Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317300 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #930 on: May 07, 2014, 10:43:26 am »

I think I'm gonna be getting me some more points soon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 07, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »

Pmed turn.

(Rp stuff later, if I can think of something that doesn't sound stupid.)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 07, 2014, 04:31:35 pm »

Pmed turn.

(Rp stuff later, if I can think of something that doesn't sound stupid.)
((Hint: this is the last turn before they leave))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 08, 2014, 10:43:56 am »

((Gah, sorry for the slightly late reply.  I had actually forgotten that this game existed, and wanted to read through what I'd missed.))

If I'm allowed to change my placeholder stats, I'd like to move two points from pool to dexterity.  Also, this is action text.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 08, 2014, 05:34:04 pm »

((Gah, sorry for the slightly late reply.  I had actually forgotten that this game existed, and wanted to read through what I'd missed.))

If I'm allowed to change my placeholder stats, I'd like to move two points from pool to dexterity.  Also, this is action text.
It's allright, but I will also need a name and description, unless you want to be a shady figure, in which case it is OK

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 08, 2014, 06:19:21 pm »

Can I design his appearance if he doesn't? Please?
Ooh! Ooh! Give the decision to the Delinquent Players Thread!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 08, 2014, 06:23:19 pm »

Can I design his appearance if he doesn't? Please?
Ooh! Ooh! Give the decision to the Delinquent Players Thread!
I'm afraid that I already took the decision. He will be a shadowy character if he doesn't choose.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 08, 2014, 06:27:47 pm »

Mako.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 08, 2014, 06:50:20 pm »

I actually had an idea for an appearance, but a shadow is cooler.  Let's go with that.  To fit the theme, a nameless char would be better, but if you really need a name, go with 'Thrancaole'.

Alternatively, 'The Dark Knight', because pun, and because rivalry.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 08, 2014, 07:11:40 pm »

We've got enough Knights already.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 08, 2014, 07:52:47 pm »

I actually had an idea for an appearance, but a shadow is cooler.  Let's go with that.  To fit the theme, a nameless char would be better, but if you really need a name, go with 'Thrancaole'.
Okey, shadowy it is. And while I like the idea of not having a name, it is way easier to put a name on your char, so I think that I will go for Thrancaole.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 09, 2014, 11:01:53 pm »

Could go for the name of "Nameless" (if you still wanted that).
It's a good name... ironically.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Back to old fashioned murder
« Reply #942 on: May 10, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »

Turn 035

God dammit why can't me spells ever work.

I think I'm gonna be getting me some more points soon.

Mako.

[Derm spd:1-1=0]
[DK spd:6-1=5]
[Mako spd:6-1-1=4]

The battle in the Greenhouse room continues as both The Dragon Knight and Derm try to finish Mako off. Derm politely allows the Knight to attack first:

[DK dex:1-1-1-1=-2]
[Mako dex:4-1-1+1=3]

But Mako manages to stand up before the Knight even decides in which part of Mako's head he would like his hammer to be encrusted.

And it seems that now Mako wants a revenge! He charges up to the knight, with the intent of performing an ol'fashioned dropkick

[Mako dex:2+1-1=2]
[DK dex:3]

But he manages to barely scratch his shoulder with his boots as the Knight dodges at the last moment. Unfortunately, Mako is again on the floor, and it seems that now is Derm's turn!

[Derm dex:5+1-1=5]
[Mako dex:4+1-1-1-1=2]

[Derm str:6]

But he didn't manage to roll around this time. Derm's foot met his face sideways, like a soccer kick, with the difference that the thing being hit was Mako's head this time. Mako's brain was shut down.

Mako is now:
[Unconcious]

DO ma backup turn while I think...

Well, at least the trio is not going to be telling you the most efficient way to get yourself killed. Ahh, you can relax and do science now:

[Pot:4+1=5]
[End:2]

A bunch of static seems to come from in front of you, deciding to reach an equilibrium in the electric potentials through you. As a result, the flow of electrons makes you convulse for a really short timespan which can be specified roughly as less than a second. The convulsion leaves you with a rather uncomfortable feeling of numbness across your body, one that actually prevents you from moving as good as you would be able otherwise.

Now you have: [Paralysis]

Quote from: EP
PM

You keep doing science:

[Pot:2+2=4]
A golden line appears and forms a whip.

[Pot:1+2=3]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:6+2=8]
A thick golden line appears and draws a big ass rhino in front of you. You are glad it is not alive and trying to stomp on you.

You notice that Cromwell is near you trying to assist you, but he doesn't really find anything to assist you with.

this is action text.

The shade seems to decide that it is called Thrancaole. Why did it forget its name? Well, maybe because being shady and mysterious and not actually telling how the heck you are called to people tends to make your name irrelevant, and thus susceptible to being forgotten. Or maybe it just decided to change its name for a more interesting one. Or maybe you are wasting too much time reading about how the GM futilely tries to explain how a player has chosen a name for his character.

The shade tries to do magic, though. It says its first word:

[Pot:6+1=7]
And a pile of dirt was formed in front of the shade.

It is pondering what do next now. The discovery of how to summon a normally readily available material out of thin air must have brought ecstasy to the shade. Well, obviously not.

Pmed turn.

You hide behind the portal as the three people walk (or float, depending which one) to the very portal you are using as a means to hide yourself. You are hoping that the not so pretty lights ranging from bright red to plain black manage to hide your silhouette, but the only thing that you can do to help them is staying behind the obsidian pillars, and just poking your head to see through the lights. They look all blurry from your position, so they aren't likely to see you back if you stay still. You eavesdrop the conversation, though.

And they will. See how one of the guys with more kills is now footless?
Roger, he managed to turn the axe replacing his foot into an actual foot.
And that is going to help him in the long term? No, not at all-One of the human shapes seems to get briefly distracted by eyeing the pile of dirt lying on the other side of the room, but soon snaps back as the woman keeps talking.
But they are making progress. You can't deny that.
I can almost bet that it was a matter of coincidence. Their knowledge is still in the younger stages.
We have a guy who made a bone explode into water, and he.... he actually understands how to do it.
And is it enough proof that they will eventually get into a position in which they would be able to challenge us?
Hell yes, they will. That's why I'm coming first to get my share of the souls.
I am coming second, then. I won't risk them getting knowledge to the point that it can be compared to ours.
It just won't happen!-Trough the blur of the lights you can see how one of the tree human shapes (one that is not floating), shake its arm violently as you heard the last sentence.
The floating shape unfolds its legs and quickly, but softly, descends to the floor.
Then just go back there and forget about all this, because you are clearly invincible-The shape that descended seems to point at the portal, but it is not pointing at the middle, but more towards y-

[Karen will:4+4=8]
[Zolond will:6]

You suddenly hear the feminine voice in your head: Do not think that you can fool me-You instinctively almost jump, but control yourself. Or rather, something controls yourself, you feel like you have been helped somewhat in that aspect. The voice continues as you try to rationalize what is happening-I can sense every heartbeat and every muscle of your body tensing or relaxing, so you can't hide away from me. But I have no interest in speaking to you, so shut up until we finally leave.

The voice is not heard any more in your head, but now seems to be speaking in the actual world. You blink in confusion but remember to not move, but maybe you only achieved a partial success regarding that.

Of course that it was deliberate!-The shape is not pointing any more at you-I briefly wanted to greet your stubbornness by making your frontal and occipital lobes exchange places, so I had to restrain myself. You know how it works.
Like if you could!
Just shut up and leave already! I want to get prepared for whatever comes next!
Fine!
How did this escalate so quickly? Damn, Roger, you need to control your anger-There is a brief pause, and the voice resumes speaking now with a sarcastic tone-Fine Karen, I can't say anything about you because you already know.
Nobody answered, and the shapes just went through the portal, seemingly ceasing to exist as they crossed the ethereal line from where the lights came, and to which your face was perilously near too. After they weren't here any more, the arena returned to its usual silence.

Well, it seems that you have to gather knowledge, and so you will do so:

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws a circle, but fades away after a brief time.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Now a golden line appears and draws a prism, before fading away.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 10, 2014, 05:19:10 pm »

Get me dat point baby. STOMP STOMP.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 10, 2014, 05:21:18 pm »

Get me dat point baby. STOMP STOMP.

Kill this Jabroni. Sudden wake up to a spinning heel kick. Make the crowd go wild.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 197