Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317865 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Trinity of bad news
« Reply #915 on: May 05, 2014, 07:32:56 pm »

I'd blame my lack of activity on posting, but it's more based on not really knowing what the heck to do.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 05, 2014, 07:50:11 pm »

Science, preparation for killing, or killing.

Not so hard.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 06, 2014, 12:34:22 am »

Turn pmed.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 06, 2014, 03:35:28 am »

I'd blame my lack of activity on posting, but it's more based on not really knowing what the heck to do.
Amen to that. Exactly.

Except in my case you can add my Mobile Development Assignment (I made an app!) and working at IBM more days than not to the list.

Speaking of the app, I realized it would be relatively trivial to port my Perplexicon Tool... Thing to android (let's face it, the GUI is two text boxes. Come on ;)), given how I've written it. All I have to do is finish it on PC first :P

Anyway, sorry everyone, I try not to let this slow me down too much, but I'm going to create a backup science turn so things can keep flowing. Essentially I'm going to be making my turns, two at a time.

This can only go well.

First "bitch at NPCs"

I'm honestly surprised they are getting so grumpy we're not that murdery with them looming over us.

They literally told us THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO SO THEY CAN KILL US (and have it be worth it)

Also (politely) say bye to Karen, Tim and Roger. I think they'll understand if I don't say I'll miss them.

For some strange reason I didn't expect these raging psychopaths to be so... unlikable. Except for Karen, she seems nice. But quiet. In a murder-y way. Hmm.

Rest of the turn will be PM'ed

« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 03:43:57 am by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 06, 2014, 06:47:51 am »

It sounds awesome. I can't wait to see the end result!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 06, 2014, 08:02:19 am »

I think Piecewise said it best.

MURDER.DRINK THE SOULS OF THE WEAK AND USURP THE POWER OF THE STRONG.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 06, 2014, 08:12:20 am »

Yeah, but most of the people in the arena are not people I want to attack, and I'm not much good at...well...anything, really.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 06, 2014, 08:43:13 am »

You have more than half of the arena to choose from, possibly with the exception of bigfoot.

Get crackin'.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 06, 2014, 08:54:54 am »

...and I'm not much good at...well...anything, really.
I'm building my spelling stats towards those of a more typical starting character, I don't have any weapons, and unarmed combat almost never goes well for me.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 06, 2014, 01:02:17 pm »

I don't have any weapons.
*A portal opens from the nether and a waddle dee hand sticks out and bitchslaps you, then points at your hammer in bad shape, before returning to another dimension*

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 06, 2014, 02:45:25 pm »

Oh, right.

I haven't had any weapons for most of the game, and I now have a subpar weapon that I usually forget about. Including when I prepare to kill people.
Sig

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2014, 08:29:20 am »

Turn 034

Oh yeah, thought I posted an action.

MAKO MAN.

Well shit. I wanted that one.

Anyways. PMing action in a bit.

[DK spd:2-1=1] ((Even if you don't believe it, this is actually good in this context))
[Mako spd:4]
[Derm spd:3-1=2]

Mako is angry. He wanted that kill for no particular reason, but it is still enough to seek revenge, and he has thought of a perfect irony his hand and some heavy object could cause in the head of the soul thief.

[Mako dex:1+1=2]
[DK dex:6]

But he was thinking all this while grinning and extending his hands towards the formerly precious hammer (now a disgusting piece of murder), and the Knight, who wanted to make use of his newly acquired magic powers, guessed his intention and stood prepared:

Tripping:
[DK str:6+1+1=8] ((Sir, you just were saving all your wrestling luck, right?))
[Mako dex:1+1=2]

As Mako charged the Knight, he waited with his arms stretched forwards and caught him, but, instead of stopping him, he used the momentum to toss him to the floor, the poor Mako clearly not expecting this, and thus wasn't able to cover his head, which hit the floor, the bump causing his eyes to momentarily lose coordination with his brain, which ended up showing the symptom of a blurry sight.

Mako is now:
[Dizziness]
[On ground]

The Knight stood there thinking. Hey, maybe he was not as bad as he thought. He also pondered whether to use or not his wretched implement of blunty death.

Derm, just saw the opportunity to do what he has always done best:

[Derm pot:3+1=4]
[Derm dex:2]
[Beat your pot dex:4+1=5]
[Mako dex:4+1-1-1=3]

Derm could feel the power, the heat building in his metallic mouth. Wait, why the hell did he thought it was a good idea? It may just explode on him! Fortunately, only the careful movements from both cheeks and tongue that only the cold-blooded mind of a kill stealer like Derm's could save him mouth from exploding, and so it was saved, expelling the octariney substance to the floor, leaving a hole there.

The Knight looks at Derm. Guess who is the useless one now?

Head to the Greenhouse.

You walk to the Greenhouse room to find your friends beating on that guy lying on the floor who looks pretty similar to the guy you stabbed previously.

MEGA SNIIIIIIIIP

You try to be friendly to the guys that are leaving and thus try to say goodbye. They are too far from you to hear that, so you shrug and do magic:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A thick golden line appears and forms a wristband.

[Pot:4+1=5]
Now a chunk of silver appears and falls to the floor.

A thick golden line appears and forms a huge dragon in front of you. Despite your familiarity with shapes, it is intimidating, even more when it tries to engulf you. You cannot help to close your eyes as it happens, but are relieved as, coincidentally with what you expected, nothing happens.

Turn pmed.

Okay, let's read the magic papers and hope you don't pull your lungs out of your butt or something weird:

A thick golden line appears and draws a, despite being bigger that you expected, cute seal. It banishes away after a brief time.

[Pot:1+1=2]
A golden line appears, but curls into itself into an amorphous mass. Oops, you did something wrong right here.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A pile of dirt rains in front of you.

You can hear some people coming from a distance.

Your are getting too cocky, though.
And, despite how strange this situation is, I actually agree with Timothy here.
Do you really think that those morons will eventually figure out more than a three word spell?
But it is enough to repair themselves.
Karen has a point here. All your plan depends in them getting mauled enough by the time they have to fight us

Now you see them, there is a middle-aged man with a short beard slightly frowning as he seems to argue with a floating lady and a big guy wearing a loincloth with two skulls orbiting his chest. Both the man with the beard and the lady are wearing lab coats, though.

Will you react to them? They seem to be coming from the other side of the room, but hiding behind the portal could make the funny red lights hide your presence.

Quote from: EP
PM

Well, while the chair stays there, you do more magic:

[Pot:2+2=4]
A golden line appears and draws a flail, from the spiky kind.

[Pot:3+2=5]
Now a mace is drawn.

[Pot:3+2=5]
And now a pile of wood appears in front of you.

You guess that this is useful information to have, probably to be killed before it becomes handy, but meh.

Everybody in the Greenhouse Room hears bones cracking beneath the floor, happening at the same time there is a slight movement oon the very substance you are putting your foots over. Bladr has been killed for being inactive.

A shadowy figure appears in the Arcane Room. For some reason it doesn't have neither a name nor appearance yet.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: mastahcheese (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Gently reminder for everybody, please PM me both the word and the code. It makes things really easier.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2014, 08:33:57 am »

God dammit why can't me spells ever work.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2014, 08:45:05 am »

DO ma backup turn while I think...

With self-transformations, do they require a higher roll than any active transformation to take effect? I think my last one was a pot=7 or maybe 6 so I'd like to clarify this now, before I try something awkward later :P
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 07, 2014, 08:49:58 am »

With self-transformations, do they require a higher roll than any active transformation to take effect? I think my last one was a pot=7 or maybe 6 so I'd like to clarify this now, before I try something awkward later :P
Hmmm. You will have to try! Cue evil laugh
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 197