. And then you notice a dark figure kneeling on the floor. It is holding both pigs, one with each of its dark hands. The pigs' surface is being covered, or maybe drawn, with pitch dark tentacles, as they progressively stop to scream.
You can see two apparently silver gauntlets on the floor, as well as a spine attached to a dark scythe head near the entity.

In a slightly less terrifying scenario, the dwarf and the elf keep fighting:

[Dwarf spd:1-1=0]
[Elf spd:2+1=3]

The elf attempts to slash once again the dwarf:

[Dwarf dex:5-1=4]
[Elf dex:6+1=7]

[Elf str:2-1=1]

The elf attacks the joint again, but if some scratch was produced, it must have been too little.

The dwarf now decides to try another strategy:

[Dwarf dex:5-1-1=3]
[Elf dex:1+1=2]

[Dwarf str:4+1-1=4]
[Elf str:1-1=0]

[Dwarf str:6+1=7]

The sliver humanoid just grabs the Elf's head, who opposes no resistance, maybe because he wasn't really expecting it, and begins to repeatedly bash it against the floor, the head getting really deformed as he does so. The elf's nose is barely recognizable and the black matter that constitutes him is slowly but steadily caving in.

Athanasios appears in the Greenhouse Room. Ahh, what a relaxing place, if it weren't for those weird plants that keep growing bigger and bigger.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Balance changes are in effect.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: February 25, 2014, 03:31:45 pm »

Wait, why am I on the bridge? I shouldn't be near any ledge, I cast my last spell from inside the portal room.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: February 25, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

Wait, why am I on the bridge?
Because you has to enter the bridge room to cast the spell.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: February 25, 2014, 03:33:29 pm »

I need to enter the bridge room to look into the bridge room?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: February 25, 2014, 03:35:15 pm »

I need to enter the bridge room to look into the bridge room?
To look the part of the bridge itself that someone is grabbing, through a bunch of people fighting and without incurring in any penalty, yes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: February 25, 2014, 03:36:29 pm »

Seriously roundabout way of finishing that, but it works.

If I add to Pool, can I use that third pool point this turn?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: February 25, 2014, 03:36:40 pm »

I call shenanigans, this was not explained very clearly last turn!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 25, 2014, 03:41:18 pm »

Seriously roundabout way of finishing that, but it works.

If I add to Pool, can I use that third pool point this turn?
Nope.

I call shenanigans, this was not explained very clearly last turn!
I'm moving everybody to the room their target is, always. If you wanted to remain in the Portal room, you should have said so.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: February 25, 2014, 03:50:29 pm »

Well, dammit. Can you make sure to be clear when I change rooms? It would reduce these incidents.

TREACHERY!

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 25, 2014, 03:56:23 pm »

Well, dammit. Can you make sure to be clear when I change rooms? It would reduce these incidents.

TREACHERY!
It is player's responsibility to check their charcter sheet for erroneous information. Okay, I will be clearer next time, mostly when the bridge room is involved.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 25, 2014, 04:30:11 pm »

Action Now In Convenient PM Format!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 08:29:24 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 25, 2014, 05:13:44 pm »

Say words while keeping a keen eye on the plants.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 197