Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317793 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #810 on: April 13, 2014, 03:02:29 pm »

Yes, but they'll only do it once we reach a certain power level.

So we get as many people as possible to just below that power level, and then we attack.
1. We don't know what that power level is.
2. I never said we would attack them now, did I?
1. We'll know it once they attack someone. Well, we'll know roughly what it is.
2. No, but you also didn't specify that we would attack them later, and from the phrasing it sounded like you were planning to attack in the near future.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: April 13, 2014, 07:30:21 pm »

So we get as many people as possible to just below that power level, and then we attack.
I can say that you will fight the bosses in roughly the same power level as them, though.
Which helps that problem...how?

2. I never said we would attack them now, did I?
1. We'll know it once they attack someone. Well, we'll know roughly what it is.
2. No, but you also didn't specify that we would attack them later, and from the phrasing it sounded like you were planning to attack in the near future.
1. And at that point we'd lose our strongest guy...unless we buff everyone up enough that, on the whole, we'll be able to deal with them.
2. My bad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: April 13, 2014, 10:02:16 pm »

Any chance I could add to my turn "investigate the vibrating chitin"? Standard fare, poke it, throw it at nearest wall, that kind of stuff.

My holidays just started (for 2 weeks) so I might just be able to respond that little bit faster :P

And regarding the bad-luck trio, has anyone considered overly elaborate plans and traps ;D
Possibly introducing them to the bottom of the bottomless pit might work, providing they don't know how to fly (obviously we're going to need something else for the psychic chick)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: April 13, 2014, 10:06:51 pm »

Any chance I could add to my turn "investigate the vibrating chitin"? Standard fare, poke it, throw it at nearest wall, that kind of stuff.

My holidays just started (for 2 weeks) so I might just be able to respond that little bit faster :P

And regarding the bad-luck trio, has anyone considered overly elaborate plans and traps ;D
Possibly introducing them to the bottom of the bottomless pit might work, providing they don't know how to fly (obviously we're going to need something else for the psychic chick)
I'd ask Toaster if you could be placed in limbo until you return. You could drop out, and the top waitlister could switch in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: April 13, 2014, 10:17:48 pm »

You have my permission!

But it's probably not worth much.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: April 14, 2014, 06:01:10 am »

I'd ask Toaster if you could be placed in limbo until you return. You could drop out, and the top waitlister could switch in.
[/quote]
The GM coughs politely.

I'm afraid that it will have to happen in next turn.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: April 14, 2014, 07:41:53 am »

I'm all for overly elaborate, but hoping they don't know how to fly seems pretty risky, especially since we know one of them can.
Still, if we knew enough about how she flew to make that work...we might have something.

One thing that's occurring to me is that we should try to find wherever each one is weakest and attack them there. The showy guy seems to be more melee-focused, we should hit him from range. The woman seems focused mainly on magic, we should consider close combat. Stuff like that. Thoughts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: April 14, 2014, 10:05:45 am »

The GM coughs politely.
Sorry. Your names start with the same two letters.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: April 14, 2014, 10:11:17 am »

And have the same number of letters, and both have the "st" combination...

We're practically brothers!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: April 14, 2014, 11:13:59 am »

And your avatars are orange.
Sig

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: April 14, 2014, 11:17:55 am »

And your avatars are orange.
Nah, Tomcost's avatar is more red than orange.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:53 am »

Some orangey red, some orangey yellow. It balances out.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: April 14, 2014, 12:13:32 pm »

If we REALLY wanted to screw with you, we'd swap avatars.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: April 14, 2014, 12:15:43 pm »

If we REALLY wanted to screw with you, we'd swap avatars.
DO EEET

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: April 14, 2014, 03:44:12 pm »

Gentlemen, we are currently waiting on Icerfire for the turn.

Meanwhile, I have noticed that there are still some things that haven't changed in the game, so I will be applying some balance changes starting on next turn:

Upcoming balance change:

Injuries and such

The current wound and injury system is a bit wordy and confusing.  To simplify matters, I'm making a slight change:

1)  All injuries (short of severing) tick down a level after three turns.  This way, you know exactly how long you have to suffer that burn.
2)  Status effects (paralysis etc) have a Magnitude.  This is their length in turns.

This should simply tracking.

Also, I'm giving everyone Hit Points.  These will be calculated by this simple formula:

Hit Points = 10 + EndModifier * 3 + StrModifier * 2 + WillModifier

Any final decimal places will be truncated.

For example, a character with 1 in the relevant stats will have 10 points (as their modifiers are 0).  A character with:

End 2
Str 3
Will 0

results in 10 + (3*1/2) + (2*1) + (1*-1) = 10 + 1.5 + 2 - 1 = 12 hit points.

This should make damage tracking more obvious, and is an extrapolation of the chest/head health status that already exists.

On Speed

Kind of a boring stat, isn't it?  I'm just going to combine it with Dexterity.  Take your existing stats and add them to get your final.  To make things more fair, I'm now going to use a D20 for initiative.

On the Arena

The Magic room will shortly be replaced by the Monster Room.  Here, a terminal will be placed that teleports you into a separate arena filled with NPCs of various descriptions.  By performing various tasks in the new arena, you will be awarded Capture Balls.  These will allow you to catch these monsters and keep them as pets!  The terminal will allow you to "duel" the pets of other players via a system that's still under development, but it's basically a cross between Battleship and Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 197