Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317266 times)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #645 on: March 13, 2014, 09:08:45 pm »

I STAB SMASH AT THEE!

Gee, I wonder what I am doing?

No PM this turn, I have no science that needs immediate doing!

Continue to brutalize the silver midget, see if I can't render him immobile/unable to attack/dead. If he tries to escape, try to steal his ring first.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 13, 2014, 10:42:22 pm »

"Can't say that I have!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 13, 2014, 11:03:57 pm »

Words...

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 14, 2014, 06:32:51 am »

I STAB SMASH AT THEE!

Continue to brutalize the silver midget, see if I can't render him immobile/unable to attack/dead. If he tries to escape, try to steal his ring first.
I can say that he is pretty much unable to escape by now. A slow midget lacking a leg and lying on the floor is not likely going to go anywhere soon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 14, 2014, 09:17:45 am »

"Who dares challenge the Dragon Knight?"

Combat stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 14, 2014, 02:13:00 pm »

Worry about my Pigs. Then, cast some more!
It has been proved that you have no metaphysical control over the pigs, thus worrying is bound to be pretty much useless. Do you still want to try it?

So long as it doesn't have some unforeseen consequence, like opening a black hole in my chest. That's unfortunate. And, provided it doesn't cost a pool point.
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 14, 2014, 02:55:11 pm »

It has been proved that you have no metaphysical control over the pigs, thus worrying is bound to be pretty much useless. Do you still want to try it?

So long as it doesn't have some unforeseen consequence, like opening a black hole in my chest. That's unfortunate. And, provided it doesn't cost a pool point.
I just pointed out the apparently useless nature of your action. You are free to attempt it, and I can guarantee that it won't have any negative consequences.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 14, 2014, 09:22:58 pm »

I dunno, you could probably hurt your neck or jaw if you did that...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 15, 2014, 10:46:31 pm »

*bigf01t warily looks at the Dragon Knight, and all else around him*

"I suggest you stay back, I'll be having these souls, even if I have to claim them from another. Laugh at you foe from a distance if you must but this one is mine!"

((Plus if you get killed in the crossfire I'm not apologizing! (Gee Bigf01t, why u no casting spells? Wait and find out!) If someone else was to make use of the fact I've now crippled the dude and tries to kill him, I wont be very impressed. I plan to claim his souls and gear. So fair warning! :D))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 16, 2014, 08:51:38 am »

"Never! The Dragon Knight will prevail!"
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 16, 2014, 02:18:56 pm »

Turn 026

Oh, why hello there.

I STAB SMASH AT THEE!

Continue to brutalize the silver midget, see if I can't render him immobile/unable to attack/dead.

If he tries to escape, try to steal his ring first.

"Who dares challenge the Dragon Knight?"

Combat stuff.

[Bigf01t spd:2-1+1=2]
[DK spd:5]
[Derm spd:1]

Bigf01t keeps trying to maul the dwarf until it is completely unable to move or is otherwise dead.

And the best way to do so is to bring your diamond morningstar repeatedly to him in a non-specific fashion.

[Bigf01t dex:1+1-1=1]
[Dwarf dex:2-1-1-1+1=0]

[Bigf01t str:3+1-1-1=2]

He bashes the dwarf in his right arm as he futilely tried to evade the blow. His arm is slightly bended.

The Dragon Knight, meanwhile, just waits for Derm to give him something to hit the dwarf with. He can notice that the dwarf has dropped his hammer to cover himself with his arms. But better wait until the footless guy makes a weapon for him.

[Derm pot:2]
A golden line appears and wiggles, but doesn't do anything else before vanishing away.

[Derm pot:1]
[Derm will:5-1=4]
Without asking, his only remaining foot emits a flash of light and becomes a solid iron axe! It has a sharp edge on both sides, which are facing towards the same side his face and his back. In another words, the line between them cuts in an angle of 90º the line that joins the place where his feet would have been.

Oddly enough, he can't really feel it. It's like if it is not a part of his body anymore.

Spoiler: Effects (click to show/hide)

You still do some science anyway. maybe because you are not good for anything else, actually:

[Derm pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears and draws which would have been a fancy rapier if it had been smaller. It is pretty much made to stab, though. Obviously, it disappears.

The Knight looks at him and sighs. Well, maybe he should use the golden hammer instead? He walks to it, grabs it, noticing that it is indeed gold, and, as such, it is pretty heavy. It is still good to bash skulls, anyway.

[DK dex:3-1-1=1]
[Dwarf dex:1-1-1-1+1-1=-2]

[DK pot:5]

[DK str:5+1+1=7]
[DK dex:1-1=0]

The Dragon Knight says his word as he hits the dwarf, and a burst of fire appears in front of him. Being concentrated in hitting the dwarf, he didn't think about the fire, and thus got some burns across his entire body. He didn't care at all and continued with his strike.

But the Dwarf gets his arms on the way, so, despite the terrible efforts of the Dragon Knight to bash the Dwarf's head, the arms take the blunt of the impacts. After some blows, the Dragon knight gets really pissed and opts for bashing one of the arms, which happens to be the left one, into a twisted bunch of metal, making it pretty much useless. The right arm, the one holding the ring, is pretty mauled too, but its joints seem to be still somewhat operable. It also seems to be unaffected by the fire the Knight summoned.

You get:[Minor burns] on your whole body, excluding the already burned leg, whoose bleeding, by the way, has stopped.

Head to the eastern hallway, wave to the dudes that are fighting.

"Hey guys, have you seen any plasma bears around here?"

You head there, and after getting a negative response, you do some magic:

[Pot:6+1=7]

A thick golden line appears, then draws a big spear, almost as long as a pike. With a flash of light, it materializes into iron, with a twist: sparks of electricity can be seen around it, its frequancy being alarmingly high. It is probable that you wouldn't want to wield this weapon with your bare hands.

The combatants, meanwhile, keep battling:

"Ha ha!  Run away now!"

Beat in his chest with the club.

Am I ever going to get a decent speed roll?

Flee.

Chase:

[Flimsy spd:3-1=2]
[Thrakor spd:3+1=4]

As the Flimsy Wizard limps towards the Greenhouse Room, Thrakor begins running! He can almost catch him!

[Flimsy spd:2-1-2=-1]
[Thrakor spd:3+1=4]

And then the Wizard just can't stand it anymore! No, it's too much running for him! And so he is open for an attack from the space hobo:

[Thrakor dex:6]
[Flimsy dex:5-1-1=3]

[Thrakor str:1-1=0]

The Wizard doesn’t manage to dodge the blow, but to put Thrakor in a position in which a weakling like would not be able to inflict much damage, and indeed he doesn't.

The people here (and some weird pigs) look at both of them curiously.

Words...

The green-robed individual keeps trying to unveil the mysteries of this nonsense. As such, he says gibberish written in a piece of paper that he doesn't understand, to hopefully accomplish something. That's how science works, right?

[Pot:2]
A golden line appears. It moves in and undulating fashion and ceases to exist.

[Pot:3]
You are not sure about what just happened. it seems that to be able to be felt, it must have had something more...

The Porcumancer sees the light. Oh, shit, that thing better not come from that place. It is already too much with the burned guy and the dude with the alien squid in the head here. Oh, well, at least you can do magic:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws a little pig. Awwww. It then materializes into a black emaciated alien pig. Ewww. It is somewhat similar to the material that composes the squid the new guy is using as a hat. The pig immediately goes off to a corner of the room. It doesn't seem to like you, or any of the plants, in fact.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Another golden line appears and draws a better sized pig. The odd thing is, it moves! It looks at itself! And then realizes that it is but just an illusion and begins to scream in agony (without emitting any sound) as it vanishes from existence.

Damn, did you just made a self-conscious thing and made it live the few moments of its existence being afraid of its fate? It seems that yes.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and materializes as a shield made of semi-transparent golden matter. It even has a handle made of the same material! It is shoving everything away from it. You can even feel its force. You make a great effort, but you eventually manage to grab the handle and... it dissipates into the air. The thing doesn’t seem very corporeal.

Then everyone in the room begins to hear screams and wails, getting louder as time passes. It then arrives. The black shadow comes flying and carrying its scythe at an alarming speed, rushing towards the dirt pig. In an upwards strike, the head of the pig is neatly severed and flies in the direction of the blood pig. The shadow follows the head and performs another strike, this time in a sideways fashion, releasing the scythe, which catches the head in mid-air, completely destroying it (although it wasn't hit by the head of it) and hitting the blood pig in one of the legs, which is instantly pulverized. The blood pigs screams, emitting a bubbling sound, as the head of the scythe apparently begins to pull it. Both the blood released by the leg and the pig itself are attracted to the head of the scythe for some reason. What is even more weird, is that the upon making contact with it, the bloods seems to disappear.
Not being enough with that, the entity flied towards the wooden pig, letting one of its gauntlets fall, and letting itself fall to the floor with a flash of light. Upon grabbing the pig by the throat and slamming it against the northern wall, the neck of the pig shows black veins seemingly coming out from the point in which the dark figure is touching it. The wooden porcine being also fights with its upper hooves, kicking the hand that is killing it. It somewhat succeeds in loosening the grip, but its hooves then begin to be invaded from those black veins, creeping along its surface, until they joint their counterparts coming from the neck of the animal.

For some reason, the entity is not paying attention to the black alien pig.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: RathofSTS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 16, 2014, 02:23:16 pm »

Oh holy fuck why.

Uh. Uuuuuuh.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 16, 2014, 02:25:26 pm »

Oh holy fuck why.
Because you are not fully specialized in doing magic and you have a -1 to will rolls?

Actually, you got the worst location for the transformation. Making your own hand into an axe can be somewhat nice. Making your foot, well, not so much.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 16, 2014, 02:40:13 pm »

He can notice that the dwarf has dropped his hammer to cover himself with his arms.
Oh. Huh.

The Knight looks at him and sighs. Well, maybe he should use the golden hammer instead?
Yup. Pretty much what I would have chosen.

The Dragon Knight says his word as he hits the dwarf, and a burst of fire appears in front of him. Being concentrated in hitting the dwarf, he didn't think about the fire, and thus got some burns across his entire body. He didn't care at all and continued with his strike.
Worth a shot. Did the fire at least melt the dwarf a little?

Actually, you got the worst location for the transformation. Making your own hand into an axe can be somewhat nice. Making your foot, well, not so much.
Could be his head. Or his torso.

Stuff.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 16, 2014, 03:06:13 pm »

He can notice that the dwarf has dropped his hammer to cover himself with his arms.
Oh. Huh.

The Knight looks at him and sighs. Well, maybe he should use the golden hammer instead?
Yup. Pretty much what I would have chosen.

Worth a shot. Did the fire at least melt the dwarf a little?

Could be his head. Or his torso.

Stuff.
1) The dwarf hasn't melted, and I doubt that bursts of flame are actually able to melt metal. Maybe make it easier to bend, but not much more.
2) Derm rolled a 4 in the will roll, so I can't target the head or the torso and leave lifeless materials there, as he would have died. It would happen on really low rolls (I'm still debating if it is better to use a 1 or a 0 for a "you die becase you are incompetent as fuck". I'm leaning for a 0, though, and a 1 for a "you have been so cripped that you are pretty much useless now, but if people like you, you will survive")
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 197