Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317780 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Dangerous flammable materials lying around.
« Reply #1500 on: September 19, 2014, 03:37:46 pm »

"Argh!"

Keep breaking knees.  It's not like I have any other tricks.
You could try wrestling. Or something else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: September 19, 2014, 03:39:22 pm »

That gives me an idea.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lost in Nowhere

• Bay Watcher
  • AHAHAHAHA~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: September 19, 2014, 05:52:03 pm »

Continue the Science!
And so I strike, like an unseen dodge ball in an echoing gymnasium!
Another book entitled Start Your Day with Extinction.
Must be the next book in the series after Start Your Day with Death.

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:29 pm »

Continue to avoid being murdered.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: September 21, 2014, 08:11:31 pm »

The almost eerie calmness of the lake at the Eastern corner of the Greenhouse Room is suddenly interrupted as a thick stone arm covered in vines sticks out of it. It proceeds to point at the evident mess that Li has just done. With a movement of its index finger, the burned plants are lifted into the air. The hand then proceeds to shake its finger, to which the plants answer by imitating that motion, black dust falling from them. The finger then engages in complex motions, and the dark particles return to the plants, merging themselves with their formed bodies, then morphing back to a healthy state. As the plants finish their change, another arm comes out of the water, this time pointing at the floor, seemingly pressing there from the distance, and creating a hole for the magma to flow into. Between both arms, a glimpse of a head sticking out of the water can barely be seen. Once there was no more magma outside the hole, the latter arm made a motion and the floor closed, and then the other made the plants slowly descend to their original positions. Whatever creature that made all of this just descended back into the lake, disappearing from sight.
The room returned to its former calm, with only smoke as a proof of the magma incident that happpened just a brief moment ago.

Hello everybody! While we wait for the rest of the players to post their actions, I want to remember you that I am always open to theories, and, if they come with enough proof, I may even confirm them!

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: September 22, 2014, 02:38:55 am »

(I'd propose theories, but I may be cheating. I think I have had this conversation before with someone. Possibly the GM. Yeeaaaa)

SCIENCE!
ALSO GIVE PLANKY FORM!

"Alright Planky, let's try this... let's start off with something simple eh? I can always upgrade you later to a new form should you wish it... WORDS!"

(Totally not scared that the GM will make Planky violent if I give him/her/it a form from the red page... #totes-not-lying)

(Also, Beirus. Interested in trading the "absorb" word? Name a word in recompense, I probably have it. PM me if interested in mutually beneficial murder-potential in the form of black squiggles on paper. Or a screen in this case.)
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: September 22, 2014, 05:32:03 am »

(I'd propose theories, but I may be cheating. I think I have had this conversation before with someone. Possibly the GM. Yeeaaaa)
Those conversations haven't unveiled any kind of actually useful information, so go on if you want to.

Also, Planky's actions will be decided by dice once he gets the ability to do things. It's the only way to make it fair.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: September 22, 2014, 07:41:09 pm »

More tests! More theories! Science is making astounding leaps!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: September 23, 2014, 02:21:34 am »

Those conversations haven't unveiled any kind of actually useful information, so go on if you want to.
The plants are manufacturing oxygen (this is tha bit I thought I talked about). The Magma room is either energy, heat or some sort of byproduct room and the Arcane Room is gathering Arcane energy from some (psudo?)renewable source to power everything, presumably like the constant repairing faculties of the whole thing. The Portal Room is just that, the only way in and out. The Bridge room is just there to *bleep* with dodging and/or a nice defensive position between the portal room and everything else.
The Grand Arena Room... is for MURDER :D

(Well, EVERYTHING is for murder, but I digress)

Also, Planky's actions will be decided by dice once he gets the ability to do things. It's the only way to make it fair.

Oh 20 sided balls! I am going to die. Do I at least get a friendship/creator bonus? *desperate*
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: September 23, 2014, 07:20:18 am »

Oh 20 sided balls! I am going to die. Do I at least get a friendship/creator bonus? *desperate*
I can say that context will influence its actions, not only rolls. Irrational stuff won't happen because of the rolls. For example, no suicide bombing because it has rolled a 1. In fact, going full kamikaze isn't likely to happen to it.

Also, regarding the rest of the theories, well, I said that that information I gave you is pretty much not important, and you are pretty correct in what you say. There is just one thing that I may have mentioned, that I will now make public:

There are means of gathering souls other than killing other players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: September 23, 2014, 07:28:57 am »

If we find a Soul Seed, we can plant it in the Greenhouse room to grow a Soul Tree!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: September 23, 2014, 07:48:05 am »

If we find a Soul Seed, we can plant it in the Greenhouse room to grow a Soul Tree!
It's more complicated and dangerous than that

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: September 23, 2014, 08:47:51 am »

I'd be highly disappointed if it wasn't dangerous.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: September 23, 2014, 11:50:09 am »

Dammit forum, quit eating my things.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: September 23, 2014, 11:51:45 am »

We probably just need to make sentient beings, have them last for a while, and then murder them.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 197